• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Dear Mr. Romney and other "republicans".....

I am a former Republican, former because the Republican Party has changed, if in no other way, but to appear or actually be delusional about themselves and the result of the last 30 years of Presidential terms, dominated 20-12 by Republican Presidents and culminating in 2008 with the worst financial crisis in this nation since the Great Depression.

If you are to hold President Obama responsible for the state of the nation, how is it possible to totally ignore and pretend that Americans are either ignorant or have such short memories they cannot remember what party was represented by the office of president just over 3 years ago? The policies and attitudes you speak of have not changed from those that resulted in the economic failure of this nation, not because of too much government, but because free enterprise didn’t give a damn about the nation, but about their bottom lines and yet you ignore that and act as if we need more freedom for people like the Bernie Madoffs of the world to rip even more people off without the government or anyone else saying it’s wrong or unacceptable. I certainly do not WANT more regulations, I prefer that Americans act fairly, justly and socially responsibly themselves and voluntarily toward one another, but in my mind and the mind of fellow former Republicans, what we have seen is the result of anti-social selfish greed and gluttony and people who want to do more of the same and even more and to hell with the overall health of the nation as long as a few get very wealthy and powerful at the expense of those that help them get to there, by taking them for every dollar they have and then suggesting those at the bottom get paid too much even as they demand more for themselves and whine about contributing to the fiscal health of the nation. What we have seen is akin to people who act like children acting irresponsibly when their parents are out of town for the weekend and left them to be responsible. The parents came home to a mess and grounded the kids, now the kids are whining the parents are unfair and too regulatory and they should be able to do what they want, including burn down their parents house or the neighborhood if they like and they "profit" from the freedom to do so emotionally or monetarily, screw the parents or anyone else.

Mr. Romney, if we have to have a “republican” president, I would prefer you ove all the others, but to be honest, I don’t like your attitude with regard to this nation, where we have been and where we are going, especially your ignoring or your delusion about what party’s representative was in the White House when this greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression hit the nation. To refuse to acknowledge that only offers to suggest that you may know that many people recognized it, even if you may not want to think about how many people still remember it. By not acknowledging it, talking about it, confronting it and going to such extents to attack those trying to turn that mess around, you don’t do yourself any service because I’m afraid a lot more people than you may even imagine DO remember and your speaking of Mr. Obama as being responsible for the state of the nation only emphasizes the contrast and your avoidance and refusal to discuss the 8 years leading up to Mr. Obama’s presidency and what he was handed from a Republican president.

Based on such an avoidance and refusal to acknowledge the faults and failings of an 8 year Republican presidency does you a disservice and offers the example that you perhaps hope people have or will forget what that 8 year Republican presidency handed both Mr. Obama and the American people.

I may very well be surprised, but then again you may be or perhaps may not be with regard to how many people remember the name, the poliies and the attitude of the political party that was represented in the White House for 8 years and the state that representative left the nation in and to the person you attack as if they were in the White House since 2001 instead of since 2009and ignore who WAS in the White House and the state they left the nation in when they the person in the White House you attack took over.

My personal opinion? A lot more people remember than you and the "republican" Party want to admit to and your refusal to discuss the state of the nation left by the last "republican" president as if it did not happen has only emphasized the delusion or the attempts to deceive Americans or a refusal of the "republican" Party to confront its failings. To many that refusal to face up to one's own failings adds to the notion of how out of touch, how delusional or arrogant and vain "republican" candidates continue to be.

Sincerely yours,
One of the people who are looking for some humility, introspection and a return of the Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, Dwight Eisenhower and Rockefeller versions of Republicanism. Not perfect for sure, but more about "giving back" to the nation and the people that they were a part of and who in some cases afforded their families great fortune.

Many are tired of hearing politicians talk about how great they are, how to put the nation first, how terrible others are, only to have them act like greedy, anti-social self and special interested gluttons like all the ones before them. People don't want to hear about how great we are when it is clear we have been and are stumbling, they don't want to hear about some vain narcissistic person tell us how great they are. What they want to hear is someone who talks to them like human beings who have fears and someone who understands, but rallies people with optimism and encourages them to join together to help one another, not pit one another against one another or slice and dice one another just before they endorse one another.

Good luck to America regardless of who comes out on top, because no matter who comes out on top, America loses if they put politics, politcal party and power ahead of the people of this nation and the nation itself. Without people helping their fellow citizens so a lot more, if not all are more healthy, rather than a very few, we're going no where, but into the history books and onto the list of empires that are no more because they got too damn big for their own britches and high on themselves to worry about checking for cracks in their character that would lead to their demise.

We need a human being, not just one more vain dude or duddess telling us how great they are and this nation is when we all know to believe that is to be delusional. One can still be optimistic, encouraging and rallying without being delusional.

Best to all, best to America
Knot

Cicero

Mayor
Blah, blah, blah . . . Obama is the Political Messiah . . . yadda, yadda, yadda . . . it's all Bush's fault . . . blip, blip, blip.

Yeah we got it. Thanks for your input.

Friday13

Governor
Great post, Knot.

...how is it possible to totally ignore and pretend that Americans are either ignorant or have such short memories they cannot remember what party was represented by the office of president just over 3 years ago? The policies and attitudes you speak of have not changed from those that resulted in the economic failure of this nation, not because of too much government, but because free enterprise didn’t give a damn about the nation...

What we have seen is akin to people who act like children acting irresponsibly when their parents are out of town for the weekend and left them to be responsible. The parents came home to a mess and grounded the kids, now the kids are whining the parents are unfair and too regulatory and they should be able to do what they want, including burn down their parents house or the neighborhood if they like and they "profit" from the freedom to do so emotionally or monetarily, screw the parents or anyone else.

What they want to hear is someone who talks to them like human beings who have fears and someone who understands, but rallies people with optimism and encourages them to join together to help one another, not pit one another against one another or slice and dice one another just before they endorse one another.

That was quite a comprehensive response Cicero. Do you feel better now?

Hi there Friday! Hope your holidays were excellent!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Romney hopes to win the presidency on 2 planks:

1. Obama-hate

2. returning to the policies of Reagan/Bush.

Cicero

Mayor
Yep I do, though winnowing through the dreck to produce an accurate synopsis did cause me a moment's pang of effort. Thanks for asking.