• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Dr Cornel West is running for President

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Dr Cornel West, intellectual, human rights activist and college professor is running for President 2024. He is running as a 3rd party candidate. I know he is a longshot, but I'm planning to vote for him.
One reason I'm voting for him is I think it's time we got away from the 2 party political system we have.
What do you all think of Dr West? And of the 3rd party idea?

protectionist

Governor
He seems like a well-meaning guy and I am with him on his liking Christianity and PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).

I was a supporter of him when he was in the Green Party (as I was too) and he supported Ralph Nader for president (whom I voted for twice). After that, and after 9/11, I became an independent, and West went loony left supporting Al Sharpton, and supporting weird causes.

He did level out though and supported John Kerry and Obama in 2008 (both of whom I voted for too).

Now, he's way too far left for me, as I am now a registered Republican, and I voted for Donald Trump 3 times, and will again in November.

Jack4freedom

Governor
He seems like a well-meaning guy and I am with him on his liking Christianity and PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).

I was a supporter of him when he was in the Green Party (as I was too) and he supported Ralph Nader for president (whom I voted for twice). After that, and after 9/11, I became an independent, and West went loony left supporting Al Sharpton, and supporting weird causes.

He did level out though and supported John Kerry and Obama in 2008 (both of whom I voted for too).

Now, he's way too far left for me, as I am now a registered Republican, and I voted for Donald Trump 3 times, and will again in November.
That swamp water must have permeated you brain. Dr West is a very intelligent and principled man. Trump is the opposite in every way.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Dr Cornel West, intellectual, human rights activist and college professor is running for President 2024. He is running as a 3rd party candidate. I know he is a longshot, but I'm planning to vote for him.
One reason I'm voting for him is I think it's time we got away from the 2 party political system we have.
A bunch of people voting for Nader in Florida instead of Al Gore in Florida foisted GW Bush on us for 8 years and three bloody, multi trillion dollar wars. I like Dr West but enough sane people voting for him instead of Biden could end up putting Trump and god knows who he’d pick for his cabinet in there. I’m sure I’d survive if Trump gets in but I’m pretty sure President Zelenskyy and millions of Ukrainians would be murdered in a Trump administration and the rest would be subjects to Putin for life. I support a free and independent Ukraine.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Trump is very intelligent and very patriotically principled. He loves America, unlike Biden who only loves himself.
Like I said, swamp water Bert. Trump cares nothing about America, only enriching himself and his brat kids. He has sold out America and cashed in at every turn.

protectionist

Governor
Like I said, swamp water Bert. Trump cares nothing about America, only enriching himself and his brat kids. He has sold out America and cashed in at every turn.
You just described Biden. Trump had billions before becoming president. He didn't need to "cash in"..that's what Biden has been doing.

The latest - Hur testified in a Senate hearing, that Biden got $8 million in a sale of classified documents.

Spamature

President
I hate to break it to you, but it's built to be a 2 party system.
How can you have 3 real competitors and still have 1 of them get to 270 electoral votes ? If you want three parties, look first to electing 3rd party members of congress. They're the ones who write the laws and allocate the funds, the president just signs off on what they pass. Voting 3rd party in a presidential election only takes a vote away from the major party candidate you liked most, or in this case, maybe the one you hated the least.

As for Dr West, my only question to him would be, why are you doing this now ?
Donald Trump has said he believes he has total immunity from prosecution for any act he commits as the President of the United States. Why are you not committed to the best available effort to prevent a man, whose lawyers will argue before the Supreme Court, that he could assassinate his political opponents from taking office ?

Last edited: