• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Debate advice for Joe Biden

I have to confess a slight preference for Biden over Sanders in the primaries. That said, I voted for a write in candidate in 2016, and may do so again this year.

Bidens gaffes and lapses are neither amusing nor inconsequential. They may signify some condition. Or they may not. To help good old uncle joe put his best foot forward in the upcoming Sanders debate (and potential debates with Trump), I offer the following suggestions to help steady the ship and allow voters of good conscience to make an informed judgement among the aspirants:

1. Give up alcohol for the remainder of the campaign. Trump has been sober for decades, i hear. The last thing you need Joe, is a Ted Kennedy moment.

2. Dont over rehearse. Your handlers will have all sorts of zany advice, like memorizing state capitals and obscure world leaders, as if this was an episode of "Jeopardy". It isn't.

3. Try to connect with people on a personal level, rationally, during the debate. Sanders is the manic angry man. You need to be calm, reassuring, warm . . . But not aloof and cerebral like a Vulcan Starfleet officer.

4. And of course, no name calling or threats of violence. when you lost your cool in the past, you threatened to do a beat down of trump, and some others. You've told ordinary voters - party members- they're "full of shit", "dog faced pony soldiers" and probably worse. Let it go. Be like Bill Clinton: pause, take a deep breath, then look up and smile benefecently. Dont use his "I feel your pain" line though. Go with something more sincere like "we're not going to agree on every issue. I hope I get the chance to be better informed about all Americans' points of view . . ."

5. If the subject of Hunter comes up (Sanders breaks his pledge not to go there), the best way to respond may be: "I love my son, as any parent would. In the unlikely event that he's charged with any wrongdoing . . .well, he's a grown man, and I expect him to act like one. Especially if the accusations are specious and politically motivated. He has my love now, and forever . . ."

Once the general election campaign begins, I'll publish advice for President Trump as well. Even though past evidence suggests that's a hard sell.

Good luck in the debate, Pres. Biden.

I have to confess a slight preference for Biden over Sanders in the primaries. That said, I voted for a write in candidate in 2016, and may do so again this year.

Bidens gaffes and lapses are neither amusing nor inconsequential. They may signify some condition. Or they may not. To help good old uncle joe put his best foot forward in the upcoming Sanders debate (and potential debates with Trump), I offer the following suggestions to help steady the ship and allow voters of good conscience to make an informed judgement among the aspirants:

1. Give up alcohol for the remainder of the campaign. Trump has been sober for decades, i hear. The last thing you need Joe, is a Ted Kennedy moment.

2. Dont over rehearse. Your handlers will have all sorts of zany advice, like memorizing state capitals and obscure world leaders, as if this was an episode of "Jeopardy". It isn't.

3. Try to connect with people on a personal level, rationally, during the debate. Sanders is the manic angry man. You need to be calm, reassuring, warm . . . But not aloof and cerebral like a Vulcan Starfleet officer.

4. And of course, no name calling or threats of violence. when you lost your cool in the past, you threatened to do a beat down of trump, and some others. You've told ordinary voters - party members- they're "full of shit", "dog faced pony soldiers" and probably worse. Let it go. Be like Bill Clinton: pause, take a deep breath, then look up and smile benefecently. Dont use his "I feel your pain" line though. Go with something more sincere like "we're not going to agree on every issue. I hope I get the chance to be better informed about all Americans' points of view . . ."

5. If the subject of Hunter comes up (Sanders breaks his pledge not to go there), the best way to respond may be: "I love my son, as any parent would. In the unlikely event that he's charged with any wrongdoing . . .well, he's a grown man, and I expect him to act like one. Especially if the accusations are specious and politically motivated. He has my love now, and forever . . ."

Once the general election campaign begins, I'll publish advice for President Trump as well. Even though past evidence suggests that's a hard sell.

Of course you prefer Status Quo Joe. Maybe Obama will handle that for him as well as his "comeback".

Jen

Senator

A couple of things here. First...............why even bother to vote if you are going to go the write-in route? No vote at all won't count any less than a write-in and the only person you are proving any point to with a write-in is yourself......nobody else cares. Why waste the energy?

And........ Too many rules for Biden. His mind would be overwhelmed with just one of those. Biden is clearly riddled with dementia and can't remember what he's running for and is much less able to back up whatever position he chooses at the moment. He has to resort to name calling to change the subject. I'm thinking biting the closest person might be his next resort.

The up side (for Biden at least) is that this time next year he won't even remember he ran for president or lost. The down side for Democrats is that they are running a geriatric candidate in full throes of very obvious dementia or worse...........it will leave a definite mark on their Party.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Trips over words? He didn't trip at all when he said he was running for Senate recently.

I guess you hear what you want to hear...................
Yeah, "trips"...……….'I've fallen and can't get up' =Biden

Reactions: Jen
A couple of things here. First...............why even bother to vote if you are going to go the write-in route? No vote at all won't count any less than a write-in and the only person you are proving any point to with a write-in is yourself......nobody else cares. Why waste the energy?

And........ Too many rules for Biden. His mind would be overwhelmed with just one of those. Biden is clearly riddled with dementia and can't remember what he's running for and is much less able to back up whatever position he chooses at the moment. He has to resort to name calling to change the subject. I'm thinking biting the closest person might be his next resort.

The up side (for Biden at least) is that this time next year he won't even remember he ran for president or lost. The down side for Democrats is that they are running a geriatric candidate in full throes of very obvious dementia or worse...........it will leave a definite mark on their Party.
I wrote in for marco Rubio last time. I viewed it as virtue signaling. Didn't help.

Reactions: Jen

Zam-Zam

Senator
If the biggest fault you can find in Biden is he trips over his words then it sounds like he will be a decent president.

If Trump's only fault is that you hate him, he must be a decent President.

Now, can we dispense with the non-sensical fallacies? Or do you wish to dig in?