• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Fact -When the Civil War started, Lincoln asked Robert E Lee to lead all Union troops

middleview

President
Supporting Member
No one disputes the south approved of slavery. But so did the north. That's why lincoln asked Lee to lead his troops. And that's why we should not condemn Lee unless we condemn all americans from that time. THINK
Lee led an army with the intent of destroying the Union to preserve slavery...nobody else on you list did that. Lee's legacy would have been dramatically different if he'd accepted Lincoln's offer.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Lee sided with his state virginia. At the time people considered their state to be more their country than they considered the USA as their country. For lee to betray virginia would have been treason.
When he joined the army he swore an oath, which he violated when he joined the confederate army.

Boca

Governor
]
It was about slavery according to virtually every American on both sides at the time.
Obviously not Lincoln and he, like any other President, was the only one that counted when it came to starting a war. Had he actually thought it was about slavery he would have properly begun by freeing the slaves in the North and those of his father-in-law. Nope....his challenge, his mission was not about slavery it was about possible secession and holding the union together.

To do that he had to put down the insurrection. But, only being in office 3 weeks he knew it would be impossible to raise an army of 80.000 to leave home and go to war over something they knew little about. Nope this called for a false flag approach.

"Honest Abe" when asked by a southern delegation in Washington, told them he was sending supply ships to Fort Sumter. He didn't tell them he had already ordered 3 warships from New York to South Carolina and for them to stay well offshore out of sight. Confederate officials got wind of it from spies in New York.

General Beauregard, now aware of the warships offshore met with Major Anderson, Commander of Fort Sumter, asking his assurance that Charleston would not be attacked. He wouldn't give it...probably because he didn't know what orders would come down. Or he knew of Lincoln's plan.

That's the background. What follows is from a book written by my grandfather about his grandfather, my great-great grandfather

Benjamin Lucas I, my paternal grandfather, who had been educated in England, was joined by other gentlemen and they encamped in residences on Goat Island in the harbor to aid General Beauregard in defense of their city. Ocean traveling ships can be seen from the city's streets, the only port city so located

The shot "across the bow", recognized around the world as a challenge to "show your colors", or "identify your peaceful status" , which Beauregard fired was instead met by a fusillade of solid canon balls from Major Anderson , which started the war.

There you have the recital given me by men who could say" all of which I saw and part of which I was", as to who started the Civil War.
Perhaps the reporting of Fort Sumter being attacked by Confederate forces wasn't the first fake news ever written. While it's true Fort Sumter fell, it was only after Charleston was bombarded.

"Honest Abe" the warmonger then was able to get his army together and 650, 000 Americans died.

Last edited:

Spamature

President
So all these attacks on Trump for supposedly defending Robert E. Lee look pretty weak unless the critics also want to attack Lincoln.

The CW was NOT about slavery. The idea is preposterous - more media fake news that's been going on for 150 years . Along with the above fact it's also true that:

1. There were 4 UNION states (ky md de mo) that lincoln let practice slavery throughout the war. 300,000 black slaves combined in those states

2. There were many UNION generals that were slave owners throughout the war. Grant himself owned a slave and his wife owned a bunch of them.
All you're saying is that Lee was given a chance to side with his country and instead he betrayed it.

That is exactly what Traitor Trump did too.

EatTheRich

President
]

Obviously not Lincoln and he, like any other President, was the only one that counted when it came to starting a war. Had he actually thought it was about slavery he would have properly begun by freeing the slaves in the North and those of his father-in-law. Nope....his challenge, his mission was not about slavery it was about possible secession and holding the union together.

To do that he had to put down the insurrection. But, only being in office 3 weeks he knew it would be impossible to raise an army of 80.000 to leave home and go to war over something they knew little about. Nope this called for a false flag approach.

"Honest Abe" when asked by a southern delegation in Washington, told them he was sending supply ships to Fort Sumter. He didn't tell them he had already ordered 3 warships from New York to South Carolina and for them to stay well offshore out of sight. Confederate officials got wind of it from spies in New York.

General Beauregard, now aware of the warships offshore met with Major Anderson, Commander of Fort Sumter, asking his assurance that Charleston would not be attacked. He wouldn't give it...probably because he didn't know what orders would come down. Or he knew of Lincoln's plan.

