• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Fauci lets the mask slip, so to speak...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
He went of Fox News, which was a big mistake for a guy who is used to being coddled by the adoring MSM, and promptly admits that the travel ban is...wait for it...political theater. Cavuto asked him about the travel ban and the fact that cases are already cropping up in the US and Fauci forgot to lie. Instead, he told Neal that there is no way a travel ban will stop the virus from spreading. No shit Sherlock!

So the travel ban is merely designed to make it look like the government is doing something, even though it is fruitless. So what about new "lockdowns?" They aren't even being considered, because they obviously didn't work in the past and no politician is going to advocate for something people don't want that so obviously doesn't work.

The vaccines? We already know they aren't keeping people from getting (or spreading) the disease.:

Moderna boss warns against Omicron vaccine struggle (Update) (medicalxpress.com)

So what about the additional mask mandates? Yeah, they don't work either:

Oxford Professor: Official Data Shows Face Masks "Made No Meaningful Difference" To Infection Rates | ZeroHedge

None of it has made any difference, and Fauci knows it.

Fauci Said Masks 'Not Really Effective in Keeping Out Virus,' Email Reveals (msn.com)

Last edited:

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
He went of Fox News, which was a big mistake for a guy who is used to being coddled by the adoring MSM, and promptly admits that the travel ban is...wait for it...political theater. Cavuto asked him about the travel ban and the fact that cases are already cropping up in the US and Fauci forgot to lie. Instead, he told Neal that there is no way a travel ban will stop the virus from spreading. No shit Sherlock!

So the travel ban is merely designed to make it look like the government is doing something, even though it is fruitless. So what about new "lockdowns?" They aren't even being considered, because they obviously didn't work in the past and no politician is going to advocate for something people don't want that so obviously doesn't work.

The vaccines? We already know they aren't keeping people from getting (or spreading) the disease.:

Moderna boss warns against Omicron vaccine struggle (Update) (medicalxpress.com)

Oxford Professor: Official Data Shows Face Masks "Made No Meaningful Difference" To Infection Rates | ZeroHedge

Fauci Said Masks 'Not Really Effective in Keeping Out Virus,' Email Reveals (msn.com)
Yes that's correct, but if there's more to it than that according to the articles isn't there?

It does help limit the spread to some degree from people who are infected. It does help limit the spread of gross droplets when people sneeze and so forth. There is some merit to wearing them in congregate settings especially among people whose status you don't know. Generally speaking in limits or slows the transit of particulate matter when people are talking near one another. And so on

Raoul_Luke

Yes that's correct, but if there's more to it than that according to the articles isn't there?

It does help limit the spread to some degree from people who are infected. It does help limit the spread of gross droplets when people sneeze and so forth. There is some merit to wearing them in congregate settings especially among people whose status you don't know. Generally speaking in limits or slows the transit of particulate matter when people are talking near one another. And so on
None of that is borne out by the, you know, science.

What "helps?" Masks? Those "gross droplets" are saturating the mask and then the person is breathing out through it all day long. Would you even consider the possibility that might actually INCREASE aerosolized viral particles?

I'll just defer to Martin Kulldorff:

Martin Kulldorff on Twitter: "Odd that mask advocates are excited by this study. As a vaccine advocate, I would be horrified if a vaccine trial showed 11% efficacy. Based on the 95% confidence intervals, we do not even know if surgical mask efficacy is more than 0%." / Twitter

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
None of that is borne out by the, you know, science.

What "helps?" Masks? Those "gross droplets" are saturating the mask and then the person is breathing out through it all day long. Would you even consider the possibility that might actually INCREASE aerosolized viral particles?

I'll just defer to Martin Kulldorff:

Martin Kulldorff on Twitter: "Odd that mask advocates are excited by this study. As a vaccine advocate, I would be horrified if a vaccine trial showed 11% efficacy. Based on the 95% confidence intervals, we do not even know if surgical mask efficacy is more than 0%." / Twitter
You can refer to whoever you want to, I'm going to refer to reality.
First of all are you saying you're walking around all day long in the same mask dripping and saturated? Or are you saying health issues from any or so bad that they slobber into their masks to the point of saturation?
Change your mask. Problem solved

I'll stick with the reality which is everybody's wearing a mask spread is decreased. I won't argue that it may not be 100% efficacious, it's not. But that isn't really the point nobody claimed it was

Bugsy McGurk

President

hee hee…Fauci “promptly admits that the travel ban is...wait for it...political theater”?

You tell the funniest winger whoppers.

