• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Crime in America

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
You're right. Not every crime rate is reported.

Get us the raw data on that, okay? Because my bullsh*t detector is going off bigtime. What are they defining as "rural America?" My bet says it's a few small cherry picked areas that they are using to paint rural America with a broad brush. This is, after all, the CDC, and we know that they have become a propaganda wing of the DNC in recent years.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
You are an idiot on so many levels.
First, your an idiot for thinking student loans are coming back in Jan.
Secondly, interest rates have been set at zero during the student loan pause.
So never quit proving your ignorance.
Duh, it's "you're an idiot"...idiot!

write on

Senator
Get us the raw data on that, okay? Because my bullsh*t detector is going off bigtime. What are they defining as "rural America?" My bet says it's a few small cherry picked areas that they are using to paint rural America with a broad brush. This is, after all, the CDC, and we know that they have become a propaganda wing of the DNC in recent years.
It's all a conspiracy- just like everything else is with you wingers, isn't it? :rolleyes:

write on

Senator
Maybe to You

Is New York City More Dangerous Than Rural America? - Bloomberg

If rural crime increases it's due to criminals from cities and many probably don't make it back to the cities
Now Dawg. You need to read the 'opinion' you linked to...

"This is so opposite from conventional wisdom that it’s worth teasing out why. One obvious explanation is that murder scares people a lot more than accidents do, and homicide risk is in fact highest in urban counties — just not in New York City. Another is that, as a colleague put it to me, you may be less likely to be victim of a crime in New York City, but you’re more likely to witness one. In dense urban environments you simply see a lot more of what’s going on, for good and ill. It’s also possible that the issue is not so much urban versus rural as it is who lives where. An affluent rural or exurban county where lots of people can work from home might be lower risk than a poorer urban one where most can’t. Rural counties in Appalachia or the Deep South might have very different profiles from those in New England or the Plains states.

A look at 2020 selected-external-causes mortality by state offers some support for the latter interpretation. The Northeast is the safest part of the country, but some heavily rural states (Mississippi, Arkansas) are a lot more dangerous than others (Vermont, Iowa)."

And like I said, you can gather all the rural crime per capita and you'll get the same results as what you see on the daily scare- aka dirty laundry.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Now Dawg. You need to read the 'opinion' you linked to...

"This is so opposite from conventional wisdom that it’s worth teasing out why. One obvious explanation is that murder scares people a lot more than accidents do, and homicide risk is in fact highest in urban counties — just not in New York City. Another is that, as a colleague put it to me, you may be less likely to be victim of a crime in New York City, but you’re more likely to witness one. In dense urban environments you simply see a lot more of what’s going on, for good and ill. It’s also possible that the issue is not so much urban versus rural as it is who lives where. An affluent rural or exurban county where lots of people can work from home might be lower risk than a poorer urban one where most can’t. Rural counties in Appalachia or the Deep South might have very different profiles from those in New England or the Plains states.

A look at 2020 selected-external-causes mortality by state offers some support for the latter interpretation. The Northeast is the safest part of the country, but some heavily rural states (Mississippi, Arkansas) are a lot more dangerous than others (Vermont, Iowa)."

And like I said, you can gather all the rural crime per capita and you'll get the same results as what you see on the daily scare- aka dirty laundry.
Opinions are like [Unwelcome language removed]
Everyone has one

The hard truth is rural, urban or city, the more blacks the more crime and you posted two states of that

Crime in MY rural area is almost non-existent (for now) and practically Every home have Guns (maybe that's why) these law abiding rural folks will shoot a damn criminal and criminals know that

write on

Senator
Everyone has one

The hard truth is rural, urban or city, the more blacks the more crime and you posted two states of that

Crime in MY rural area is almost non-existent (for now) and practically Every home have Guns (maybe that's why) these law abiding rural folks will shoot a damn criminal and criminals know that
How many rural areas are there compared to cities?

A classic example of 'rural' ignorance is the maps used when showing the vote all across America. When you first look at it, you think to yourself, damn! Republicans rule the country.

....that is until you pinch the numbers.

write on

Senator
Everyone has one

Here is what your opinion piece states just after the headline;

'Rising homicide rates don’t tell the whole story. When you dig deeper into data on deaths, you'll find the more urban your surroundings, the less danger you face.'

write on

Senator
Crime in America and yes the city criminals are coming to many rural areas, not mine yet
Always an excuse eh, Dawg.

Have you watched any of those crime shows that I mentioned above? Just from the accents of the stars of said shows, you can tell that they didn't come from cities.

lol

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Always an excuse eh, Dawg.

Have you watched any of those crime shows that I mentioned above? Just from the accents of the stars of said shows, you can tell that they didn't come from cities.

lol
"accents"........my gawd almighty, you think everyone was born in the city........:)

write on

Senator
Negative

Majority have always loved my southern accent, especially when I lived in California
If you can't find you sense of humor, you should look into buying one.

But seriously. You can be sure that those featured on First 48, etc. were not born in a city. But they're still criminal.

Hmm