• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

DeSantis Beats Greatest Loser Trump As Top Republican Presidential Candidate In 2024: Poll

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
whoops............like I said numerous times.................the shrinking, impotent cult base is failing to rise up to the occasion once again hell yeah down the toilet goes the Greatest Loser and his cult hold on the insane base

And the Dem base cheers and claps as he emerges , what a horrible candidate he will be - the flip flop ads will be running 24/7/365 - yes-no-maybe-wait until tomorrow

DeSantis earned more than 74% of the votes in the recent straw poll
Other top candidates were Sen. Ted Cruz, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and Sen. Tim Scott
Trump previously expressed interest in running for House Speaker

A recent straw poll among conservative voters found Gov. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., leading as the top candidate for the presidency in 2024, edging former President Donald Trump.

The 2024 straw poll conducted at the Western Conservative Summit and hosted by the Colorado Christian university’s Centennial Institute asked attendees to vote for potential 2024 presidential candidates they’d likely vote for. The list of possible candidates included the names of both Democrats and Republicans.

The poll showed that DeSantis, a known Trump ally, was the most popular conservative figure, scoring a 74.12% approval rate from the attendees. DeSantis became a popular Republican politician in recent months for refusing to impose lockdowns and restrictions amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Following closely behind DeSantis is Trump, who scored 71.43%. Trump had previously suggested plans to run for a congressional seat in Florida and replacing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., at her post.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., on Friday appeared to suggest that Trump told him plans to take over the role of House Speaker. “You know, I’ve talked to President Trump many times. He tells me he wants to be Speaker, and I think he should be president,” he said.

The other candidates who made the top three on the straw poll were Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, with 42.86%, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo with 39.35%. and Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., with 35.58% of the votes.

DeSantis had previously come in second to Trump at a straw poll conducted in February at the Conservative Political Action Conference. He finished first in a poll where the former president’s name was not included.

"I think he's the odds-on favorite to be the next president," Joe Gruters, a Florida state senator and chairman of the state’s Republican party said.

The poll in the Western Conservative Summit also asked attendees to mark the issues that they felt were the most important. More than 80% voted for immigration and border security, with nearly the same number of votes for election integrity.

Other pressing issues included in the poll were religious freedom, federal budget, gun rights, national defense, and energy independence.
DeSantis would be just as bad as Trump if not worse.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
he should not be claiming to be a seal.
He isn't a " navy seal" he just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and thinks because he was legal counsel he gets to be called a " navy seal" - that turd wouldn't have lasted 2 days before he was ringing the bell !

People wear medals, claim honors constantly they didn't earn and he is one of those scum buckets - how any veteran in their right mind would vote for him is beyond comprehension . I know, I know but yet they didn't see any problem with a 5 time draft dodger did they.............hey the right wing way - drop all your integrity, hold your nose and defend their actions - just throw away all your mirrors. self esteem and pride

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
He isn't a " navy seal" he just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and thinks because he was legal counsel he gets to be called a " navy seal" - that turd wouldn't have lasted 2 days before he was ringing the bell !

People wear medals, claim honors constantly they didn't earn and he is one of those scum buckets - how any veteran in their right mind would vote for him is beyond comprehension . I know, I know but yet they didn't see any problem with a 5 time draft dodger did they.............hey the right wing way - drop all your integrity, hold your nose and defend their actions - just throw away all your mirrors. self esteem and pride
He'd be in the brig if it was illegal for him to wear the seal pin
and why are you posting of Draft Dodging Joe Biden?

Stolen Valor is a serious offense

Last edited: