• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Dem gov of MN gives housing to 150 illegals. 18,000 Mainers waiting for section 8

EatTheRich

President
The gov is another white-hating racist democrat. If you invade our country illegally but are non-white, then you get treated better than citizens.
Maine is ME, Minnesota is MN

Surprise, surprise, the governor you call a “white-hating racist” is actually white herself.

@FakeName is exactly right, the issue is affordable housing for all and the fight for it that only a working class united across bounds of race, citizenship, or legal status can win. If you object to finding housing for refugees, you are accepting the principle that some people should be homeless, and then it just becomes a matter of jockeying over who all fits in that category.

FakeName

Governor
FYI It is Maine, not main. Maine has a homeless problem just like most of America. Why do you believe that giving housing to asylum seekers who have only been in the State for a few months over Maine residents who have been placed on a waiting list is ok? Because the reality is...that is what you are saying. You are wanting preferential treatment for the asylum seekers over Maine residents. And don't even bother with your..."invest in affordable housing". This issue is here and now.
Fyi I am on a phone and between the tiny keyboard and autocorrect the typos abound. I am not worried about it. Sorry that you are.

I am saying Maine's homeless problem is because of lack of affordable housing NOT a few hundred unfortunate asylum seekers.

Main should fix the problem and not scapegoat asylum seekers.

We can, or should be able to, walk and chew gum at the same time.

Days

Commentator
FYI It is Maine, not main. Maine has a homeless problem just like most of America. Why do you believe that giving housing to asylum seekers who have only been in the State for a few months over Maine residents who have been placed on a waiting list is ok? Because the reality is...that is what you are saying. You are wanting preferential treatment for the asylum seekers over Maine residents. And don't even bother with your..."invest in affordable housing". This issue is here and now.
IOW, they should be added to the list... the back of the line.

say that

Days

Commentator
Fyi I am on a phone and between the tiny keyboard and autocorrect the typos abound. I am not worried about it. Sorry that you are.

I am saying Maine's homeless problem is because of lack of affordable housing NOT a few hundred unfortunate asylum seekers.

okay, but what about his point that they are being placed at the front of the line? Why do they deserve housing BEFORE the 18,000 residents that were waiting for theirs?

They can’t vote unless they become citizens.
HAHAHA. Did you really say that.??? The law SAYS they can't vote but the law also says illegals can't live or work here and yet 50 million openly do that!!

Illegals vote by the millions. You really think these dem controlled sanctuary states are gonna stop them? Why should they.? THINK

TBLee

Governor

I have no problem with helping anyone in need. I do however have a problem with the manner in which this situation has been handled by Governor Millls. She is putting the needs of asylum seekers, before those of Maine residents. Why not add the asylum seekers names to the end of the list of those seeking housing, instead of the top. Making fund available to the seekers, instead of those who patiently have waited for housing is wrong.

TBLee

Governor
Maine is ME, Minnesota is MN

Surprise, surprise, the governor you call a “white-hating racist” is actually white herself.

@FakeName is exactly right, the issue is affordable housing for all and the fight for it that only a working class united across bounds of race, citizenship, or legal status can win. If you object to finding housing for refugees, you are accepting the principle that some people should be homeless, and then it just becomes a matter of jockeying over who all fits in that category.
I am not objecting to finding housing for refugees, I am however objecting to Governor Mills decision to put the needs of refugees ahead of those of Maine residents. I believe no one should be homeless, but what you are complaining about is exactly what is happening in this particular situation. The seekers who have been in the State for a short time frame should be added to the bottom of the list for housing, not ahead of those who are already on the list. That IS putting the needs of one group ahead of the needs of another.

FakeName

Governor
okay, but what about his point that they are being placed at the front of the line? Why do they deserve housing BEFORE the 18,000 residents that were waiting for theirs?
I dont think it is the same line.

The 18,000 or so are on the list for section 8.

If the asylum seekers were to sign up for section 8 they would be put on the bottom of that list.

FakeName

Governor
NO - they are not here illegally since their claim they fear for their life back home is a lie. They are are just poor trash who want to go on welfare and live off the hated white people. THINK
You are the one lying.

The only way to verify their claims is with a hearing. They are legally entitled to that hearing. Hence they are here legally.

Days

Commentator
I dont think it is the same line.

The 18,000 or so are on the list for section 8.

If the asylum seekers were to sign up for section 8 they would be put on the bottom of that list.
okay, but then the way to frame that question becomes...

shouldn't the section 8 applicants get their housing before the asylum seekers? They were in line first.

FakeName

Governor
okay, but then the way to frame that question becomes...

shouldn't the section 8 applicants get their housing before the asylum seekers? They were in line first.
The assylum seekers are not in that line. If they were they woulf be put at the bottom.

From the article:

Brennan said the waiting lists, and housing for asylum seekers, are two separate issues.

"The asylum seekers are a very unique situation in which it's a temporary situation for them, it's not permanent housing. They're not getting a housing opportunity that someone on the waiting list would be afforded," Brennan explained.

Brennan said if the asylum seekers eventually need permanent housing help, they'll be on waiting lists like everyone else "

Days

Commentator
The assylum seekers are not in that line. If they were they woulf be put at the bottom.

From the article:

Brennan said the waiting lists, and housing for asylum seekers, are two separate issues.

"The asylum seekers are a very unique situation in which it's a temporary situation for them, it's not permanent housing. They're not getting a housing opportunity that someone on the waiting list would be afforded," Brennan explained.

Brennan said if the asylum seekers eventually need permanent housing help, they'll be on waiting lists like everyone else "
fair enough

one is getting temporary housing while the other is waiting for permanent housing.\\

apples and oranges

RickWA

Snagglesooth
fair enough

one is getting temporary housing while the other is waiting for permanent housing.\\

apples and oranges
Except the story cites a lady living in a tool shed while she is on the wait list. I’m sure she’d be DELIGHTED with even a short term solution while she waits. Don’t let these guys turn this stuff on it’s head. They are parsing like heck to fit the required narrative and leveraging pretzel-logic.

FakeName

Governor
Except the story cites a lady living in a tool shed while she is on the wait list. I’m sure she’d be DELIGHTED with even a short term solution while she waits. Don’t let these guys turn this stuff on it’s head. They are parsing like heck to fit the required narrative and leveraging pretzel-logic.
It is not pretzel logic to say that Maine should deal with its its serious affordable housing problem instead of pitting one group of unfortunate people against another and scapegoating a couple of hundred asylum seekers for Maine's housing problems.