• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Do Great Things

Days

Commentator
Yes, right before you compared yourself to Renoir and implied I was not fit to hold an opposing opinion. If you don't want responses to your posts, perhaps you should label them as exclusive blogs not meant for comment.
Well, this confused me...

BFD
Private blog

I kind of thought that was the idea for this forum? But I guess it isn't any different from the other areas? I dunno, I came here to work out a treatise, but now its going to be so scattered, oh well...

that's why i reacted that way

BobbyT

Governor
Well, this confused me...

BFD
Private blog

I kind of thought that was the idea for this forum? But I guess it isn't any different from the other areas? I dunno, I came here to work out a treatise, but now its going to be so scattered, oh well...

that's why i reacted that way
If we weren't meant to comment on the posts, the comments would be disabled. As I wrote earlier, if you don't want responses, say so and you won't get any. From me anyway.

Days

Commentator
Not scared at all.
I'm not here to give you answers.
Just thoughts.
Not what I believe necessarily, but what is possible.
We are all Spirits. Souls. Living inside a body in this world gives us experiences and thus, gives the Creator experiences that he can't have being just a ball of energy. Perhaps there are lots of worlds that give the Creator varying experiences. We may be just one of them.

Our Spirit came from the Creator and will return to the Creator having had experiences in different forms. Just like the circle of life that Spirit is created, lives, learns, grows and returns to its source to live, learn, grow again.

The part I haven't been able to quite work through is "Evil". I have no doubt that there is evil. And Evil constantly battles Good for dominance. Is the final outcome known? Is there ever a final outcome or does the battle rage on forever? Is there an Evil God and a Good God? We have learned that God = Love. If that is true, then Evil is not equal to hate. Evil = Fear. I believe that the opposite of Love is Fear. So whether there is an Evil Fear entity or it is just a concept that God Love is working to rid our Spirit of, I don't know.

But our "job" here is to grow past the need for Fear and become pure Love. We aren't necessarily able to achieve this in one lifetime, so maybe our Spirit has many lifetimes. That doesn't mean that Days comes back to live over and over again, but the Spirit dwelling within Days might do that in order for that Spirit to conquer Fear.

The bottom line here is that everything is as it should be. Whatever the reason, this Earth and Earthly life exists for us to learn and it is a brutal testing ground. Whether it is for some grand Good vs Evil (Love vs Fear) battle or just knowledge and experience, we are placed here in a difficult place for a reason.

I am curious.
I look forward to whatever is next but I'm in no hurry to get there.
I feel I am awakening to knowledge right now as never before and I'm not done yet.

So
That's what I think at the moment.
the spirits all belong to God. If my spirit doesn't retain the experiences it had from earlier lives, how is it learning? To my way of thinking (or rabble, or whatever it is I do with this tired old brain) the spirit of life that gives life to us all, is just a part of the whole, a piece of God, if you will, or you could you say it this way; our lives are a multifaceted work of God and the life we lead is just God working out a part of himself. Each experience my spirit has produces an unique soul; so even if I was born with Elijah's spirit, my lifetime is producing me, not Elijah and not John. It is those individuals that face judgment for the acts performed in their lifetime and some are saved while others are discarded. The potter throws a vessel, and if he likes how it came out, he saves it, otherwise the clay is lumped back together and the potter throws another vessel; its really the master who is messing up, but if he doesn't like it, he doesn't save it. that's human life. But if he does like it, he fires it; trials and tribulations. And the clay is transformed into a ceramic... different nature.

really pretty post you wrote there, jen.

Reactions: Jen

Days

Commentator
Welcome to my Blog. :)
I absolutely thought of you... I remember when you had to become BFD because the new fray wouldn't allow just two letters in the name.

It says it is your personal blog, so how was I able to post? I was just experimenting...

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I absolutely thought of you... I remember when you had to become BFD because the new fray wouldn't allow just two letters in the name.

It says it is your personal blog, so how was I able to post? I was just experimenting...
Don't know how you got in but you're most welcome. :)

Days

Commentator
If we weren't meant to comment on the posts, the comments would be disabled. As I wrote earlier, if you don't want responses, say so and you won't get any. From me anyway.
I did answer your post, I just did so in a funny way. I like to hide my answers in my rabble, that gives them context and meaning. but the answers are in there, clear as day.

You wanted to know how some christian doctrine would be elevated above other experiences of God? Even though I hadn't written that or believe that? My answer was that the human spirit is elevated above other spirits that came up from the ground (fruit flies, and the like) but that's not the same as saying only believers in jesus get to go to heaven. Preachers that push their doctrine; bible thumpers, are locked into religion. Religion isn't faith, religion is what you do with your hands and feet, faith is what you believe in your heart. After all their preaching about right and wrong and the right way and the wrong way; religion isn't saving anybody's soul. But again, don't confuse their ignorance with the scriptures and please don't pretend that their foolishness can erase God. God is life. Are you alive? You are a part of God.

Jen

Senator
the spirits all belong to God. If my spirit doesn't retain the experiences it had from earlier lives, how is it learning? To my way of thinking (or rabble, or whatever it is I do with this tired old brain) the spirit of life that gives life to us all, is just a part of the whole, a piece of God, if you will, or you could you say it this way; our lives are a multifaceted work of God and the life we lead is just God working out a part of himself. Each experience my spirit has produces an unique soul; so even if I was born with Elijah's spirit, my lifetime is producing me, not Elijah and not John. It is those individuals that face judgment for the acts performed in their lifetime and some are saved while others are discarded. The potter throws a vessel, and if he likes how it came out, he saves it, otherwise the clay is lumped back together and the potter throws another vessel; its really the master who is messing up, but if he doesn't like it, he doesn't save it. that's human life. But if he does like it, he fires it; trials and tribulations. And the clay is transformed into a ceramic... different nature.

really pretty post you wrote there, jen.
Thank you.
And I liked your post here too.
It said what I was thinking so I agree.

