• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Do Great Things

Days

Commentator
You've heard of photo-bombing? Well you just post-bombed Days when he was setting up a portraiture setting. Those professionals are just looking for a little respect.
Unfortunately, for the household budget, I don't make a nickel off my preaching - so, very unprofessional, I guess - but it wasn't respect I wanted, I just wanted to complete the whole essay before someone inserted into it. This essay was never finished, but that doesn't justify me blowing a fuse with Bobby, but afterwards, all I can do is apologize, eh?

I wrote a much larger dissertation "the expectation of faith" ... but I wrote that for online publication, so it was all composed in advance of posting here; hence, I only had to pause 17 seconds in between posts and the whole thing went up seamless. so, lesson learned, I guess.

MaryAnne

Governor
Not scared at all.
I'm not here to give you answers.
Just thoughts.
Not what I believe necessarily, but what is possible.
We are all Spirits. Souls. Living inside a body in this world gives us experiences and thus, gives the Creator experiences that he can't have being just a ball of energy. Perhaps there are lots of worlds that give the Creator varying experiences. We may be just one of them.

Our Spirit came from the Creator and will return to the Creator having had experiences in different forms. Just like the circle of life that Spirit is created, lives, learns, grows and returns to its source to live, learn, grow again.

The part I haven't been able to quite work through is "Evil". I have no doubt that there is evil. And Evil constantly battles Good for dominance. Is the final outcome known? Is there ever a final outcome or does the battle rage on forever? Is there an Evil God and a Good God? We have learned that God = Love. If that is true, then Evil is not equal to hate. Evil = Fear. I believe that the opposite of Love is Fear. So whether there is an Evil Fear entity or it is just a concept that God Love is working to rid our Spirit of, I don't know.

But our "job" here is to grow past the need for Fear and become pure Love. We aren't necessarily able to achieve this in one lifetime, so maybe our Spirit has many lifetimes. That doesn't mean that Days comes back to live over and over again, but the Spirit dwelling within Days might do that in order for that Spirit to conquer Fear.

The bottom line here is that everything is as it should be. Whatever the reason, this Earth and Earthly life exists for us to learn and it is a brutal testing ground. Whether it is for some grand Good vs Evil (Love vs Fear) battle or just knowledge and experience, we are placed here in a difficult place for a reason.

I am curious.
I look forward to whatever is next but I'm in no hurry to get there.
I feel I am awakening to knowledge right now as never before and I'm not done yet.

So
That's what I think at the moment.
A friend said, "evil is the Devil trying to lead you astray." Something to think about.

Days

Commentator
Education is the life experience that Jen referenced that allows us to to explore the mind of God and enrich our lifetimes spiritually and physically.
true education just seeks to teach. knowledge is something we enter into, something we explore. good post.

true education just seeks to teach. knowledge is something we enter into, something we explore. good post.
The teachers of old taught through asking questions, now they just tell what ever Dogma they are intent on instilling into innocent minds.

MaryAnne

Governor
We have many good Teachers here. The main problem I see is how Teachers have to Teach To The Test. Another Congressional and Bush failure.

Lack of funding in Republican States like my own,Kansas,a good share of the Southern States. They would rather cut taxes for the 1% than than invest in Education.

Days

Commentator
We have many good Teachers here. The main problem I see is how Teachers have to Teach To The Test. Another Congressional and Bush failure.

Lack of funding in Republican States like my own,Kansas,a good share of the Southern States. They would rather cut taxes for the 1% than than invest in Education.
It isn't a result of money... it is method. Today's "schools" are spitting out curriculum, and expecting the students to teach themselves. There's no teaching, that is not being done. Teaching only happens when the child is engaged. In today's schools, that is never done, the teachers are not trained to do that, they might answer 5 questions a year from a child and then, that's it, no one engages the child works the knowledge into the child, they just answer a question the same way they toss out all the classroom "instruction"... there is zero actual teaching of the children.

MaryAnne

Governor
It isn't a result of money... it is method. Today's "schools" are spitting out curriculum, and expecting the students to teach themselves. There's no teaching, that is not being done. Teaching only happens when the child is engaged. In today's schools, that is never done, the teachers are not trained to do that, they might answer 5 questions a year from a child and then, that's it, no one engages the child works the knowledge into the child, they just answer a question the same way they toss out all the classroom "instruction"... there is zero actual teaching of the children.
No School District can operate with out funding. The Republican Legislature here jus threw out the Kasich budget and funded the Schools for 2 years.

Kasich wanted School funding cut because he wants Charter Schools. Never mind that Charter Schools have had exposure of corruption,closing shift all over with millions stolen.

My Grandson,whose Parents are very involved is doing just fine.

You want to put all Schools in the same basket. It is simply not true. There are good Teachers all over.

Teachers are leaving the prof in droves here, it is badly paid and the hours, due to the never ending filling in of reports, are a killer. And yes the exams and ticking of boxes ---

Steiner said that kindergarten teachers as children should only do mornings and sleep in the afternoons to replenish the energy they will need the next morning --- now they are lucky if they have finished work by 11 at night.

No School District can operate with out funding. The Republican Legislature here jus threw out the Kasich budget and funded the Schools for 2 years.

Kasich wanted School funding cut because he wants Charter Schools. Never mind that Charter Schools have had exposure of corruption,closing shift all over with millions stolen.

My Grandson,whose Parents are very involved is doing just fine.

You want to put all Schools in the same basket. It is simply not true. There are good Teachers all over.
A good teacher can teach in a mud hut --- sure we expect some monies put into schools but Days is right, it isn't the be all.

Days

Commentator
A good teacher can teach in a mud hut --- sure we expect some monies put into schools but Days is right, it isn't the be all.
I'm not saying money doesn't make a difference, I'm trying to point at the teaching method itself. A mud hut might actually be a better environment for teaching because the teacher in a mud hut tends to be more engaged. Sitting or standing in front of the class and tossing out information is not teaching, writing a book or making a video is not teaching, teaching only happens through human contact, teaching is a give and take, an exchange of understanding, its impossible to truly teach without learning something in that process.

My wife has two degrees in education: a BS in elementary education, a BS in Bilingual education, and a minor in child psychology. But she chose to be a poor clerk in the public library because it offered an environment where she was free to teach the children. Teaching is its own reward, it may or may not happen in public schools, but the structure and time restraints limit the opportunity to teach the children... 30 kids for 45 minutes and a new lesson to spit out every day; there's no time to teach a child in that format.

MaryAnne

Governor

I never said money was the be all, but I also know you can not label all Schools in the same box. There are good and bad Schools all over. I also know my kids put Education at the top of the list.

You are telling me what is happening in Great Britain. I am telling you what I see here.
I'm not saying money doesn't make a difference, I'm trying to point at the teaching method itself. A mud hut might actually be a better environment for teaching because the teacher in a mud hut tends to be more engaged. Sitting or standing in front of the class and tossing out information is not teaching, writing a book or making a video is not teaching, teaching only happens through human contact, teaching is a give and take, an exchange of understanding, its impossible to truly teach without learning something in that process.

My wife has two degrees in education: a BS in elementary education, a BS in Bilingual education, and a minor in child psychology. But she chose to be a poor clerk in the public library because it offered an environment where she was free to teach the children. Teaching is its own reward, it may or may not happen in public schools, but the structure and time restraints limit the opportunity to teach the children... 30 kids for 45 minutes and a new lesson to spit out every day; there's no time to teach a child in that format.
Your wife is doing what she loves,Days. That is wonderful. But you can ask her if the proper funding is not important. That 25 pupils become 40 with out proper funding. The smaller the class,the more time spent with each child.the more they learn.

Education today covers so much more than what we had,but some of the rules passed by Congress do more harm than good.

The same thing is happening everywhere MaryAnne, from every country one hears exactly the same complaints, exactly the same. This is a world wide problem, the agenda is obviously not being set on a national basis.

And also everywhere there are better schools and better teachers than others, of course there are, but the curriculum is set by Gov. And what on earth do politicians know about education? Or anything else for that matter --- they are all only amatures.

Days

Commentator
I'll be the first to tell you what a world of a difference proper funding makes in the public school system. But it does so, just exactly because of the structure they follow. If one teacher was placed in a mud hut with 5 students, and the teacher has a passion for teaching, then funding would make no difference. But in this bad design the public schools follow, funding is all-important, without it, there will be no teaching going on; with it, there's a little teaching happening, but still way too little.

MaryAnne

Governor
The same thing is happening everywhere MaryAnne, from every country one hears exactly the same complaints, exactly the same. This is a world wide problem, the agenda is obviously not being set on a national basis.

And also everywhere there are better schools and better teachers than others, of course there are, but the curriculum is set by Gov. And what on earth do politicians know about education? Or anything else for that matter --- they are all only amatures.
That is the main problem here, Ever since the bussing debacle created by Congress that destroyed our City Schools here, they have made mistake after mistake.

Now, Republican run states are cutting funds, pushing Private Schools that are stealing millions from the Public Schools, closing after they get the money,patting themselves millions.

Days the bit about mud huts is not feasible in this Country. The world has moved on with Technology. We are not in the days of Readin',Writin'' and Rithmatic.

The Schools need that Technology to teach. My Grandson has his own Lap Top that cost close to a Thousand Dolars. Those students who can not afford that need help. And that takes money.

At least in my State the new Republican Legislature over ruled Governor Kasich and fully funded the Schools. Kasich wanted cuts to give more tax breaks to his friends. Maybe young Republicans are beginning to realize what is important. They are mostly young.

Last edited:
That is the main problem here, Ever since the bussing debacle created by Congress that destroyed our City Schools here, they have made mistake after mistake.

Now, Republican run states are cutting funds, pushing Private Schools that are stealing millions from the Public Schools, closing after they get the money,patting themselves millions.

Days the bit about mud huts is not feasible in this Country. The world has moved on with Technology. We are not in the days of Readin',Writin'' and Rithmatic.

The Schools need that Technology to teach. My Grandson has his own Lap Top that cost close to a Thousand Dolars. Those students who can not afford that need help. And that takes money.

At least in my State the new Republican Legislature over ruled Governor Kasich and fully funded the Schools. Kasich wanted cuts to give more tax breaks to his friends. Maybe young Republicans are beginning to realize what is important. They are mostly young.

Same here, they call them Academies and any one, absolutely anyone, can start one up and then get the funding from Gov and yes out of State school funds --- Public Schools actually being Private schools here, many of the little Private ones were closed down only to reemerge now with pubic funding ---

'Mud hut' was metaphorical --- but that said, we only have to look at past generations who still lap up knowledge and compare them with the main body of youth today who have no yearning for knowledge at all.

Given a good basic three Rs with a bit of history and geog, basic science, at least one other language, the classics, well taught and a child is set to go out into the World and discover --- of course we prefer more than the basics in this new world of tec- for our children, of course we all want the best we can find for them --- and yes education for the next generation should be a priority --- but it isn't they seem to want to keep them stupid and teach them on a need to know basis.

There is an Academy not far from here, the kids arrive at 8 am-ish, sit at long tables in a huge hall, at computers, on the computers are their lessons and their home work, a couple of teachers wander round 'supervising' -- kids are home by 2pm. Shocking, especially for one young girl I know who went to a truly lovely village school near here --- I don't think much of our own village school because it is all about targets and the Head runs two schools but Fittleworth has a smashing Head. But look at this :- it hasn't been updated but --- they have to buy their own book now, through fund raising :(

http://www.fittleworthschool.org.uk/News/We-have-raised-an-amazing-1100-to-buy-new-books-fo/

The Councils used to run and fund the schools in their respective districts, now it is all funded from Central Gov who in turn has to listen to Brussels who in turn has to listen to its orders from the US.

Days

Commentator
So, I reread the thread... interesting. A lot of passion, a lot of emotion. Good writers, fully engaged, and smart people to boot. A lot of experience there. ... started 34 months ago, active until 28 months ago. It is also interesting that, in the threads that followed, it is almost as if, everyone allowed me to work out my thesis for each thread, before engaging the thread... which says a lot about how amazing this community is.

Well, I thought about trying to pick back up and finish the thesis I started out with; but it seems to me, God didn't want it finished, and besides, it is like Nebuchadnezzar's dream; the thing has left me, I don't remember the dream. In 6th grade advanced math class, my teacher's lesson plan was to teach us Pi, and the area of a circle... being advanced math, the teacher first asked us if any of us could - with all the math we had learned so far - assemble a formula for working out the area of a circle. I spit out a 6 part formula, each part being a duplex operation, and it worked, it worked just as well as Pi times the square of the radius. Can I remember that formula? Heck no. But I still have this...

(it actually works)

What I was driving towards in that opening post was some more heresy - all my best posts are heresy - the gyst of the idea runs somethink along the lines...

we are spirits, born into a human form, but then we die and retain our real form. We are never going to be human again; being human is over when we die, whatever form we take after that, it will never be human again. We are spirits, that's what we are, being human is only for a moment, for all eternity, we are gods, angels, spirit beings, because that's what we truly are. We do not become like the angels, we already are like the angels, we will lose the humanness, we will forget ever having started out as humans, eventually, the memory of having been a human will be like a faded dream long forgotten.

Charles Kos is an Australian who has studied the past like I have studied it, only he goes deeper into the rabbit hole than I do. He just put out this post where he tries to summarize what really happened on earth for the past couple hundred thousand years. This is from the evidence, not just fantasizing. I want to post it because, I want to say; look at how all those great things were done and long forgotten; cuz man is like a puff of cold air, he is here for a moment, then he is gone.

Why would "Soft Tissue", be found in "Fossilised Dinosaurs?" 'Dragons Explained?'

Charles Kos
Published on Aug 18, 2017

Jen

Senator
Yes. I agree. We are Spirits that have been allowed to slow way down and assume solid form for a very brief time. There are things that we can do in this form that we cannot do in Spirit form so God, our Creator gave us a taste of that right along with adversity and challenge.

Thank you for reminding me of that. It is easy to get so worked up over things that we forget that once this life is over......... we will be Spirits again. Although there are so many things that Spirits can do that humans can't do, I imagine that we will miss being human.

I also believe, though, in our "Book of Life" where we can look in on our lives and re-experience the things that meant the most to us. Maybe we are already there and our life now is just us experiencing it one more time. Who knows?

There are mysteries that our mortal minds aren't supposed to unravel, but we are made in such a way that we keep trying.