• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Dr. Amar Bose...1929-2013

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
You may not have known that Bose was a man before it was a company. I worked for the man for a short while, selling his speakers and entertainment systems. His goal was to get the live sound of the concert hall into the living room...and the first Direct/Reflecting speaker, the Bose 901, was the result of his research. A well lived life...RIP Doctor Bose.

A nice pair...

awww.allegrosound.com_Bose_901V.jpg

A
mar G. Bose, the visionary engineer, inventor and billionaire entrepreneur whose namesake company, the Bose Corporation, became synonymous with high-quality audio systems and speakers for home users, auditoriums and automobiles, died on Friday at his home in Wayland, Mass. He was 83...

...In a 2004 interview in Popular Science magazine, he said: “I would have been fired a hundred times at a company run by M.B.A.’s. But I never went into business to make money. I went into business so that I could do interesting things that hadn’t been done before.”

A perfectionist and a devotee of classical music, Dr. Bose was disappointed by the inferior sound of a high-priced stereo system he purchased when he was an M.I.T. engineering student in the 1950s. His interest in acoustic engineering piqued, he realized that 80 percent of the sound experienced in a concert hall was indirect, meaning that it bounced off walls and ceilings before reaching the audience...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/13/business/amar-g-bose-acoustic-engineer-and-inventor-dies-at-83.html

NightSwimmer

Senator
May he rest in peace. I'm sure he meant well.

That said, when it comes to loudspeakers, size matters... And when it comes to boom boxes, $350.00 is a straight-up rip off. The Bose brand name in acoustical equipment will always remind me of the Emperor's New Clothes.

That's enough said about that. I hate to speak ill of the dead, but I have to be honest.