• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Democrats' 2024 presidential process healthier than GOP

lyndon-johnson-lifts-dog-by-ears.jpg

LBJ jovially frolics with one of his several presidential dogs in a photo op,
just before announcing he would not seek re-election.​

Criticize Biden's “Asleep at the Wheel” administration as much as you want. What matters is that the party is clearly and deliberately moving along, and lining up 2024 alternatives. The GOP? Not so much, once you get beyond DeSantis, who is positioning himself as “Trump Lite”.

In an article by Politico, at least 3 sitting democrat governors are outed as Biden's challengers, for obvious tactics such as creating superpacs and non profits, and engaging agencies for TV campaigns. That “tip of the spear” is Gavin Newson, New Jersey's Phil Murphy, and Pritzker from Illinois. Governors with less overt efforts to muscle in include Michigan's Whitmer, North Carolina's Cooper, Colorado's Polis.

Whew - we're up to 6 already. But we're not done yet.

Stacey Abrams, who still regards herself as having won a “stolen” Georgia gubernatorial election, is of course in the mix. Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren, if you want a woman, but not a bat shit crazy one. That means you'd have to bypass Kamala Harris too, who is already rallying white house aides to her side. Connecticut has an ambitious senator also called “Murphy”, which could cause confusion during a primary debate against the NJ governor. Cory Booker if one Jersey guy isn't enough.. Amy Klobuchar again. And Pete Buttigieg, who everyone admits has much higher IQ than Kamala Harris but will attract zero black or latino/a/x voters.

And of course, Biden is adamant that he's running again. And to emphasize the point, he's promising to wipe out all student debt, and eliminate the federal gasoline tax too, He clearly wants to address America's most serious problems (sarcasm alert).

I assure everyone that I'm not making fun of these developments. In 2020, having a wide field of contenders challenge an unpopular sitting president who suffers from policy disorientation would have been a good idea. It might have prevented Biden from wandering into the oval office.

The official 2024 presidential campaign probably won't start until the morning of Wednesday November 9th, 2022. The day after the mid-terms. I renew my previous prediction that Biden will be persuaded to “resign due to health reasons”, in order to elevate Kamala Harris's prospects. That's how an attempt to manage succession by back office political professionals could manifest itself. Remember LBJ announcing he would not run again in 1968? That was SUPPOSED to clear the path for Robert F. Kennedy, and a restoration of Camelot. Instead, RFK was assassinated by a middle east terrorist funded by unknown foreign powers. The assassination resulted in Hubert Humphrey getting the nomination in a landslide, and then losing the general election in a landslide to Nixon.

This is not a rationale for preventing Biden from “resigning”. It's not a prediction that anyone will become the target of an assassination. It's historical observation that attempts to interfere with actual voter preferences and processes can have bizarre and unfortunate consequences.

For the record, among the above named potential Democrat candidates, I'm not endorsing anyone. Before I do, I'd like to hear specific policy ideas on inflation, interest rates, Ukraine and Taiwan, supply chain, and energy security, education reform. You know . . the boring stuff that was never seriously discussed in 2020. You too DeSantis and Abbot. Let's stop the bible thumping and immigrant arrest photo ops. Those aren't my issues.

God of War

Governor
View attachment 70949

Criticize Biden's “Asleep at the Wheel” administration as much as you want. What matters is that the party is clearly and deliberately moving along, and lining up 2024 alternatives. The GOP? Not so much, once you get beyond DeSantis, who is positioning himself as “Trump Lite”.

In an article by Politico, at least 3 sitting democrat governors are outed as Biden's challengers, for obvious tactics such as creating superpacs and non profits, and engaging agencies for TV campaigns. That “tip of the spear” is Gavin Newson, New Jersey's Phil Murphy, and Pritzker from Illinois. Governors with less overt efforts to muscle in include Michigan's Whitmer, North Carolina's Cooper, Colorado's Polis.

