• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Democrats blocked the stimulus package

EatTheRich

President
I don't believe that. Not calling you a liar, I just think you are misinformed.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
You cite Colbert as a source??

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I understand trying to get some of your "stuff" into a bill but that is beyond ridiculous considering what America is now facing. THIS situation is not the time nor place for it. Despicable.
The republicans crammed their own favorite "stuff" into the Obama stimulus. It went from $800 billion in spending to a massive tax cut (1/3rd of $787b) and the rest for economic stimulus.

The bill that was passed has an amendment that no money can go to businesses controlled by the president or any member of congress....I'd say that is an improvement on the repub version.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You cite Colbert as a source??
What is your source? All you need do is refute the facts of the story. Did Kyl actually say that 98% of PP services are related to abortion? Did his office actually say that his statement wasn't intended to be factual?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
The "Political" use of the phrase "Never let a good crisis go to waste" is based upon the points made in Saul Alinsky's rules for radicals, page 89, in the section marked communication "in the arena of action, a threat or a crisis becomes almost a precondition to communication.

Made famous by Clinton Man- Rham Emanuel

The full quote from that page of "Rules for Radicals" is

It is only when the other party is concerned or feels threatened that he will
listen — in the arena of action, a threat or a crisis becomes almost a
precondition to communication.

What do you disagree with?

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
What is your source? All you need do is refute the facts of the story. Did Kyl actually say that 98% of PP services are related to abortion? Did his office actually say that his statement wasn't intended to be factual?
Colbert is an even bigger joke than you are.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
More of a parting shot as you surrender.
Here was my post.

Your reply failed to address the issue. You cannot show any evidence that Kyl did not make those comments. That he did make them is well documented.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Well. Of course they did.

No more blaming Trump.

This is ON YOU, Democrats.

There is another vote (thankfully) because of McConnell's strategy. But Democrats as a full group voted against the stimulus.

Republicans are now holding up the stimulus. Why?

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) tweeted: "Let's not over-complicate this. Several Republican Senators are holding up the bipartisan Coronavirus emergency bill because they think the bill is too good for laid off Americans."

Jack4freedom

Governor
Republicans are now holding up the stimulus. Why?

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) tweeted: "Let's not over-complicate this. Several Republican Senators are holding up the bipartisan Coronavirus emergency bill because they think the bill is too good for laid off Americans."

If too much money is allotted for working Americans who have been deeply hurt by this pandemic, there won’t be enough left to give away to tax dodging corporations and Hotel Chain owners.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
If too much money is allotted for working Americans who have been deeply hurt by this pandemic, there won’t be enough left to give away to tax dodging corporations and Hotel Chain owners.
Like the hotel you stayed at in NYC? Maybe next time bed-bugs will be there

Unemployment is paid for w/each pay check, but, $600 extra for 4 months, who's going to work when they can make more not working? I've never drawn a unemployment check due to being self-employed, yet my employees can and through experience of those on unemployment asking for a job while on unemployment if I pay them under the table barks my ass.

Remove the $600 and I have no problem, people on unemployment already make more money than when working while staying at home, no gas to buy to get to work and they don't have to prove they physically looked for work...……….

Last edited:

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Like the hotel you stayed at in NYC?

Unemployment is paid for w/each pay check, but, $600 extra for 4 months, who's going to work when they can make more not working? I've never drawn a unemployment check due to being self-employed, yet my employees can and through experience of those on unemployment asking for a job while on unemployment if I pay them under the table barks my ass.

Remove the $600 and I have no problem, people on unemployment already make more money than when working while staying at home, no gas to buy to get to work and they don't have to prove they physically looked for work...……….
Unemployment is a percentage of what you were making. It’s not possible to make more on unemployment than you made working. Derp.