• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Cruz

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Staffing up in Iowa. Interesting. Didn't think he'd run. Maybe the folks he's hiring figure they can easily find other work if he doesn't run.

http://blog.chron.com/texaspolitics/2015/03/looking-at-2016-cruz-hires-prominent-iowa-social-conservative/?cmpid=txmhcat
I wonder if Cruz is settling in for the "long run", not of the 2016 race, but of the 2020 or 2024 contest. '24 would be perfect for him in many ways, assuming a two termer elected next year. That would be the end of his second term as Senator and he'd be 52.

Publicity...and keeping one's name in the news...

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Cruz is actually sitting in a pretty good spot now. He's raising plenty of cash. Trump and Carson are going at each other. JEB and Rubio are going going at each other. Trump and JEB are going at each other. Cruz is running in the middle of the pack at Daytona waiting for the cars up front to have "the big one".

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Cruz raised $20M in the 4th Quarter. Wonder how well JEB and Rubio did? Carson raised $23M but is not polling any higher than 4th in any early state. Makes me think most of his haul came in October.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Rough stretch of states for Cruz coming up in the next 2 weeks. Looks like Louisiana and Mississippi are his best hope. Not sure what kinda chance he has in KY,Missouri or NC.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be damn. Good day for Cruz. Besides his 2 wins,he came very close in Louisiana and Kentucky.

Tuesday, March 8:
Hawaii Republican caucuses
Idaho (Republicans only)
Michigan
Mississippi

He needs a win or 2 next Tuesday too.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Not a great day for Cruz yesterday, but way better than the one Rube and Kasich had. He didn't do well enough to keep pace with or gain ground on Trump though. Rube and Kasich aren't dropping out. Be interesting to see where Cruz spends most of his time and money the next 6 days. NC and Missouri maybe?

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Staffing up in Iowa. Interesting. Didn't think he'd run. Maybe the folks he's hiring figure they can easily find other work if he doesn't run.

http://blog.chron.com/texaspolitics/2015/03/looking-at-2016-cruz-hires-prominent-iowa-social-conservative/?cmpid=txmhcat
I could live with Hillary, Kasich, or Rubio as president. I guess I would accept Bernie or Trump although both would bring yuge problems. But Cruz is the absolute worst. You talk about divided America. This guy is way worse than anything Trump would be. Trump is in the middle and behind the bully mentality he would actually get along with everyone. People that watched him on tv know the get along part. The people that have only heard about him and see him on the campaign trail (rightfully) think he is crazy. But he is so in the middle on every issue that he would win over most. In fact he would probably change his position to what the American people want in every instance.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Anyway you slice it,tomorrow is not gonna be a good day for Cruz. He wanted Trump one-on-one. He may get that after tomorrow,but he will be so far behind that he won't be able to win it outright with the states remaining.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Whoa! I had heard there was some kind of ad CruzPAC ran in UT about Mrs. Trump but hadn't seen it. That's all I've got. I'm speechless.

http://news.yahoo.com/cruz-ad-slut-shames-trumps-wife-160059332.html
Cruz claims the ad was not from him.... but Trump gave him a warning.

Though Trump's foes are lambasting his provocative style in TV ads, Tuesday night's win won't do anything to convince the front-runner he needs to change his tone. As the results trickled in, Trump was in the midst of a Twitter battle with Cruz. He threatened: "Lyin' Ted Cruz just used a picture of Melania from a G.Q. shoot in his ad. Be careful, Lyin' Ted, or I will spill the beans on your wife!" :eek:

Cruz responded on by saying that the ad was not from him and if he went after his wife, then Trump is a "coward."
"Pic of your wife not from us. Donald, if you try to attack Heidi, you're more of a coward than I thought. #classless," Cruz tweeted.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/primary-election-2016-takeaways/index.html

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Republicans only have 16 states left to vote and 2 of them are NY and NJ. That means there are only 14 states left for Cruz and I doubt he wins all 14 of them. Trump is leading all polls in PA too. Most of the 16 GOP states left are closed primaries. Some are caucuses. A few are proportional. Most are winner-take-all, with 2nd place being able to pick up a few delegates by district like Trump did in WI. No way Cruz makes it to 1237 or even finishes with a delegate lead. A contested convention is his only hope.

Jen

Senator
I could live with Hillary, Kasich, or Rubio as president. I guess I would accept Bernie or Trump although both would bring yuge problems.
How big of you..........or should I say YUGE?

Cruz might have a chance in the future unless he does some stupid things now and he is well on the way into doing stupid things.