• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Do you honestly think the govt should fund your retirement?

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Since I am on an island here on this issue - let's go Brandon - give me the "sound reasoning" behind the Ponzi Scheme? pretty sure this will be ignored but hey put yourself on record or run away and wait for that govt tit check and insurance card - ever wonder why heath care costs are so out of whack - free money from the govt tit baby.

go______________________________________________________

TBLee

Governor
Since I am on an island here on this issue - let's go Brandon - give me the "sound reasoning" behind the Ponzi Scheme? pretty sure this will be ignored but hey put yourself on record or run away and wait for that govt tit check and insurance card - ever wonder why heath care costs are so out of whack - free money from the govt tit baby.

So, once again I am going to ask you. Do you plan to turn down your SS and Medicare upon your retirement?

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.

How much money does the government put into anyone's social security/medicare?

Both are funded by the employee and the employer. The government is supposed to hold it only...kept in a lockbox...inaccessible.

Then one day, the government decided "Wow, that's a lot of money just sitting there...that we could spend on all our pet projects." They removed the lock and stole that money.

I'd be perfectly fine if they would reimburse what I've contributed, quit taxing me that 6.2%, and let me invest it how I wish. It's my money.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

"you must live a sheltered life"

Gov doesn't have any money other than what Taxpayers paid into gov their entire working lives and in this case Social Security & Medicare and what you call "govt tit" money in reality is money taxpayers were MADE to pay unto govt. The taxpayers is sucking their own tit and NOTHING is FREE, the govt takes $164+ a month from the SS for Medicare.

BTW: even YOU will HAVE to take govt tit Medicare at a certain age, it's MANDITORY and as long as you work you will continue paying both while receiving both. It's clear you have so much to learn as you get older if you live.

Joey makes $400,000 a year as POTUS and Joey & Jill drew over $54,000 in SS last year or what you call govt tit money..........as for someone that claims to own 3 businesses you will continue to pay the govt tit half their SS from each paycheck:)

Last edited:

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Love it or hate it...how could you possibly end it? Would you simply cut off SS as of a certain date? Current retirees or people who were counting on SS for a percentage of their retirement income can just f*ck off?

Try to objectively evaluate the massive cut in consumer spending. The calculation on the drop in GDP is easy....it would be about one trillion dollars per year and 67 million people would lose those payments. Our GDP is about $23 trillion.

the average worker has 5th grade reading comprehension. they can't balance a checkbook, or even complete a 1040EZ tax return short form. Do you really want millions of these people reaching age 65 and going on welfare immediately because they never saved a penny? Isn't it better than they are forced to make social security contributions from current earnings?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
How much money does the government put into anyone's social security/medicare?

Both are funded by the employee and the employer. The government is supposed to hold it only...kept in a lockbox...inaccessible.

Then one day, the government decided "Wow, that's a lot of money just sitting there...that we could spend on all our pet projects." They removed the lock and stole that money.

I'd be perfectly fine if they would reimburse what I've contributed, quit taxing me that 6.2%, and let me invest it how I wish. It's my money.
Notice this guy criticizing the government for such practices? Notice him lambasting those pols who treat this “Ponzi scheme” as sacred and “under attack” by the other party every other week? Notice that this guy has ZERO credibility on this matter? Yeah. This is the sort of clown we get here.

I just gotta scroll on by.

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
Notice this guy criticizing the government for such practices? Notice him lambasting those pols who treat this “Ponzi scheme” as sacred and “under attack” by the other party every other week? Notice that this guy has ZERO credibility on this matter? Yeah. This is the sort of clown we get here.

I just gotta scroll on by.
It's my money, after all. Why wouldn't I reclaim MY money from the government? After all of my money they've wasted and given to those that haven't earned it, it should come back to me.

Social Security and Medicare are two of the only actual "entitlements" there are. Our money funded it; therefore, we're entitled to it.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
It's my money, after all. Why wouldn't I reclaim MY money from the government? After all of my money they've wasted and given to those that haven't earned it, it should come back to me.

Social Security and Medicare are two of the only actual "entitlements" there are. Our money funded it; therefore, we're entitled to it.
Yes. He seems to want the government to simply steal our/our employers’ invested dollars that were MANDATED BY LAW.

I am NOT a proponent of SS. I think it sucks. I also think it’s a fraud that commie leftists allowed it to become a scheme in which some receive MORE than they contributed while others receive LESS. I also know it’s a fraud that government routinely raids the fund.

But…again…the OP conceals actual facts and keeps the matter ambiguous and vague…so as to not implicate that DEMOCRATS invented the program, sold it under false pretenses, later decided to raid it, favor scaling it to perceived “need” rather than contribution history, and who now leverage its sacred status politically. The OP says NONE of this…because leftists are simpleton dolt liars.

That is all. :)

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yes. He seems to want the government to simply steal our/our employers’ invested dollars that were MANDATED BY LAW.

I am NOT a proponent of SS. I think it sucks. I also think it’s a fraud that commie leftists allowed it to become a scheme in which some receive MORE than they contributed while others receive LESS. I also know it’s a fraud that government routinely raids the fund.

But…again…the OP conceals actual facts and keeps the matter ambiguous and vague…so as to not implicate that DEMOCRATS invented the program, sold it under false pretenses, later decided to raid it, favor scaling it to perceived “need” rather than contribution history, and who now leverage its sacred status politically. The OP says NONE of this…because leftists are simpleton dolt liars.

That is all. :)
The Social Security Act was passed by both parties, not just the democrats.

The Ways & Means Committee Report on the Social Security Act was introduced in the House on April 4, 1935 and debate began on April 11th. After several days of debate, the bill was passed in the House on April 19, 1935 by a vote of 372 yeas, 33 nays, 2 present, and 25 not voting. (This vote took place immediately followed a vote to recommit the bill to the Committee, which failed on a vote of Yea: 149; Nay: 253; Present: 1; and Not Voting: 29.)

The bill was reported out by the Senate Finance Committee on May 13, 1935 and introduced in the Senate on June 12th. The debate lasted until June 19th, when the Social Security Act was passed by a vote of 77 yeas, 6 nays, and 12 not voting.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Joey is on your Island, of course Joey already has his and wants to make sure YOU never have what he's got...............SS

Joe Biden Said on Tape He Wanted to Increase Social Security Age (msn.com)

Yet, with :3 businesses: YOU will have to continue paying YOUR SS and half of YOUR employees, unless YOU'RE a business of ONE :) Joey probably draws more "govt tit money" yearly from SS than you make working :)

write on

Senator

Many right wingers bitch about the ''government'- along with whining about their support of the same 'government' that plan on taking their SS away from them if they control both houses of Congress.

The ignorance of these people would make me laugh if not for their Cult of Stupidity.

lol

There, I said it!

Prove me wrong

Last edited:

protectionist

Governor

Correct. It's fundamentally not much different than having a long term savings account with a bank.

protectionist

Governor
Many right wingers bitch about the ''government'- along with whining about their support of the same 'government' that plan on taking their SS away from them if they control both houses of Congress.

The ignorance of these people would make me laugh if not for their Cult of Stupidity.

lol

There, I said it!

Prove me wrong
I might try to prove you wrong, if I could figure out what the hell you said.

protectionist

Governor
You know that that's not going to happen.

My question continues to be is why do so many on the right attack this particular part of the 'government subsidies' that they continue to rely on?
Could you name somebody who attacks it ? Only one I know of who has done that, is Joe Biden.