• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Fact: You will not get sick unless you ...

Jen

Senator
... get somebody's infected sputum in your mouth, nose, or eyes.

If absolutely everybody wore a surgical mask the chance somebody else's bodily fluids got inside of you would be greatly reduced to such a degree that those under 50 could get along with life (as long as they also regularly washed their hands)!!!

edit: How? By keeping that infected sputum from reaching the air or surfaces like a hankerchief put to a cough does.
One thing to remember:

Keep your hands away from your face.

That's the best piece of advice out there.

One thing to remember:

Keep your hands away from your face.

That's the best piece of advice out there.
I agree but if just about everyone wore a mask all the time out in public. The chances of your putting your infected hands to your face goes way down because your hands are far less likely to be infected since "everybody" is wearing a mask.

I believe that on basis they are both equally important. And if both were done your chances of getting sick would be virtually zero. We'd win easy.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
So now you're an infectious diseases expert.
It looks to me like resident evil is the one who was being the infectious disease expert. Why don’t you give her crap about it? Besides that she is full of it.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I agree but if just about everyone wore a mask all the time out in public. The chances of your putting your infected hands to your face goes way down because your hands are far less likely to be infected since "everybody" is wearing a mask.

I believe that on basis they are both equally important. And if both were done your chances of getting sick would be virtually zero. We'd win easy.
and be sure while wearing mask to not touch any surface...….doorknob, grocery cart, handrail, etc

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
It looks to me like resident evil is the one who was being the infectious disease expert. Why don’t you give her crap about it? Besides that she is full of it.
Why do you only come looking for a fight?

I'm wearing my halloween mask.
Kind of a sick thought that from day to day you are putting somebody elses spit into your body and some of it could be coming from a dirt floor kitchen in China cooking up some puke stew. Nasty ass thought really. It also puts a non-monogamous lifestyle in even higher resolution, doesn't it. ha ha

EatTheRich

President
1. You don't think a mask would keep @Bugsy McGurk 's infected sputum from landing on surfaces? Saving me from touching that surface and then rubbing my eyes and getting infected?

2. Masks worn by everyboy keeps sputum from getting in the air or on surfaces.

3. You can make surgical masks at home by sewing them up from old sheets.

View attachment 49577
All it takes is aerosol droplets from your exhalation to infect a surface for hours or days.

EatTheRich

President
Oh, so this is like measles then? Is that what you're claiming?
This is not nearly as contagious as measles. Measles has a basic reproduction number of about 15, for Covid-19 it is about 2.8. But, yes, COVId-19 does spread through the air with a range of about 6 feet.

This is not nearly as contagious as measles. Measles has a basic reproduction number of about 15, for Covid-19 it is about 2.8. But, yes, COVId-19 does spread through the air with a range of about 6 feet.
They've tested the air in a Wuhan Virus patients' rooms. It is a vacuum with a filter that draws air through it. That filter is then washed and the virus collected is amplified and measured.

Guess what they found? Guess? No SARS-Cov-2.

For other people's sake ETR wear at least a homemade surgical mask.

Last edited: