• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Do you listen to Rush Limbaugh's radio show?

Do you listen to Rush Limbaugh's radio show?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 82.8%

• Total voters

Dave

Council Member
Rush has been in the news for calling a congressional committee witness some vulgar names this week. Do you tune into his show?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
The only time I hear Rush is when he pisses off the left and he makes the mainstream news.

Other than that? It's classic rock at work...all day, every day.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I only listen to the radio in the car. I prefer jazz. Keiko Matsui is one of my new favorites, and I like the old stuff too (Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Brubeck, etc.)

Corruptbuddha

Governor
My daughter LOVES Keiko...me? Meh, I'm a rocker.

[video=youtube;CmXWkMlKFkI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXWkMlKFkI&ob=av3n[/video]

Nestor2

Council Member
Nope. Used to, but when he decided his target market didn't include liberals, he became someone I couldn't stand to listen to.

GordonGecko

President
What's fascinating about Limbaugh is....

is how he has so many people on the Right who "don't care about him"..."don't listen to him"...or "have NEVER listened to him".....

but who always turn up to DEFEND him if he is "attacked" in a blog post. Weird, huh? :D

GordonGecko

President
BTW, had a really dopey rightwinger tell me once that my listening to Rush (or anybody LOC listening to Rush) was "boosting his ratings"....

apparently oblivious to how the Arbitron rating system for radio works.

Zam-Zam

Senator
My daughter LOVES Keiko...me? Meh, I'm a rocker.

[video=youtube;CmXWkMlKFkI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmXWkMlKFkI&ob=av3n[/video]

My daughter, who is ten, plays piano. I took her to see Kieko Matsui in concert two suumers ago and she really enjoyed it. She's trying to learn a couple of her songs but is finding it a bit difficult at this stage. She does pretty well with stuff like Pachelbel's Canon In D and various Beatles songs, but Matsui's compositions are pretty intricate for a ten-year old. Fortunately, she hasn't given up yet.

Figjam

Mayor
...used to many years ago (15-20-years) and thought he was quite funny - once his audience/callers and he started taking what he said seriously, he was no longer entertaining...

Figjam

Mayor
...yes, I used to think he was funny too - as far as beck goes, I never felt he was funny - actually never watched any more than 5-minutes of maybe 2-shows so I am probably not a good judge...

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
I am pretty safe in saying that there are lefties on here that have listened to Limbaugh more than I have...radio show, youtube, what-have-you. Everytime I've heard a quote, seen a clip, or heard about a scandal from Rush, it's when those on the left ask questions about it on political chat boards.

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
Funny...seems you always know quite a bit about what he has said or what he is doing. Do you listen to Limbaugh there Reppy?

D

Doc

Seldom.

I mean, if I am driving, have no Sports Talk station, no music, and no G Gordon Liddy, to listen to, I might listen for a while.

But, this is generally what you get from Limbaugh:

--20 minutes of commercials
--15 minutes of him talking himself up (He is a great authority--on most all things, incredibly intelligent--just ask him, no, he'll let you know anyways, and, a very good Golfer!)
--15 minutes of ranting about Librals and those Puggers who are not Conservative enough.
--10 minutes of rehashing Conservative points....

Zam-Zam

Senator
Perhaps a better poll question might be: "How important to you is it what Rush Limbaugh says?"

Just a thought

Jim Scott

Council Member
I listen to Rush when I can - which is usually for about 20 minutes, a few days per week. His political insights are astute but he wastes a lot of time on trivia and his commercial load - a business-oriented measure of his popularity - is ridiculous. Frankly, if you listen to the first 15-20 minutes of Rush's show (starts at noon in my state) you've pretty much heard the gist of what he's going to talk about that day. The rest is repetition, calls that aren't always that interesting - and lots of commercials. Still, for conservatives weary of nothing but left-wing propaganda on the network TV news (and in most major-city newspapers) Limbaugh's show is an oasis in the liberal media desert.

As a syndicated talk show host on the air for 3 hours per day, five days a week for over 23 years, Limbaugh has his pluses and minuses. He has a big ego - but jokes about it - demonstrating a self-awareness that balances his occasional (faux) pomposity. It's a given that his conservative political views drive liberals nuts. He has been steadily attacked by the left for over 20 years, - with a wide variety of accusations - but Limbaugh survives and thrives, further frustrating the political left that want very much to believe that any opposition to their leftist political ideology is based on sinister motives and/or rank stupidity, thus rendering the liberal, in his or her mind, a superior thinker and a very special person. Liberals also tend to be contemptuous of dissent - and Rush Limbaugh's show is nothing but dissent from the left's worldview. Limbaugh's message (political conservatism) and his long-running success; a paycheck of 5 million dollars per year and an audience in the millions, (although precise audience figures are elusive) are witness to Limbaugh's strong appeal, despite the seemingly endless attacks and calls for his censure by Republican politicians (they often cave - Limbaugh shrugs).

Today, it's his mocking of a Georgetown law school coed who claimed (in a contrived congressional hearing organized by Nancy Pelosi) that because she has sex so often and her Catholic college's medical plan doesn't cover contraceptives, she is suffering financial harm. Limbaugh made sport of this claim and called her a four-letter name that rhymes with 'mutt', igniting the left in their usual frenzy of selective outrage. However, once you get past the buzz words and the heat, there is some light in Limbaugh's analysis of the situation. The woman chooses to attend a law school run by Catholic Jesuits then, based on her admission (or was it bragging?) that she has so much sex that contraceptive costs are becoming a problem for her and she doesn't understand why the school doesn't pay for them. The premise is bizarre. Limbaugh treated it that way and of course, the left is having their usual snit-fit. What else is new?

I seriously doubt that Rush Limbaugh will be issuing any apologies to Sandra Fluke but I expect that he'll still be around long after the young woman's 15 minutes of fame have long since expired - and the political left will still be attacking him. Some things never change.

Lapcat

Governor
Yes. In fact, I am in the process of ordering some of his Tea tonight. Also planning on boycotting those two sponsors that decided to pull their ads.

This is about more than just an outlandish comment made by a radio personality to get ratings, you see. And "some" of us are capable of seeing the big picture....

vs. the small and narrow-minded, tunnel vision version that the lefties only see.

Great poll there.

Thanks!

Rush has been in the news for calling a congressional committee witness some vulgar names this week. Do you tune into his show?

Lapcat

Governor
OR....better yet....

"How closely does Rush's stance on most political issues, as discussed on his radio show, compare, agree with or relate to your own political stance on those issues?"

Perhaps a better poll question might be: "How important to you is it what Rush Limbaugh says?"

Just a thought