• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ever wonder why the Constitution didn't guarantee access to medical care?

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Consider the panoply of "things" we might describe as healthcare - from say, an emergency appendectomy to cosmetic liposuction. Having done that, consider how little of all that, American society would refuse to any American, regardless of their ability to pay for it.

THEN tell me healthcare isn't a right.
its not a right..
if it was, you would already have it..

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
If you were maybe 1/8th more clever than you seem to feel you are, this is the point at which you would broach the subject of the definition of the word "right". That this question doesn't even seem to occur to you, tells us pretty much all we need to know.

I will concede that there IS no overarching document, legislation, nor court ruling officially proclaiming healthcare a "right". And, I'll leave it at my concession.
from where do you obtain this elusive right...and can i get it?

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Laws derived from basic human rights -- whether or not they are verbosely delineated within the text of our Constitution.
like the right to bear arms
a right that preceeds the constitution

a basic human right to self preservation

you mean like that?

fairsheet

Senator
its not a right..
if it was, you would already have it..
I already DO have that right, as do all the lazy-assed, "self-entitled", miserable pieces of American shit that I suffer to know*.

The problem with you rightsters choosing to bray that healthcare is NOT a right, is that it epically fails your arguments about free-market solutions to our economy's healthcare cost issues. The Heritage Foundation of yore, understood this. Gov. Romney understood this. Yet now.....they're playing you saps for godamned fools, and you appear to lappin' up every morsel.

*should you slither to suggesting that I'M one of these pieces of shit, think in terms of how it might change your argument - or not.

fairsheet

Senator
like the right to bear arms
a right that preceeds the constitution

a basic human right to self preservation

you mean like that?
I should hint you that your 2nd argument isn't strong. IF the 2nd represents a "basic human right to self-preservation", wouldn't healthcare represent the same?

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Laws derived from basic human rights -- whether or not they are verbosely delineated within the text of our Constitution.
huh,,,,a right that has no name, no author, no written word describing its intent, but recognized by health ins. co. everywhere...
then why do we need obamacare if we already have it?

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
I already DO have that right, as do all the lazy-assed, "self-entitled", miserable pieces of American shit that I suffer to know*.

The problem with you rightsters choosing to bray that healthcare is NOT a right, is that it epically fails your arguments about free-market solutions to our economy's healthcare cost issues. The Heritage Foundation of yore, understood this. Gov. Romney understood this. Yet now.....they're playing you saps for godamned fools, and you appear to lappin' up every morsel.

*should you slither to suggesting that I'M one of these pieces of shit, think in terms of how it might change your argument - or not.
pompous ass,,,you lack the balls to admit your full of shit because you got no-where to go with it..keep running your mouth..keep digging that hole..what a putz..

give your drug induced rant to the ins, co. the next time you need a pap smear..
punk

NightSwimmer

Senator
huh,,,,a right that has no name, no author, no written word describing its intent, but recognized by health ins. co. everywhere...
then why do we need obamacare if we already have it?

Because I'm fed up with my insurance premiums going up like a skyrocket every year in order to pay for the medical care of deadbeats who choose to remain uninsured.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

trapdoor

Governor
If you were maybe 1/8th more clever than you seem to feel you are, this is the point at which you would broach the subject of the definition of the word "right". That this question doesn't even seem to occur to you, tells us pretty much all we need to know.

I will concede that there IS no overarching document, legislation, nor court ruling officially proclaiming healthcare a "right". And, I'll leave it at my concession.
OK, given that you've admitted it isn't an individual right -- do you think providing for it is a constitutional authority granted to the United States government. If so, where in the Constitution is that provision made.

I will add that it cannot reside in either the "promote the general welfare" nor the "levy taxes... to provide for the general welfare" clauses, as if that were the case there would have been nationalized health care by the 1890s.

trapdoor

Governor
Your premiums weren't increasing dramatically prior to 2008?

Now I know... Liar.
No, they weren't. I will stipulate that in 2007 I changed jobs and had to take a more expensive policy because the insurer I had been using didn't write policies in my new state -- but there was no huge spike in my new policy between 2007 and 2008.

NightSwimmer

Senator
"between 2007 and 2008"

Quite a history you have there. You should be able to make infinite extrapolations based upon that standard.

Liar? Maybe not.

Clueless? Definitely.

trapdoor

Governor
"between 2007 and 2008"

Quite a history you have there. You should be able to make infinite extrapolations based upon that standard.

Liar? Maybe not.

Clueless? Definitely.
Well, my point is that there was stability in 2008, 2009 and 2010 in my premiums, and then the last three years I've seen a sharp increase. Those three years also correspond to the years since the passage of Obamacare.