• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Democrats follow the 'science' and reject common sense

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Every time I hear Democrats sermonize about following "the science," I feel as though I'm listening to members of the Flat Earth Society. Science is what the Left wants to believe to be true. It has become a way to shut off debate, not advance it. Remember: These were the fools who told us to shut down our schools for a year.

We are seeing the debasement of common sense in full bloom now on the economic front. When the latest disappointing jobs report was released with unemployment rising, the Democrats refused to acknowledge that their high welfare benefits kept workers from coming back to work. President Joe Biden made the laughable observation that he saw "no measurable evidence" that the super generous unemployment program is a deterrent to working. He needs to get out more.

My colleague Casey Mulligan of the University of Chicago and I predicted in the Wall Street Journal three months ago that the $300 per week extra unemployment benefits would mean 5 to 6 million people not going back to work because the government was paying them more not to work. The Left laughed at this prediction. Now, we see record jobs going unfilled, 8.1 million, even when there are 9 million unemployed.

Democrats follow the 'science' and reject common sense (msn.com)

This article is not for liberals as the article mentions common sense, but if the left had common sense they'd oust Biden and put in Trump, or sell their 401k portfolio before Biden crashes the market.

Common sense starts with common knowledge

Flat Earther society 1/6 Trump Terrorist reject all knowledge they don't trust which is about 90% of it.

For instance

"Democrats refused to acknowledge that their high welfare benefits kept workers from coming back to work. "

Is there any proof from a CREDIBLE SOURCE in that claim that the majority of workers aren't going back to work because of welfare?!

No, none ... the article writer just calls his claim "common sense" then rejects the common knowledge that most of the 2 trillion in stimulus hasn't been spent yet and day cares haven't started full force in the US

If it aint from church or the MAGA Lard, Savior and whore for Putin "Benedict" Donald J Trump then it aint true for to MAGA Minions.

This is the world we live in, Pizza Gators abound

UPNYA2

Mayor
Common sense starts with common knowledge

Flat Earther society 1/6 Trump Terrorist reject all knowledge they don't trust which is about 90% of it.

For instance

"Democrats refused to acknowledge that their high welfare benefits kept workers from coming back to work. "

Is there any proof from a CREDIBLE SOURCE in that claim that the majority of workers aren't going back to work because of welfare?!

No, none ... the article writer just calls his claim "common sense" then rejects the common knowledge that most of the 2 trillion in stimulus hasn't been spent yet and day cares haven't started full force in the US

If it aint from church or the MAGA Lard, Savior and whore for Putin "Benedict" Donald J Trump then it aint true for to MAGA Minions.

This is the world we live in, Pizza Gators abound
One quick observation here...

Both of the problems described in your linked to article, so many mothers not being able to work due to a lack of child care could be resolved by the mothers wanting to work to go to work in the child care field.

Unless of course mothers taking care of children is now in some way demeaning of course. I do not wish to offend anyone.

One quick observation here...

Both of the problems described in your linked to article, so many mothers not being able to work due to a lack of child care could be resolved by the mothers wanting to work to go to work in the child care field.

Unless of course mothers taking care of children is now in some way demeaning of course. I do not wish to offend anyone.
The mothers don't start the businesses and depends on their hiring, I don't see where there's data on child care facilities being understaffed like some restaurants

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Every time I hear Democrats sermonize about following "the science," I feel as though I'm listening to members of the Flat Earth Society. Science is what the Left wants to believe to be true. It has become a way to shut off debate, not advance it. Remember: These were the fools who told us to shut down our schools for a year.

We are seeing the debasement of common sense in full bloom now on the economic front. When the latest disappointing jobs report was released with unemployment rising, the Democrats refused to acknowledge that their high welfare benefits kept workers from coming back to work. President Joe Biden made the laughable observation that he saw "no measurable evidence" that the super generous unemployment program is a deterrent to working. He needs to get out more.

My colleague Casey Mulligan of the University of Chicago and I predicted in the Wall Street Journal three months ago that the $300 per week extra unemployment benefits would mean 5 to 6 million people not going back to work because the government was paying them more not to work. The Left laughed at this prediction. Now, we see record jobs going unfilled, 8.1 million, even when there are 9 million unemployed.

Democrats follow the 'science' and reject common sense (msn.com)

This article is not for liberals as the article mentions common sense, but if the left had common sense they'd oust Biden and put in Trump, or sell their 401k portfolio before Biden crashes the market.
The extra $300 did not persuade people making $7k per month to stay home. It probably did affect people making minimum wage.