• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Did Libya and Kosova never happen?

fairsheet

Senator
Frankly, I don't feel the need to spend much time with the ODS-ers. BUT...I just listened to a snippet of a townhall in Chicago with some Dem Congressperson, in which some navel-contemplative old fart lectured said Congressperson (in the context of the Syria thing) about how he didn't want to witness ANY more kids coming home with no legs and he didn't want to go to ANY more funerals for young Americans killed in war.

So again I ask...did Libya and Kosova never happen?

NightSwimmer

Senator
I thought it was Kosovo?

But, yeah... It's possible to engage in international military actions short of invading a country and occupying it that can affect positive change -- if you don't have a cabal of neo-cons running a puppet Republican administration.

Frankly, I don't feel the need to spend much time with the ODS-ers. BUT...I just listened to a snippet of a townhall in Chicago with some Dem Congressperson, in which some navel-contemplative old fart lectured said Congressperson (in the context of the Syria thing) about how he didn't want to witness ANY more kids coming home with no legs and he didn't want to go to ANY more funerals for young Americans killed in war.

Yeah, I've been scratching my head over that one as well. Listening to people talk you'd think Syria is some sort of black hole that'll suck us into an Iraqesque quagmire. Never mind the fact that Israel bombed Syria's nuclear weapons plant / reactor several years ago and nobody said boo about it

Bunch of nervous Nellies.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I've been scratching my head over that one as well. Listening to people talk you'd think Syria is some sort of black hole that'll suck us into an Iraqesque quagmire. Never mind the fact that Israel bombed Syria's nuclear weapons plant / reactor several years ago and nobody said boo about it

Bunch of nervous Nellies.
It's like groundhog day... same caterwauling...

fairsheet

Senator
I thought it was Kosovo?

But, yeah... It's possible to engage in international military actions short of invading a country and occupying it that can affect positive change -- if you don't have a cabal of neo-cons running a puppet Republican administration.
It's sorta funny....I just listened to an avowed GOP-inclined American Kosova veteran who referred to it as Kosova. It's a political thing. The Kosovars referred to Kosova as Kosova (as did Clinton). The Serbs referred to Kosova as KosovO. It's a little thing, but it's a thing.

NightSwimmer

Senator
It's sorta funny....I just listened to an avowed GOP-inclined American Kosova veteran who referred to it as Kosova. It's a political thing. The Kosovars referred to Kosova as Kosova (as did Clinton). The Serbs referred to Kosova as KosovO. It's a little thing, but it's a thing.
Didn't know that. I've always just heard it referred to as Kosovo in the news.

As far as Muslims are concerned hell no it never happened it doesn't matter how many Islamic lives were saved they still want to kill the infidels
Really? That's odd, all the muslims I know and worked with over the years never wanted to kill me. Also, my primary care physician is a muslim and he's had ample opp0rtunity to kill me, and yet here I am alive and well thanks partly to him.

You're wrong as the day is long.

Really? That's odd, all the muslims I know and worked with over the years never wanted to kill me. Also, my primary care physician is a muslim and he's had ample opp0rtunity to kill me, and yet here I am alive and well thanks partly to him.

Kinda like the Army psychiatrist at Fort Hood eh

NightSwimmer

Senator

I've had Muslim Doctors as well, and I've lived to tell the tale. Maybe all Muslims aren't terrorists? Is that possible?

fairsheet

Senator
I've had Muslim Doctors as well, and I've lived to tell the tale. Maybe all Muslims aren't terrorists? Is that possible?
My most recent Doc - name of Salam - poked a catheter up from my nether-region to my heart. Sorta funny thing is.....prior to said surgery, my wife WANTED for him to say that I must quit drinking in order to survive. Instead, Dr. Salam said hey....it wasn't that big a deal. For he TOO enjoyed a glass of wine or two, at dinner time!

While working in Abu Dhabi, literally surrounded by Muslims, I never once met a terrorist. Never even once felt like I was in danger. So I'd say it's very possible.

NightSwimmer

Senator
My most recent Doc - name of Salam - poked a catheter up from my nether-region to my heart. Sorta funny thing is.....prior to said surgery, my wife WANTED for him to say that I must quit drinking in order to survive. Instead, Dr. Salam said hey....it wasn't that big a deal. For he TOO enjoyed a glass of wine or two, at dinner time!
The Muslims that I know seem like ordinary guys. I've studied with some from the ME who are funny about the left-hand/right-hand thing at lunch and whatnot, and that's a little weird to me, but not offensive.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Pugs were VERY bitter that Kosovo didn't result in any American deaths. They constantly screeched about how we were "bombing from 10,000 feet." And the same from Obama's Libya war - Ghaddafi deposed without the loss of one American life. And then Pugs have to look at the tens of thousands of US casualties resulting from GWB's disasters in Iraq and Afghanistan.

As brainwashed as Pugs are, it must really singe them to know how horribly their cult leaders perform when compared to Dems.

fairsheet

Senator
Pugs were VERY bitter that Kosovo didn't result in any American deaths. They constantly screeched about how we were "bombing from 10,000 feet." And the same from Obama's Libya war - Ghaddafi deposed without the loss of one American life. And then Pugs have to look at the tens of thousands of US casualties resulting from GWB's disasters in Iraq and Afghanistan.

As brainwashed as Pugs are, it must really singe them to know how horribly their cult leaders perform when compared to Dems.

It's sorta weird that the ODS-ers would rather accept the Dick/George/Rummy failure in Iraq and lie that they never supported it from the get go, than accept the historic success and efficiency of Clinton's Ko0sova or Obama's Libya. Some might suggest that they aren't quite the patriots as their "support the troops" stickers might fart.

Sure they happened. I think we lost a few in Grenada as well.