That's the background. What follows is from a book written by my grandfather about his grandfather, my great-great grandfather

Benjamin Lucas I, my paternal grandfather, who had been educated in England, was joined by other gentlemen and they encamped in residences on Goat Island in the harbor to aid General Beauregard in defense of their city. Ocean traveling ships can be seen from the city's streets, the only port city so located

The shot "across the bow", recognized around the world as a challenge to "show your colors", or "identify your peaceful status" , which Beauregard fired was instead met by a fusillade of solid canon balls from Major Anderson , which started the war.

There you have the recital given me by men who could say" all of which I saw and part of which I was", as to who started the Civil War.
Perhaps the reporting of Fort Sumter being attacked by Confederate forces wasn't the first fake news ever written. While it's true Fort Sumter fell, it was only after Charleston was bombarded.

"Honest Abe" the warmonger then was able to get his army together and 650, 000 Americans died.

The goal of the rebels who started the war was a government RUN by the slave power. Lincoln represented manufacturers who didn’t necessarily want to destroy slavery but neither to let it maintain its stranglehold on the government.
Would you kill your neighbors or do the honorable thing and defend them. I think I know the answer.
Since Virginians were on both the pro-U.S. and the anti-U.S. sides of the war, Lee did kill his neighbors.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The South seceded because they viewed the North as hostile to slavery.
damn lie
The goal of the rebels who started the war was a government RUN by the slave power. Lincoln represented manufacturers who didn’t necessarily want to destroy slavery but neither to let it maintain its stranglehold on the government.

Since Virginians were on both the pro-U.S. and the anti-U.S. sides of the war, Lee did kill his neighbors.
Rebels didn't start the damn War, Yankees fired on Charleston...…….
Why were last slaves freed in the North years after Civil War?
Slave owners in the South were 4.8% white and 30% Black

Just because you live with a black doesn't make you an authority on the Civil War in Montana.

Black slaves owners treated their slaves worse than Japs treated POW's in WWII

You going to omit white Irish slaves that out numbered blacks?

Why aren't you worldly libs whining of slaves still in Africa and Mideast?

hypocrites is why

EatTheRich

President
damn lie

Rebels didn't start the damn War, Yankees fired on Charleston...…….
Why were last slaves freed in the North years after Civil War?
Slave owners in the South were 4.8% white and 30% Black

Just because you live with a black doesn't make you an authority on the Civil War in Montana.

Black slaves owners treated their slaves worse than Japs treated POW's in WWII

You going to omit white Irish slaves that out numbered blacks?

Why aren't you worldly libs whining of slaves still in Africa and Mideast?

hypocrites is why
The war started when the rebels fired on Ft. Sumter. The last slaves in the north were freed in 1865 (besides prison slavery, which continues to this day).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theroot.com/did-black-people-own-slaves-1790895436/amp <—- barely 1% of free Blacks owned slaves and less than 1% of slaves had Black owners.

Slavery is illegal in Africa and the Mideast thanks to leftist agitation.

Boca

Governor
The goal of the rebels who started the war
First lie.

Since Virginians were on both the pro-U.S. and the anti-U.S. sides of the war,...
Pure fabrication. In 1863 the Yankee minded split and West Virginia became sort of a sanctuary state for the warmonger in the White House.

Last edited:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
]

Funniest version yet...so it was really Ft Sumter's unprovoked attack on the thousands of surrounding confederate troops and their artillery that started the war...and not the secession of southern states that had started months before. Did you know that the garrison was 85 men?

Rebels attacked a supply ship attempting to make it's way to the fort in January 1861. Lincoln was sworn in March 4th.

Early in the morning of April 12th was when Beauregard open fire. The fort surrendered the next day.

Meanwhile you've offered nothing at all to refute the fact that secession was begun because the southern states anticipated that Lincoln would free the slaves...every single slave state, in their articles of secession, had that as the primary reason for secession.
Their other major gripe was that if a slave escaped to a northern state the law enforcement officials there would not assist in capturing and returning their property...which they saw as a violation of the constitution.

EatTheRich

President
First lie.

Pure fabrication. In 1863 the Yankee minded split and West Virginia became sort of a sanctuary state for the warmonger in the White House.
Sat

[/QUOTE]

What was the lie?

How is that demonstrating a fabrication rather than confirmation?