• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Donald Sterling is a senile old fart..for whom I don't feel...

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
the slightest sympathy. And...I seem to be the only one in the whole ding-dang world without a discouraging word to say about his mistress!

In any case.....the NBA and its owners punked all you do-gooders BIG time when they voted to force him to sell. The owners had it within their power to vote up or down on any sale he might consider. He gets desperate?...and gets an offer for $500 Million?...they could've voted it down......$400 Million?...they could've voted it down again....and eventually make him beg for mercy.

Instead, this oh-so special cohort voted to force him to sell and thereby...drive up the value - by hundreds of millions of dollars - ALL of their investments.
evidently, within the democrat party are some of the same senile members and they are Politicians on top of that, but, when they say in public what Sterling said in private....they aren't fined or punished in any form::

http://theblacksphere.net/2014/5/racists-never-called-racists

actually rewarded, re-elected and one so full of hypocrisy she thinks the 2016 election is already her victory ☻

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
the slightest sympathy. And...I seem to be the only one in the whole ding-dang world without a discouraging word to say about his mistress!

In any case.....the NBA and its owners punked all you do-gooders BIG time when they voted to force him to sell. The owners had it within their power to vote up or down on any sale he might consider. He gets desperate?...and gets an offer for $500 Million?...they could've voted it down......$400 Million?...they could've voted it down again....and eventually make him beg for mercy.

Instead, this oh-so special cohort voted to force him to sell and thereby...drive up the value - by hundreds of millions of dollars - ALL of their investments.
.I seem to be the only one in the whole ding-dang world without a discouraging word to say about his mistress!
Probably not many Democrats feel that illegally recording Sterling achieves a means to an end...no your probably not the only democratic who feels it's o.k. to violate the law...and that a person cannot have a right to free speech in his own home.

The question should be that since you are a member of the Democrats...and you voluntarily joined the Party of Slavery and Segregation...So now should I hold you to the same standard and take away all that you have worked for? You did joined the party that voted against 26 major civil rights bills 80 percent of the time since 1933...since the democratic party didn't support ending slavery and voted for Segregation, created the KKK....shouldn't you pay like Sterling? Now before you start denying culpability, which you will anyway.....you joined that party of your own accord with that racist history worse than any other party's history in this country....so should you lose everything by because your a democratic?.....So then based on that answer apply it to D. Sterling.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I think there might be a problem with selling though. His wife owns the team, too, and doesn't want to sell. So what then?
It's like a husband getting caught driving drunk and the wife gets a ticket also.........yeah, how they going to make her sell her 50%..........

NightSwimmer

Senator
evidently, within the democrat party are some of the same senile members and they are Politicians on top of that, but, when they say in public what Sterling said in private....they aren't fined or punished in any form::

http://theblacksphere.net/2014/5/racists-never-called-racists

actually rewarded, re-elected and one so full of hypocrisy she thinks the 2016 election is already her victory ☻

People have First Amendment rights to say whatever they please, within reason. They also have to live with the consequences of what they choose to say -- whatever those consequences may be.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
It's my understanding that per NBA "rules", minority partners don't really have much standing. If the majority owner is required to sell, the minority owners have no say.

For what it's worth, his wife isn't a 50/50 partner because of her alliance with Sterling. She actually owns her own share.
oh well............$500M her and Millions for playing round ball............and all the 'O' pay inequality.........what is what is..............most important in America these days.......maybe that's why others hate Americans so much?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
People have First Amendment rights to say whatever they please, within reason. They also have to live with the consequences of what they choose to say -- whatever those consequences may be.
he didn't scream FIRE in a movie theater..............when we can't freely say anything we wish to in our private homes.........we are not living in the land of the free any longer......welcome to U S of Communism...........'O' promised CHANGE.

Gramps

Mayor
Thanks, NS. I was just wondering. The ruling makes sense for obvious reasons. But isn't it a shame that his stupidity costs his family members, too. I wonder if he thinks about that.
The return on the original investment makes it difficult to say the family members are suffering.

gramps

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
he didn't scream FIRE in a movie theater..............when we can't freely say anything we wish to in our private homes.........we are not living in the land of the free any longer......welcome to U S of Communism...........'O' promised CHANGE.

sad but true...and the democratic thinks selling out your freedoms under the guise of racism will justify his/ her /it's actions.....remember these people voted for the Patriot act...and didn't repeal it.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
sad but true...and the democratic thinks selling out your freedoms under the guise of racism will justify his/ her /it's actions.....remember these people voted for the Patriot act...and didn't repeal it.
dem/libs think terrorist adore them and wouldn't cut their heads off also........

Wahbooz

Governor
But my question is, if she owns half and she doesn't want to sell, how can he sell? I'm wondering also if she'll end up with all of it.
Just read some of the responses, and looks like there's extenuating circumstances in the NBA rules.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
I get that he's a public figure, and has a representation of the league itself and all that.

But my goodness, I heard way more racist stuff every day when I worked in downtown Cleveland at a restaurant, amongst some members from the tight-knit group of black servers.. but they didn't even try to talk softly about it, and while it always struck me as odd, it seemed the norm for the black community to just smash "the white man" with every charge, slang, and malicious action.

And sure, it happens in white cliques too, probably in pockets everywhere, just like any other racial group. However, for the black community as a whole to "judge" Sterling? Ha!

gigi

Mayor
He had and still has the right to say what he wants where he wants. It was the media, not the government, that nailed him for speaking the way he did. And it was a business which included the people he was talking about, not the government, that decided they don't want him to be a part of them anymore.

I'm sure the girlfriend goaded him for the sake of one more big payout since his wife was suing her. But the words came out of his mouth.

Wahbooz

Governor
He had and still has the right to say what he wants where he wants. It was the media, not the government, that nailed him for speaking the way he did. And it was a business which included the people he was talking about, not the government, that decided they don't want him to be a part of them anymore.

I'm sure the girlfriend goaded him for the sake of one more big payout since his wife was suing her. But the words came out of his mouth.
Maybe and maybe not. From what I've heard this wasn't his first 'mistake'.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
And another thing....why do these men always trust the mistresses so much?
from title of top post...........
was Teddy K as Senile as Sterling............
was JFK.............
was Slick Willy..........
is RAHM...............................