• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Does the office of Attorney General have any authority to tell Congress what to do, or how?

Does the Attorney General have the authority to tell Congress what to do, or how to do it?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
You’re always selling your lawless cult leaders short. Barr’s lawless “finding” of vindication on obstruction was done for a reason - to impede impeachment proceedings. I explained to you in detail the ways in which the Trump/Barr cabal would do it. You just ignore what I tell you and harp about what we agree on - that their antics would be illegal. That would not stop your lawless cult leaders.

For example, your cult leaders could argue that impeachment charges on obstruction would violate the double jeopardy clause and tie things up for ages. Right?
you are a brain damaged idiot. NO, NONE of what you are saying could POSSIBLY happen. Not with Trump in office, not with Obama in office.

Period

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
Again, you are assuming Trump would be constrained by the law. All he needs is one hack judge to say that Congress has no power to impeach ... never mind what the Constitution says because he found a hack willing to ignore it ... and any member of Congress who purports to impeach him anyway he can have arrested for treason and thrown in Guantanamo.
You are as brain damaged as McDumbfvck is.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
How many things has Trump already done that he can’t legally or constitutionally do?
The COURTS have NO JURISDICTION on the INTERNAL WORKINGS of CONGRESS.

If Congress sets a rule that before a vote everyone must do a hand stand, the COURTS cannot do JACK about it. It's an internal process, not a law, bill, executive order etc.

Impeachment is an INTERNAL PROCESS.

EatTheRich

President
The COURTS have NO JURISDICTION on the INTERNAL WORKINGS of CONGRESS.

If Congress sets a rule that before a vote everyone must do a hand stand, the COURTS cannot do JACK about it. It's an internal process, not a law, bill, executive order etc.

Impeachment is an INTERNAL PROCESS.
Yes, we are all aware that the courts can’t legally interfere with Congress’s impeachment prerogative. The question is whether the Trump machine will illegally ignore the Constitution again as they have so many other times.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Yes, we are all aware that the courts can’t legally interfere with Congress’s impeachment prerogative. The question is whether the Trump machine will illegally ignore the Constitution again as they have so many other times.
The “thought” seems to be that the House would subpoena witnesses and documents and Trump would happily comply instead of waging a scorched earth court fight.

;-)

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
The “thought” seems to be that the House would subpoena witnesses and documents and Trump would happily comply instead of waging a scorched earth court fight.

;-)
The ONLY person Trump could prevent from complying with subpoenas for documentation or acting as a witness, is Trump. And that would NOT prevent impeachment, period.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
It's a stupid question. EXACTLY what would Trump to to STOP an impeachment proceeding. BE SPECIFIC. Just saying 'he'd bypass the law' doesn't cut it.

Bugsy McGurk

President
The ONLY person Trump could prevent from complying with subpoenas for documentation or acting as a witness, is Trump. And that would NOT prevent impeachment, period.
You’re literally delusional. He controls the entire executive branch. They would all be controlled by the Trump stonewall.

And here’s today’s story about Trump even threatening an accounting firm, demanding that they ignore a congressional subpoena...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/15/trump-financial-records-1275965?cid=apn

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
I laid it out for him in great detail.

His response is “That would be unlawful!”

Well....Duh!

;-)
Your position is that even though the courts cannot do anything in regards to how Congress operates internally, Trump will pack the courts and make them do something.

That would go pretty much like this...

CONGRESS: We are impeaching you, President Trump

TRUMP: I just packed the courts with loyal followers, and THEY say you can't impeach me...nani-nani-boo-boo!!!!

Congress; (begins impeachment proceedings). You were saying???

Bugsy McGurk

President
Your position is that even though the courts cannot do anything in regards to how Congress operates internally, Trump will pack the courts and make them do something.

That would go pretty much like this...

CONGRESS: We are impeaching you, President Trump

TRUMP: I just packed the courts with loyal followers, and THEY say you can't impeach me...nani-nani-boo-boo!!!!

Congress; (begins impeachment proceedings). You were saying???
As you know, that is not my position at all.

You can’t argue against my actual positions so you set up a strawman and take a whack at it.

Very lame.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
As you know, that is not my position at all.

You can’t argue against my actual positions so you set up a strawman and take a whack at it.

Very lame.
your position is that even though NO ONE can do ANYTHING about how Congress operates internally, TRUMP will do something about how congress operates internally.

It's a stupid fvcking postion, and you're just fvcking stupid.

Bugsy McGurk

President
your position is that even though NO ONE can do ANYTHING about how Congress operates internally, TRUMP will do something about how congress operates internally.

It's a stupid fvcking postion, and you're just fvcking stupid.
Nope. That’s not it either.

I’m sure you know you’re just too dishonest for rational conversation. That seems to be your goal.