• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Direct TV is dropping any of the FOX stations in our area.

Boltlady

Mayor
A lady who does some work for me told me that she and her husband were notified that among some other things her Direct TV will no longer be carrying any of the FOX stations. (This is SE Virginia)

Is this happening in your area too?

People seem to be really afraid that a broader view of what goes on in our country will actually allow people to think for themselves.

BobbyT

Governor
A lady who does some work for me told me that she and her husband were notified that among some other things her Direct TV will no longer be carrying any of the FOX stations. (This is SE Virginia)

People seem to be really afraid that a broader view of what goes on in our country will actually allow people to think for themselves.
Which people seem to be afraid of a broader view?

Boltlady

Mayor
Which people seem to be afraid of a broader view?
Eliminating some tv channels that actually show news that the others skip over, the social media that cancels accounts of people who have opposing views and the changing of the results that some search engines engage in, are all examples of people who are afraid of people getting enough information to form educated opinions.

BobbyT

Governor
Eliminating some tv channels that actually show news that the others skip over, the social media that cancels accounts of people who have opposing views and the changing of the results that some search engines engage in, are all examples of people who are afraid of people getting enough information to form educated opinions.
Those are examples of business decisions, except the allegation of changed search engine results, of which I've seen no evidence. Do you know why Fox is being dropped?

Boltlady

Mayor
Those are examples of business decisions, except the allegation of changed search engine results, of which I've seen no evidence. Do you know why Fox is being dropped?
A day or two ago Dawg posted pictures of an article found on Google that said the shooter was a registered Democrat (someone had taken screen shots of the article). A short time later the same article was reposted stating that the guy was a Republican. I don't remember which thread but it was recent.

Not sure why Fox is being dropped but I know that a lot of people don't like that station.

BobbyT

Governor
A day or two ago Dawg posted pictures of an article found on Google that said the shooter was a registered Democrat (someone had taken screen shots of the article). A short time later the same article was reposted stating that the guy was a Republican. I don't remember which thread but it was recent.

Not sure why Fox is being dropped but I know that a lot of people don't like that station.
I see, there are two versions of the same article and you think that's evidence of a search engine filtering results, and you're not sure why Fox is being dropped but you 'know' that a lot of people don't like that station so you decide it's because "people are afraid of a broader view."

It's so weird how badly RWNJs want to feel like they're victims.

llovejim

Current Champion

what does watching fox channel have to do with thinking? only elderly white bigots who find thinking way too taxing watch that lying shit. except for shepard smith, chris wallace and even judge nappy, nowadays. you are pretty funny in that you think fox really is a news channel.

llovejim

Current Champion

you are right. most americans do not like being lied to every day and having a state run propaganda station as long as the state is republican in nature.

worldlymrb

Revenge

FOX replaced with Telumondo or al Jazeera?

worldlymrb

Revenge
you are right. most americans do not like being lied to every day and having a state run propaganda station as long as the state is republican in nature.
MSNBC/ NBC News is owned by GE, who receives the largest U.S government contracts than any other corporate conglomerate on the planet.

Jen

Senator

Leftists seek to censor anything that doesn't ALWAYS support their narrative.
It's what they do.

Fins

Fray Terror
This is standard contract negotiations between DTV and fox. Nothing more. AT&T doesn’t care what talking heads you believe. They just want your money. Fox doesn’t care about you either. They just want part of that money too.

Fins

Fray Terror
MSNBC/ NBC News is owned by GE, who receives the largest U.S government contracts than any other corporate conglomerate on the planet.
GE is selling off a big number of their branches. There aren’t near as many government contracts as you assume.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
This is standard contract negotiations between DTV and fox. Nothing more. AT&T doesn’t care what talking heads you believe. They just want your money. Fox doesn’t care about you either. They just want part of that money too.
AT&T are a greedy bunch of dick heads, we're talking the corporate leaders here, the rank and file employees are still trying to be good telephone people but it's a losing battle against San Antonio.

I see, there are two versions of the same article and you think that's evidence of a search engine filtering results, and you're not sure why Fox is being dropped but you 'know' that a lot of people don't like that station so you decide it's because "people are afraid of a broader view."

It's so weird how badly RWNJs want to feel like they're victims.
No its weird how you would dismiss the words of Google's very own Head of Responsible Innovation when she was FILMED saying this......

“We all got screwed over in 2016, again it wasn’t just us, it was, the people got screwed over, the news media got screwed over, like, everybody got screwed over so we’re rapidly been like, what happened there and how do we prevent it from happening again,” said Jen Gennai, a Google employee and the head of “Responsible Innovation.”

We’re also training our algorithms, like, if 2016 happened again, would we have, would the outcome be different?” Gennai added.

So Google feels the needs to "prevent" another 2016 and Bobby feels the need to act like Google doesn't manipulate search results.

Europe has fined Google $2.7 billion for manipulating search results

https://www.vox.com/2017/6/27/15878980/europe-fine-google-antitrust-search

Yep. That is weird......and dishonest. But that Lefty for you.

voyager

4Q2247365
I have Direct TV and the FOX station will not pay the new fee and have been off the air for over two weeks now.