• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Do you trust Mitt Romney?

Do you trust Mitt Romney?

• Yes

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 78.7%

• Total voters

Zam-Zam

Senator
As I am sure that most know, I am a leftie. However, I can say that I basically "trust" Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum in the sense that I know what they think and what their convictions are. I don't agree with them on much but I do have a pretty good idea of where they are coming from. I feel differently about Romney. It is not so much that Romney is a flip-flopper (though that is part of the problem.) It is that he seems untrustworthy and unreliable. And it seems to me that this is some of the problem that he is having in the primaries. He is considered as electable but untrustworthy. I am curious what others feel about Romney's trustworthiness.

No. I also do not trust Barack Obama. Or any other politician.

I would ask those who do trust politicians, why? It can't be because of their track record.......

Bruce

Council Member
The folk's trusted Richard Nixon, Reagan,HW Bush and GW Bush and look what happened. Most of Romney's delegates are the Rich so asking me if I trust him? Hell no!

moddem38

Council Member
I trust him to cut taxes on the upper class, increase military spending, deregulate the economy--in other words to do what every Republican does.

Jim Scott

Council Member
I trust no politician unconditionally and no politician, no matter how conservative or liberal (depending on your political POV) is going to satisfy you (or me) 100% of the time.

That having been stated, were he elected president, I trust Mitt Romney to improve the sputtering U.S. economy and likely reduce some taxes and rein in federal spending after the profligate Obama has put the U.S. in a far deeper debt than he 'inherited' with little to show for it after 3 years. I also trust that a 'president' Mitt Romney would not allow Iran to fully develop a nuclear capacity and would not be fiddling around holding pointless 'negotiations' with Iran - no preconditions, of course - making it more difficult for Israel to defend itself with a preemptive strike at Iran's nuclear development sites.

However, I don't trust Romney to be a conservative in the strict (political) sense of the word - we haven't had one of those since Ronald Reagan - but should Romney become the 2012 GOP presidential nominee, conservative Republicans will vote for him to (a) remove the destructive Obama and, (b) give him a big enough margin of victory to have a mandate. Of course it's understood the hypothetical 'President Romney' will need a Republican voting majority in congress to get things accomplished. That will require just a few GOP wins and is quite possible, albeit, not guaranteed.

Jen

Senator
Exactly how do you think Gingrich will "harm" me, degsme? Please support your premise. Maybe you will change my mind.

You prefer Gingrich!!!!
WOW!!!

I am always fascinated by people who are attracted to and support those who are most antithetical to their own interests. As far as I can tell Jen, you are EXACTLY the kind of person that Gingrich's policies will harm. And yet you prefer him to be POTUS!!!

WOW>

Council Member
Only slightly more than santorium, a little bit more than Newt, but none of them as much as the I would the junk yard dog.

Council Member
Exactly how do you think Gingrich will "harm" me, degsme? Please support your premise. Maybe you will change my mind.

Would you like to live under a KING, jen. That is how I look at Newt. He will anoint himself KING, to do what is right in his own mind. Where if we had a ww3 under bush one would have thought he would try to over step his powers, with Newt it's a forgone conclusion that he would do it.