• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

David Axelrod

write on

Senator
Yep.

Biden is likely next.

It's all good.
Biden is less than 2 yrs. into his presidency, so it's too early to say as whether he needs to be primaried. I can wait and see if he gets an earful of why he's f'ng up.

Now Democrats in Congress are a different story.

TBLee

Governor
Biden is less than 2 yrs. into his presidency, so it's too early to say as whether he needs to be primaried. I can wait and see if he gets an earful of why he's f'ng up.

Now Congress is a different story.
How do you believe our leader is doing
Are we headed in a good direction?

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
I am one of those that would answer yes.

I also freely admit the MAGAsphere holds no sway over me which likely accounts for my answer.

Last edited:

Zam-Zam

Senator
Hopefully Neither are on ballot in 2024
Democrats had this problem in 1980 - They had a sitting incumbent President that they knew was not going to win re-election. They dusted off Ted Kennedy to challenge Carter for the nomination, but Teddy had baggage of his own, and he wasn't able to pull it off. Carter won the nomination, and then, as expected, got crushed in the general election.

This is starting to feel like that.

write on

Senator
I believe he needs to listen to the progressives in the party and quit, as I said somewhere on PJ, thinking there is any bipartisanship left between the two parties. It's time to take off the gloves.

Of course we aren't heading in the right direction, but as I said above, I'm willing to give him another 2 years before making my decision. As you should know, Democrats are always the party that puts the economy back on track after the greed and tax breaks Republicans give those responsible for derailing said economy.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I believe he needs to listen to the progressives in the party and quit, as I said somewhere on PJ, thinking there is any bipartisanship left between the two parties. It's time to take off the gloves.

Of course we aren't heading in the right direction, but as I said above, I'm willing to give him another 2 years before making my decision. As you should know, Democrats are always the party that puts the economy back on track after the greed and tax breaks Republicans give those responsible for putting the economy back on track.
Yet you remain in a republican controlled state

:)

TBLee

Governor
I am one of those that would answer yes.

I also freely admit the MAGAsphere holds no sway on me which likely accounts for my answer.
How so? I am listening. What is our current President doing that is leading us all in a good direction

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Democrats had this problem in 1980 - They had a sitting incumbent President that they knew was not going to win re-election. They dusted off Ted Kennedy to challenge Carter for the nomination, but Teddy had baggage of his own, and he wasn't able to pull it off. Carter won the nomination, and then, as expected, got crushed in the general election.

This is starting to feel like that.
and Carter was a better President than Biden is

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member

Of course we aren't heading in the right direction, but as I said above, I'm willing to give him another 2 years before making my decision. As you should know, Democrats are always the party that puts the economy back on track after the greed and tax breaks Republicans give those responsible for derailing said economy.
Personally, at least in my persona on this site which is closest to my true persona, I am more a Democrat who leans progressive than a progressive who leans Democrat, and I am naturally cautious which means I am conservative to some degree.

That said, I don't have a problem with progressives or even conservatives per se, but I admit to holding contempt for Trumpers.

Last edited:

write on

Senator
Personally, at least in my persona on this site which is closest to my true persona, I am a more a Democrat who leans progressive than a progressive who leans Democrat, and I am naturally cautious which means I am conservative to a degree.

That said, I don't have a problem with progressives or even conservatives per se, but I admit to holding contempt for Trumpers.
A lot of people here think that I'm a hardcore liberal but I've described myself as a blue blooded liberal.

That being said, I am cognizant of the fact of what Republicans are attempting to do after the election(?) of Trump. The party has been taken over by fascists.

And that boils my blood.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
We already have that
We'll know officially when the results are released on July 28th I believe.

Nevertheless:
There’s been no shortage of recession predictions so far this year, with everyone from JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon to billionaire investor Carl Icahn warning of the potential for an imminent economic downturn.
But some experts have gone even further, claiming the U.S. is already in the midst of a recession; the only thing missing is the official declaration.

so you fall into the 'some experts' category above which isn't bad. I even think you are correct.