• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Damn. Colin Powell dies of Covid

middleview

President
Supporting Member
He could have been our president.

RIP General.

Boltlady

Mayor
Being fully vaccinated, as he was didn't help much that time.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Thanks, for celebrating his death, isn't that what you right wing posters keep saying ?

You do realize that the jab can't be reversed and it is YOUR choice as to what you do and no one else cares ? Why do you hate the greatest loser so much yet still claim allegiance to him ?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
What you do not know is if he was suffering from Covid at the time of his death. My uncle said he was fully vaccinated, but passed away after testing positive. The cardiologist stated that there had been substantial damage to his heart due to covid from before he had been vaccinated and getting the shot after contracting it didn't help.

My uncle died in his home...and within a short time of having gotten his second shot.

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal

Boltlady

Mayor
What you do not know is if he was suffering from Covid at the time of his death. My uncle said he was fully vaccinated, but passed away after testing positive. The cardiologist stated that there had been substantial damage to his heart due to covid from before he had been vaccinated and getting the shot after contracting it didn't help.

My uncle died in his home...and within a short time of having gotten his second shot.
You may not have meant to but you brought up an excellent point. With all of the mandates going around there are no allowances made for people who have already had Covid. Many of them, like your uncle may have sustained physical damage that could affect the safety factor of them getting the vaccine. It might be that they should not get the vaccine or if they do perhaps a milder dose would be called for since they would already have some antibodies.

It's all just being thrown out there willy nilly with no allowances for anything.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You may not have meant to but you brought up an excellent point. With all of the mandates going around there are no allowances made for people who have already had Covid. Many of them, like your uncle may have sustained physical damage that could affect the safety factor of them getting the vaccine. It might be that they should not get the vaccine or if they do perhaps a milder dose would be called for since they would already have some antibodies.

It's all just being thrown out there willy nilly with no allowances for anything.
It is a fact that we are still learning about the disease. It is also a fact that we are being subjected to a lot of misinformation. I'll trust researchers and medical professionals before I'll base my medical decisions on bloggers and religious leaders.

The vaccine didn't help or hurt either my uncle or Powells, in my opinion. I am basing that on my cardiologist's comments. I've had a heart attack and he warned my that covid poses and extra risk for me. He told me he has lost a number of patients with covid as a contributor and none of those were vaccinated prior to their fatal heart attacks.

Covid and treatments should not be a political issue.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

how would anyone know.....given its sudden onset and learning as we go?

Bugsy McGurk

President
I’m sure the cancer didn’t help:

“A source familiar with the matter said Powell had multiple myeloma, a cancer of plasma cells that suppresses the body's immune response. Even if fully vaccinated against Covid-19, those who are immunocompromised are at greater risk from the virus.”

Try to contain your glee.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I’m sure the cancer didn’t help:

“A source familiar with the matter said Powell had multiple myeloma, a cancer of plasma cells that suppresses the body's immune response. Even if fully vaccinated against Covid-19, those who are immunocompromised are at greater risk from the virus.”

Try to contain your glee.
She expressed NO glee - unlike a couple of leftists in this forum who invariably insert, “HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” In their COVID death review posts. Of course, Bugsy is nowhere to be found in those MANY posts which do directly express glee, mirth, levity, and joy at death.

That’s because the sum totality of Bugsy is nothing other than (D). Not family, not faith, not community, not kindness, not love, not generosity or decency.

Just (D).

RickWA

Snagglesooth
RIP Colin Powell. I didn’t realize he was 84. Years fly by.

Bugsy McGurk

President
She expressed NO glee - unlike a couple of leftists in this forum who invariably insert, “HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” In their COVID death review posts. Of course, Bugsy is nowhere to be found in those MANY posts which do directly express glee, mirth, levity, and joy at death.

That’s because the sum totality of Bugsy is nothing other than (D). Not family, not faith, not community, not kindness, not love, not generosity or decency.

Just (D).
The Most Boring Man in the World checks in to induce tedium and sleepiness with his repetitive drivel.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
This one hurts. I had an enormous respect for Colin Powell and he was the ONLY person that could have run as a Republican that I would have voted for. I often say that REPUBLICANS are SCUM. Colin Powell was one of the rare exceptions.

He was a great American. The world is a lot poorer this morning.

Edit: From looking at the right wing media this morning they are using him in death just like they used him in life. They used his credibility to sell lies about WMD in Iraq destroying it in the process. Now they are using his death to make it look like it is a common thing for vaccinated people to die from COVID.

Last edited:

Boltlady

Mayor
how would anyone know.....given its sudden onset and learning as we go?
That would be a case where it would be better if doctors made the decisions instead of politicians. Even though all previous cases would not necessarily have come before a doctor, many of them would have. That would really apply to those who had a severe enough case to have lasting weaknesses from it. OTH they could have enough antibodies to not need a vaccine at all.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
That would be a case where it would be better if doctors made the decisions instead of politicians. Even though all previous cases would not necessarily have come before a doctor, many of them would have. That would really apply to those who had a severe enough case to have lasting weaknesses from it. OTH they could have enough antibodies to not need a vaccine at all.
you dont think his doctor made the decision along with him?

Boltlady

Mayor
you dont think his doctor made the decision along with him?
Probably. There are differences among the various cases and the docs are not always going to be right. They would tend to have a better track record than the politicians who seem to think that 'one size fits all'.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

I say, let's listen to the scientists and MDs who know more than high school grads.