• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Designer-Science Morphed Into Designer-Sin

Flanders

Council Member

From what I knew about Pope Benedict I thought he was an all-around good egg. I am not saying that my original impression was wrong, but I have to say that Eggs Benedict let me down when he was the top Roman Catholic priest worldwide.

Frankly, popes should preach to the masses from the balcony —— not the United Nations:

The last thing mankind needs is designer-sin. Tried and true sins on the books for centuries are sufficient.

In recent months, Pope Benedict has made several strong appeals for the protection of the environment, saying issues such as climate change had become gravely important for the entire human race.

Under Benedict and his predecessor John Paul, the Vatican has become progressively “green”.

Sharpshooters operating the Environmental Movement invented designer-science as a scare tactic.

The Vatican came up with designer-sins. To be accurate it was Monsignor Gianfranco Girotti that announced the new sins in an interview —— not Pope Benedict. The only thing I knew about Girotti is that he would not have done the interview without the pope’s approval.

Pollution made the cut just when headway was being made against the global warming hoax. That stunned me for two reasons:

1. If polluting is a sin it must be a collective sin as much as it is a sin committed by individuals. I pray that I am not judged in the hereafter as one of a group. Judging an entire group as one person is causing enough trouble in this life without doing it in the next.

I assume pollution means more than the sin of air pollution. So I should not be sent to Hell for the sins of company executives dumping pollutants into rivers and ground water.

Even if polluting is treated as criminal activity, collective liability can get out of hand mighty fast once the government charges everyone with everything just for being alive.

2. The Environmental Movement has become the home of displaced Communists since the Soviet Union imploded. Communists are not friends of Supreme Deity religions. Roman Catholics least of all. That makes it difficult for me to understand why the Vatican would give credence to any part of the Environmental Movement.

I understand that the Vatican is trying to introduce new products, but for the Catholic Church to call some of those things sins implies that the living will be judged in the next life for committing those sins. Some of the new “sins” are clearly criminal matters if you ask me.

Morally —— drug use is no different than alcohol use. I suspect that God gives drunks a pass so long as they did not hurt others when they were under a full head of steam; so why not drugs?

Genetic manipulation is new, while selective breeding has been around for centuries. It will probably be many decades before genetic engineering is separated into acceptable practices and criminal behavior. I doubt if sin will enter into the decisions. Basically, priests usurping authority over criminal activity is just as dangerous as is politicians demanding moral authority over sin.

Regarding judgement Day: Dying and being judged by God for driving a polluting gas guzzler is hardly fair since everybody got off easy who died prior to the Vatican’s new list.

The worst thing wrong with designer-sin is that it gives perverts the opportunity to define reprehensible behavior without relinquishing their own perversion. Here is an example: The anti-tobacco movement was a gift to freakazoids. Public and private demonstrations of anger over secondhand smoke allowed every grasshopper in the country to show how moral they really are after they light up a joint of marijuana.

Adding pollution to the list of established sins will attract more depraved human beings than you can count with a super computer. Perverts do not pollute, they abuse children, they murder, they provide drugs and worse to fragile personalities, they encourage depravity, then they lead marches for every environmental cause that comes along.

Finally, ethanol is a big time designer-sin. The sinners are corn farmers and Wall Street’s absentee owners.

Ethanol is so costly that it wouldn't make it in a free market. That's why Congress has enacted major ethanol subsidies, about $1.05 to $1.38 a gallon, which is no less than a tax on consumers. In fact, there's a double tax -- one in the form of ethanol subsidies and another in the form of handouts to corn farmers to the tune of $9.5 billion in 2005 alone.