Stacey Abrams, who still regards herself as having won a “stolen” Georgia gubernatorial election, is of course in the mix. Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren, if you want a woman, but not a bat shit crazy one. That means you'd have to bypass Kamala Harris too, who is already rallying white house aides to her side. Connecticut has an ambitious senator also called “Murphy”, which could cause confusion during a primary debate against the NJ governor. Cory Booker if one Jersey guy isn't enough.. Amy Klobuchar again. And Pete Buttigieg, who everyone admits has much higher IQ than Kamala Harris but will attract zero black or latino/a/x voters.

And of course, Biden is adamant that he's running again. And to emphasize the point, he's promising to wipe out all student debt, and eliminate the federal gasoline tax too, He clearly wants to address America's most serious problems (sarcasm alert).

I assure everyone that I'm not making fun of these developments. In 2020, having a wide field of contenders challenge an unpopular sitting president who suffers from policy disorientation would have been a good idea. It might have prevented Biden from wandering into the oval office.

The official 2024 presidential campaign probably won't start until the morning of Wednesday November 9th, 2022. The day after the mid-terms. I renew my previous prediction that Biden will be persuaded to “resign due to health reasons”, in order to elevate Kamala Harris's prospects. That's how an attempt to manage succession by back office political professionals could manifest itself. Remember LBJ announcing he would not run again in 1968? That was SUPPOSED to clear the path for Robert F. Kennedy, and a restoration of Camelot. Instead, RFK was assassinated by a middle east terrorist funded by unknown foreign powers. The assassination resulted in Hubert Humphrey getting the nomination in a landslide, and then losing the general election in a landslide to Nixon.

This is not a rationale for preventing Biden from “resigning”. It's not a prediction that anyone will become the target of an assassination. It's historical observation that attempts to interfere with actual voter preferences and processes can have bizarre and unfortunate consequences.

For the record, among the above named potential Democrat candidates, I'm not endorsing anyone. Before I do, I'd like to hear specific policy ideas on inflation, interest rates, Ukraine and Taiwan, supply chain, and energy security, education reform. You know . . the boring stuff that was never seriously discussed in 2020. You too DeSantis and Abbot. Let's stop the bible thumping and immigrant arrest photo ops. Those aren't my issues.
You re-hash a bunch of names that washed out long ago. They were seen ... are seen... and they can't really re-image themselves with today's voters longer memory thanks to the internet.

Your anti-Trump digs have been kinda noticed twice now. Fine, but it doesn't sell. Policy 'disorientation'? No, more like full frontal leftist assault on since before the taking of the presidency. The whole system is broke with leftist infiltration to every corner of government in DC. The place needs a flame thrower and that's so far Trump. Come a better man with the agenda and he'll get the populist conservative vote.

You re-hash a bunch of names that washed out long ago. They were seen ... are seen... and they can't really re-image themselves with today's voters longer memory thanks to the internet.

Your anti-Trump digs have been kinda noticed twice now. Fine, but it doesn't sell. Policy 'disorientation'? No, more like full frontal leftist assault on since before the taking of the presidency. The whole system is broke with leftist infiltration to every corner of government in DC. The place needs a flame thrower and that's so far Trump. Come a better man with the agenda and he'll get the populist conservative vote.

I'm not rehashing anything. Im responding to a smug op ed on Politico that undermines trump without a scintilla of policy discussion or analysis of contender electability. I felt it was my obligation to address some missing pieces from their piece.

I totally get it that Washington is 80-90% corrupt. That's why im not a member of either party. I deplore massive federal debt, make- believe walls without borders when we didn't even make the slightest effort to round up and deport foreign drug gangs running amuck.

The function of the federal government is national security, a stable currency, low inflation, good public schools, and the consent of the governed. Please explain if you saw this happen at any time over the past 3 administrations. I evidently missed it.

God of War

Governor
I'm not rehashing anything. Im responding to a smug op ed on Politico that undermines trump without a scintilla of policy discussion or analysis of contender electability. I felt it was my obligation to address some missing pieces from their piece.

I totally get it that Washington is 80-90% corrupt. That's why im not a member of either party. I deplore massive federal debt, make- believe walls without borders when we didn't even make the slightest effort to round up and deport foreign drug gangs running amuck.

The function of the federal government is national security, a stable currency, low inflation, good public schools, and the consent of the governed. Please explain if you saw this happen at any time over the past 3 administrations. I evidently missed it.
Trump seemed to be on the flight path you've laid out. Except he did it handicapped with the rabid Dem conspiracy theory monkey on his back and a pandemic tossed in for good measure. National security? Check. Stable currency? Check. Low Inflation? Check. Good schools? Funded HBC's. And had my consent.

If his first 4 years hadn't been screwed by the Dems he'd of gotten four more and sealed the deal. Riding off into the sunset almost as gallantly as RR.

Trump seemed to be on the flight path you've laid out. Except he did it handicapped with the rabid Dem conspiracy theory monkey on his back and a pandemic tossed in for good measure. National security? Check. Stable currency? Check. Low Inflation? Check. Good schools? Funded HBC's. And had my consent.

If his first 4 years hadn't been screwed by the Dems he'd of gotten four more and sealed the deal. Riding off into the sunset almost as gallantly as RR.
If Trump had kept pulling on the thread called "Russian Collusion Narrative is a partisan lie", he'd have fared far better. The Biden era GOP's misjudgment is to equate the failings of the Russian Collusion/Steele dossier "conspiracy hearings" with a rationale for public rejection of the January 6th hearings because of democrats' ongoing credibility problems.

The January 6th hearings don't lack credibility. What they do lack is a smoking gun in Trump's hands. As such, they simply political theater. If someone wanted to actually indict and charge Trump with a crime, there is ample evidence on Georgia to do this. The problem is, political theater gets better TV ratings than announcing that a trial is scheduled for 2023 based on a couple of Georgia phone calls and emails.

Rioters breach capitol! Film at 11 !!!! If only some of the January 6th marchers had been ilmed discharging firearms, or committing arson, as leftists were on Trump inauguration day. THAT would have convinced people with short attention spans that "some sort attempt to usurp democracy" was taking place, no?

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

That an accurate assessment by ASOT. I like the idea of lefty running a woman, cuz if 82 million voted for Pres. Biden and 62 million voted for Hilrod (Her wrestling name) it means that 25 PERCENT OF LEFTY WON'T VOTE FOR A WOMAN. I am sure that in 2024 people will want:

2.00 gas
lower inflation
lower interest rates
lower crime rates.

And like Trump or not he is the one to get it done.

write on

Senator
View attachment 70949

There needs to be a rollover.

I'm pushing 60 and would like to see some kind of civility before I die.

Jack4freedom

Governor
If Trump had kept pulling on the thread called "Russian Collusion Narrative is a partisan lie", he'd have fared far better. The Biden era GOP's misjudgment is to equate the failings of the Russian Collusion/Steele dossier "conspiracy hearings" with a rationale for public rejection of the January 6th hearings because of democrats' ongoing credibility problems.

The January 6th hearings don't lack credibility. What they do lack is a smoking gun in Trump's hands. As such, they simply political theater. If someone wanted to actually indict and charge Trump with a crime, there is ample evidence on Georgia to do this. The problem is, political theater gets better TV ratings than announcing that a trial is scheduled for 2023 based on a couple of Georgia phone calls and emails.

Rioters breach capitol! Film at 11 !!!! If only some of the January 6th marchers had been ilmed discharging firearms, or committing arson, as leftists were on Trump inauguration day. THAT would have convinced people with short attention spans that "some sort attempt to usurp democracy" was taking place, no?
Since Trump’s hand picked assistant AG, Rosenstein appointed a lifelong Republican, Robert Mueller to investigate “Russian Collusion”, nobody with half a brain could be seriously convinced that the whole investigation was a “partisan lie”. Only hard core Trump cultists ever believed that and most still do. The Mueller report and the US Senate Intel committee clearly stated that there were dozens of shady interactions between Trump campaign officials and GRU Intel assets.

I have watched most witness testimony from the 1-6-21 committee and it certainly appears that there are several smoking guns which clearly point to illegal activity by Trump, Guiliani and others.

1) Schemes to create phony EC certificates which were not certified by state officials,

2) Pressuring state officials like Rusty Bowers to illegally call emergency hearings of the Arizona House of Representatives designed to overturn the certified vote count in that state.

3) Pressured Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensburger to “find him 11,800 votes” to overturn the state certified Georgia election.

4) Both Bowers and Raffensburger and their families were subjected to death threats, vile baseless accusations of child molesting, treason and other harassment are still occurring against both of these men who both supported Trump both times he ran.

5) The disgusting and dangerous targeting of two volunteer Georgia poll workers by Trump, Guiliani (all on video tape in living color and Dolby sound) is one of the greatest cases of abuse of power I have ever seen or heard of.

6 I suggest that you and all Americans who are concerned with the rule of law and the US Constitution watch closely the testimony given earlier this week by these two men and especially the two women who were volunteer poll workers.

Much of this is under criminal investigation in Georgia and Washington DC right now. The witness testimony and documentation is very powerful evidence that crimes have been committed. I haven’t had time to watch the testimony today yet. I would be surprised if the witness testimony today does not reveal more corruption and criminality.

Cheers

EatTheRich

President

Were you thinking plenty of the insurrectionists didn’t have rap sheets for political violence? I guess if it didn’t happen on January 6 alongside the kidnapping/murder attempts, it didn’t count. Trump’s tweet calling for a “wild” rally in Washington on January 6 coupled with the WH memo saying the Trump campaign needed “chaos” to change the election result via parliamentary chicanery amounts to a smoking gun … and that’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to evidence directly implicating Trump.

JohnJohnson

Council Member
Since Trump’s hand picked assistant AG, Rosenstein appointed a lifelong Republican, Robert Mueller to investigate “Russian Collusion”, nobody with half a brain could be seriously convinced that the whole investigation was a “partisan lie”. Only hard core Trump cultists ever believed that and most still do. The Mueller report and the US Senate Intel committee clearly stated that there were dozens of shady interactions between Trump campaign officials and GRU Intel assets.

I have watched most witness testimony from the 1-6-21 committee and it certainly appears that there are several smoking guns which clearly point to illegal activity by Trump, Guiliani and others.

1) Schemes to create phony EC certificates which were not certified by state officials,

2) Pressuring state officials like Rusty Bowers to illegally call emergency hearings of the Arizona House of Representatives designed to overturn the certified vote count in that state.

3) Pressured Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensburger to “find him 11,800 votes” to overturn the state certified Georgia election.

4) Both Bowers and Raffensburger and their families were subjected to death threats, vile baseless accusations of child molesting, treason and other harassment are still occurring against both of these men who both supported Trump both times he ran.

5) The disgusting and dangerous targeting of two volunteer Georgia poll workers by Trump, Guiliani (all on video tape in living color and Dolby sound) is one of the greatest cases of abuse of power I have ever seen or heard of.

6 I suggest that you and all Americans who are concerned with the rule of law and the US Constitution watch closely the testimony given earlier this week by these two men and especially the two women who were volunteer poll workers.

Much of this is under criminal investigation in Georgia and Washington DC right now. The witness testimony and documentation is very powerful evidence that crimes have been committed. I haven’t had time to watch the testimony today yet. I would be surprised if the witness testimony today does not reveal more corruption and criminality.

Cheers
It was a hoax and Rosenstein admitted he knew it was garbage from the beginning.

View attachment 70949

The GOP is useless, however there is absolutely nothing healthy about the Democrat party.