• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Crime in America

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
According to the FBI, nearly 40% of the country didn't submit their crime data. I suspect that it had something to do with crime being at the top of the list in the walk up to the election, but it's just my theory.

That being said, doesn't a report showing crime leveling out YoY (because places like Chicago, NYC, and LA not reporting) get in the way of a gun control/assault weapons ban push by Democrats? Did they rob Peter to pay Paul here? Sure gives gun rights advocates more fodder.

Last edited:

write on

Senator
According to the FBI, nearly 40% of the country didn't submit their crime data. I suspect that it had something to do with crime being at the topnof the list in the walk up to the election, but it's just my theory.

That being said, doesn't a report showing crime leveling out YoY (because places like Chicago, NYC, and LA not reporting) get in the way of a gun control/assault weapons ban push by Democrats? Did they rob Peter to pay Paul here? Sure gives gun rights advocates more fodder.

You're right. Not every crime rate is reported.

Number_58

You're right. Not every crime rate is reported.

So you agree that downplaying the actual crime rate will hurt the Democrat's push to ban weapons?

Your post really didn't provide any substance to the topic of not reporting statistics.

write on

Senator
So you agree that downplaying the actual crime rate will hurt the Democrat's push to ban weapons?

Your post really didn't provide any substance to the topic of not reporting statistics.
I'm not downplaying anything. I'm just showing the hypocrisy of the right wing when it comes to crime.

Number_58

Okay. I think you get the point.
Actually...I don't think you understand the topic. This is about failure to report data will lead to crime statistics leveling off and ruining the Democrats' push for more gun control.

But, as usual, the shiney thing catches your attention, you get distracted, and divert the conversation off topic.

write on

Senator
Actually...I don't think you understand the topic. This is about failure to report data will lead to crime statistics leveling off and ruining the Democrats' push for more gun control.

But, as usual, the shiney thing catches your attention, you get distracted, and divert the conversation off topic.
Of course I don't, even though I've shown the correlation of urban and rural crime across America.

It's all dirty laundry now, isn't it?

Some have morals.

Number_58

Of course I don't, even though I've shown the correlation of urban and rural crime across America.

It's all dirty laundry now, isn't it?

Some have morals.
Then let's stick with the topic from the OP...cool?

Number_58

I am. You just don't like the replies you're getting.
Nope...here is the subject of the OP...

"doesn't a report showing crime leveling out YoY (because places like Chicago, NYC, and LA not reporting) get in the way of a gun control/assault weapons ban push by Democrats? Did they rob Peter to pay Paul here? Sure gives gun rights advocates more fodder."

Now, if you can provide information saying the rural communities aren't reporting their data, you can provide that and I can add it to the list. The NPR article I attached listed metropolitan areas.