• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Crime in America

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
It's all a conspiracy- just like everything else is with you wingers, isn't it? :rolleyes:
Why is it you can't get at the actual data? It is very likely that they cherry picked a few "rural" towns that experienced a spike in crime and are extrapolating it to be "representative" of rural America. Let me know when you have the actual data, okay? Until then, I think we should file this little report of yours under "lefty bullsh*t."

write on

Senator
Why is it you can't get at the actual data? It is very likely that they cherry picked a few "rural" towns that experienced a spike in crime and are extrapolating it to be "representative" of rural America. Let me know when you have the actual data, okay? Until then, I think we should file this little report of yours under "lefty bullsh*t."
Why don't you question the right leaning WSJ where they got their data.

Raoul_Luke

Because they aren't on here running their mouths about it. Do you have any other sources that corroborate their premise that rural America is reverting to the wild west?

Raoul_Luke

Confirming widespread perceptions, the nation’s largest crime survey finds that violent crime in urban areas rose dramatically from 2020 to 2021. The Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), the statistical arm of the Department of Justice, recently released findings from the 2021 National Crime Victimization Survey. According to the NCVS, which dates to the Nixon administration, the rate of violent crime rose only in urban areas. It did not change to a statistically significant degree in suburban or rural areas.

).

Oops!

write on

Senator
Because they aren't on here running their mouths about it. Do you have any other sources that corroborate their premise that rural America is reverting to the wild west?
Why would they be here? :rolleyes:

I'm just pointing out the right wing bs about the crime rate in America, with help from the WSJ.

write on

Senator
Confirming widespread perceptions, the nation’s largest crime survey finds that violent crime in urban areas rose dramatically from 2020 to 2021. The Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), the statistical arm of the Department of Justice, recently released findings from the 2021 National Crime Victimization Survey. According to the NCVS, which dates to the Nixon administration, the rate of violent crime rose only in urban areas. It did not change to a statistically significant degree in suburban or rural areas.

).

Oops!
Again, I'm just pointing out the hype Republicans use when it comes to crime thinking that is their go to when it comes election time.

And I have to admit, it does work on the ignorant.

There's one thing you can't deny. Rural crime rate is on the rise.

Round and round we go...

Raoul_Luke

Again, I'm just pointing out the hype Republicans use when it comes to crime thinking that is their go to when it comes election time.

And I have to admit, it does work on the ignorant.

There's one thing you can't deny. Rural crime rate is on the rise.

Round and round we go...
To a "not statistically significant" extent. It appears there is a bit of a cottage industry built around proving the cities are safer than the rural areas. They include auto accidents, suicides and ODs to make that case. But when it comes to your chances of being a victim of a violent crime, nobody does it better that the big blue cities...

write on

Senator
To a "not statistically significant" extent. It appears there is a bit of a cottage industry built around proving the cities are safer than the rural areas. They include auto accidents, suicides and ODs to make that case. But when it comes to your chances of being a victim of a violent crime, nobody does it better that the big blue cities...
It's all hype by the media in the name of capitalism.

Dirty Laundry does it every time...

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
Living in a rural town (5,000) and the closest "metro" area (75,000) being 70 miles away, I can tell you that crime is nearly non-existent, major crime zero. Potential criminals understand nearly every home has multiple, loaded firearms and people around here aren't afraid to use them.

But, I guess we have to take the WSJ's word for it...as they didn't provide any of the CDC's data...let alone from a law enforcement agency, except the two towns they reported on. I'd like to see the numbers per 100,000 versus a 25% increase. Strange how they like to use actual numbers when they want a report to show one thing, but only percentages when they want to show another.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Especially Lightfoot town

'PANDEMIC OF VIOLENCE': Lightfoot's record on crime at the forefront of Chicago mayoral election (msn.com)

No jabs for this one