• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Dominating with the Bible

voyager

4Q2247365
Trump decides he's going to show the Governors how to do it and breaks up a peaceful protest at the White House with Flash bangs and Horsemen. Holding a Bible because HE is the chosen one. Real Christians were disgusted.

Trump-Bible.jpg

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
I'm a Roman Catholic (ie, real Christian), and I don't find it sacrilegious.

Opinions are like [Unwelcome language removed]. Everyone has one, and they all stink. The Op's is no more or less valid than his source material, or than mine.

Oh well.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
oSiRxJh.jpg

Remember - Trump teargassed the clergy there to make room for his photo op

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
View attachment 52559

1st post in the thread, and a lie. Typical. The teargas thing has already been debunked. Move along

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 52559

He didn't even go in the church. He didn't go there for prayer or worship. He went there to get his picture taken with a mean look on his face. It was a campaign event. The peaceful protestors there had as much right to be there as he did.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
1st post in the thread, and a lie. Typical. The teargas thing has already been debunked. Move along

"Sources say...." from fox news is not debunking. The people there and the clergy there were witnesses. Just because you wish something was true doesn't make it so.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member
"Sources say...." from fox news is not debunking. The people there and the clergy there were witnesses. Just because you wish something was true doesn't make it so.
so, 'un-named sources' are only acceptable when they support your narrative., got it.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
good stuff. desperate times.

Burning that church was sacrilege...

but, no matter...

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Real Christians were disgusted.
Real Christians were disgusted at his attempt to hide behind religion., but some were not disgusted, it seems.
They were praising Trump.

The Christians Who Loved Trump’s Stunt

He wielded the Bible like a foreign object, awkwardly adjusting his grip as though trying to get comfortable. He examined its cover. He held it up over his right shoulder like a crossing guard presenting a stop sign. He did not open it.

“Is that your Bible?” a reporter asked.

“It’s a Bible,” the president replied.

Even by the standards of Donald Trump’s religious photo ops, the dissonance was striking. Moments earlier, he had stood in the Rose Garden and threatened to unleash the military on unruly protesters. He used terms such as anarchy and domestic terror, and vowed to “dominate the streets.” To clear the way for his planned post-speech trip to St. John’s Church, police fired tear gas and rubber bullets into a crowd of peaceful demonstrators.

A few hours after the dystopian spectacle, I spoke on the phone with Robert Jeffress, a Dallas megachurch pastor and indefatigable Trump ally. He sounded almost gleeful.

“I thought it was completely appropriate for the president to stand in front of that church,” Jeffress told me. “And by holding up the Bible, he was showing us that it teaches that, yes, God hates racism, it’s despicable—but God also hates lawlessness.”

“So,” he added, “I’m happy.”

More Stories

In many ways, the president’s stunt last night—with its mix of shallow credal signaling and brutish force—was emblematic of his appeal to the religious right. As I’ve written before, most white conservative Christians don’t want piety from this president; they want power. In Trump, they see a champion who will restore them to their rightful place at the center of American life, while using his terrible swift sword to punish their enemies.
Read: This is how Trump wants to be seen

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
They had a right to be there too. They weren't breaking any laws.

voyager

4Q2247365
View attachment 52559

lmao, best image of the month and it's only the 2nd.

... oh yeah the topic... trump dominates with that Bible.

whew, for a minute there my post was going to be deleted.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
good to see all these faithful about to tell everyone what constitutes a good christian act..

in the midst of all this violence, destruction, looting, rioting.....you...being told what is or is not christian is just what is needed.

say.. was the church set on fire..again...?

:rolleyes::oops:

BobbyT

Governor
He didn't even go in the church. He didn't go there for prayer or worship. He went there to get his picture taken with a mean look on his face. It was a campaign event. The peaceful protestors there had as much right to be there as he did.
He disbursed peaceful Christian protesters using tear gas for a photo op. Once again Donald is doing everything he can to make things worse and increase division in the country. I honestly think he is being goaded by Miller to start the Boogaloo and his followers are itching to start indiscriminately shooting 'libs' and POC

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
It was a campaign event.
I agree... one that will make the history books. Trump got the image he wanted. That's what mattered the most to him.
All those guys surrounding him -- were surely there to see no harm came to Trump.
Trump would have stayed hidden inside if he had any doubts of being in danger.

BobbyT

Governor
good to see all these faithful about to tell everyone what constitutes a good christian act..

in the midst of all this violence, destruction, looting, rioting.....you...being told what is or is not christian is just what is needed.

say.. was the church set on fire..again...?

:rolleyes::oops:
I don't believe that teargassing clergy and peaceful persons exercising their first amendment right to protest is a good christian act. YMMV.