Jen

Senator
I did answer your post, I just did so in a funny way. I like to hide my answers in my rabble, that gives them context and meaning. but the answers are in there, clear as day.

You wanted to know how some christian doctrine would be elevated above other experiences of God? Even though I hadn't written that or believe that? My answer was that the human spirit is elevated above other spirits that came up from the ground (fruit flies, and the like) but that's not the same as saying only believers in jesus get to go to heaven. Preachers that push their doctrine; bible thumpers, are locked into religion. Religion isn't faith, religion is what you do with your hands and feet, faith is what you believe in your heart. After all their preaching about right and wrong and the right way and the wrong way; religion isn't saving anybody's soul. But again, don't confuse their ignorance with the scriptures and please don't pretend that their foolishness can erase God. God is life. Are you alive? You are a part of God.
Religion is like cars. Everyone has a preference: Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Chrysler, BMW......etc........... it's a matter of personal preference. That's all it is. And every car salesman will tell you his is the only one that will get you where you want to go.

Faith.........is what you said it is and God IS. Nobody can erase that.

Jen

Senator
So no one goes to hell?
I'm not saying that.
But I do believe that most religious rules are man made.
God's rules are a lot more simple than all of the rules our religions have made up (like the Baptist "thou shalt not drink alcohol" one).
There is Evil in the world and if someone is Evil they go to Hell. It's a choice. If someone rejects God and chooses Evil instead.............the result is inevitable.

You can take the Ten Commandments and look at what Jesus said about Love one another.........and if you love others and treat them right, you won't break the 10 Commandments. It turns into Love and that is simple. God IS Love.

I have more: It's not "failing the test" that sends a person to Hell. It is a choice that sends a person to hell.

gigi

Mayor

You talk about others' ignorance of the scriptures but you get so much wrong.
Jesus was all man and all God, not a ghost.
The Scripture clearly states the circumstances of His flesh and blood birth. The Scripture also teaches that when Jesus appeared to the apostles after His Resurrection, the apostles thought they were seeing a ghost and Jesus assures them that He is not a ghost.

And the faith/ religion thing is really getting old. Believing that a particular religion teaches the truth is not a substitute for faith. It takes a great deal of faith in the things you believe are true to remain strong in a church where humans, with all our faults, teach us and worship with us. There's something that inspires us to forgive and love despite faults of those in the pews next to us. If you choose to believe it's just rote behavior, I contend that this is just a convenient go-to answer for you.
I don't assume you have no faith because you don't belong to a church.

gigi

Mayor
I'm not saying that.
But I do believe that most religious rules are man made.
God's rules are a lot more simple than all of the rules our religions have made up (like the Baptist "thou shalt not drink alcohol" one).
There is Evil in the world and if someone is Evil they go to Hell. It's a choice. If someone rejects God and chooses Evil instead.............the result is inevitable.

You can take the Ten Commandments and look at what Jesus said about Love one another.........and if you love others and treat them right, you won't break the 10 Commandments. It turns into Love and that is simple. God IS Love.

I have more: It's not "failing the test" that sends a person to Hell. It is a choice that sends a person to hell.
I think people choose hell, too. And I don't think this is a test. If it is a test, then God's the guy in the seat next to you whispering the answers to you. Funny, these are things my religion believes, too. So do other ones. Whaddya know?
But the fact that a church teaches things doesn't make them man made "rules".

Jen

Senator
I think people choose hell, too. And I don't think this is a test. If it is a test, then God's the guy in the seat next to you whispering the answers to you. Funny, these are things my religion believes, too. So do other ones. Whaddya know?
But the fact that a church teaches things doesn't make them man made "rules".
Did God make the rule not to drink alcohol?
If not, who did make that rule?
It's a hard and fast rule in some churches.

Religions can help people get to God, but that relationship we have with God, if we have one, is between us and God, not a whole congregation. It's one-on-one.

gigi

Mayor
Did God make the rule not to drink alcohol?
If not, who did make that rule?
It's a hard and fast rule in some churches.

Religions can help people get to God, but that relationship we have with God, if we have one, is between us and God, not a whole congregation. It's one-on-one.
I agree about the relationship with God, Jen.

I don't know where the rule about alcohol came from. I'm Catholic. We drink. And we gamble. But I would bet that if you traced that rule about alcohol back, you'd find that wherever it started, there was specific scripture people interpeted it from. Personally, I think there is scripture that would inform them that alcohol is not an evil, but they seem to feel that the wine in the Bible was not really wine for some reason, don't they?

Jen

Senator
I agree about the relationship with God, Jen.

I don't know where the rule about alcohol came from. I'm Catholic. We drink. And we gamble. But I would bet that if you traced that rule about alcohol back, you'd find that wherever it started, there was specific scripture people interpeted it from. Personally, I think there is scripture that would inform them that alcohol is not an evil, but they seem to feel that the wine in the Bible was not really wine for some reason, don't they?
They use the scripture about our body being a "temple" (I Corinthians 6:19) and too much alcohol destroys the temple and some people don't know when to stop.

And they use the scripture that says we shouldn't be a stumbling block for others (I Corinthians 8:9)and drinking alcohol might make an alcoholic start drinking again.

They had to really stretch to get to the never drink alcohol rule. I think there was controlling people involved or they would have just said "drink in moderation and use some common sense". But they didn't. It's just my opinion on this, gigi.

I have also heard them say that it was grape juice, not wine............but even they know that's not true.