;-)

Raoul_Luke

You can refer to whoever you want to, I'm going to refer to reality.
First of all are you saying you're walking around all day long in the same mask dripping and saturated? Or are you saying health issues from any or so bad that they slobber into their masks to the point of saturation?
Change your mask. Problem solved

I'll stick with the reality which is everybody's wearing a mask spread is decreased. I won't argue that it may not be 100% efficacious, it's not. But that isn't really the point nobody claimed it was
Except that's not the reality. Masks have been worn pretty much for a year and a half now and we still have waves of infections happening. You can believe it if you want, but don't call it "reality." It is simply your belief. No one is assailing the "science" behind masking because it is less than 100% effective, they are doing so because the "studies" are quite simply gaslighting.

The fact is that the research behind masking is rather shaky. The "study" Kulldorff was referring to was the "huge" Bangladesh experiment with "over 400,000 participants. They finally released their data and, surprise the number of additional infections in the control group was...wait for it...20.

Study on Effectiveness of Masks Facing Criticism (humanevents.com)

Here is the science:

Mask mandate and use efficacy for COVID-19 containment in US States | medRxiv

You are entitled to your own beliefs, but you are not entitled to your own facts...

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Except that's not the reality. Masks have been worn pretty much for a year and a half now and we still have waves of infections happening. You can believe it if you want, but don't call it "reality." It is simply your belief. No one is assailing the "science" behind masking because it is less than 100% effective, they are doing so because the "studies" are quite simply gaslighting.

The fact is that the research behind masking is rather shaky. The "study" Kulldorff was referring to was the "huge" Bangladesh experiment with "over 400,000 participants. They finally released their data and, surprise the number of additional infections in the control group was...wait for it...20.

Here is the science:

You are entitled to your own beliefs, but you are not entitled to your own facts...
I guess everyone can pull a study or an article off of the internet and call it gospel. I'm sure we can find studies that show middling efficacy, Superior efficacy, no efficacy, and everywhere in between efficacy. To each their own

Me I'll stick with reality which is that masking to some degree offers protection especially where in close quarters, that doesn't mean 100%, doesn't mean 0% but it does mean some percent, and that's all right by me

Bugsy McGurk

President

Here is the science:

Just curious - have you tried to convince the doctors and nurses of the world that their use of masks in OR’s and other medical settings does no good?

They might be impressed by an internet hack’s opinion, no?

;-)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Just curious - have you tried to convince the doctors and nurses of the world that their use of masks in OR’s and other medical settings does no good?

;-)
YouYOU… referencing anyone else as “internet hack” is as outrageously hypocritical as any single thing can possibly be.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

;-)
You are correct...Thank God masks ended the 'Rona.

Raoul_Luke

;-)
I have no problem with other people CHOOSING to wear masks. What I DO have a problem with is you pinheads who think mask mandates work FORCING me to wear a mask (based on bullsh*t gaslight "studies").

Masks DO NOT Protect Anyone – Even In Operating Rooms! – Weekly Geo-Political News and Analysis (benjaminfulford.net)

Surgeon Destroys Myth: ‘If Masks Don’t Work, Why Do Surgeons Wear Them?’ | CNSNews

Unmasking the surgeons: the evidence base behind the use of facemasks in surgery (nih.gov)

LOL!

Bugsy McGurk

President
As always, your dodge is noted.

Raoul_Luke

I guess everyone can pull a study or an article off of the internet and call it gospel. I'm sure we can find studies that show middling efficacy, Superior efficacy, no efficacy, and everywhere in between efficacy. To each their own

Me I'll stick with reality which is that masking to some degree offers protection especially where in close quarters, that doesn't mean 100%, doesn't mean 0% but it does mean some percent, and that's all right by me
If only you Karens would settle for "to each their own." Instead, you demand we all accept your "studies" that show "efficacy" even when they are demonstrable gaslighting (like the Bangledesh "study").

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
If only you Karens would settle for "to each their own." Instead, you demand we all accept your "studies" that show "efficacy" even when they are demonstrable gaslighting (like the Bangledesh "study").
You seem to have a comprehension issue. I think I've stated several times in this thread and elsewhere that I could give a shit what you do. That's precisely not a karen. I could give a flying doodad what the hell you do

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
As an aside, studies show the Trump lost the election, but then again that doesn't seem to stop gaslighting from the Karen's on that side of the aisle huh?

Bugsy McGurk

President
And by "dodge" you mean "obliterated your post with facts." You aren't fooling anyone with your insipid "your dodge is noted" drivel. You are hands down the Board's most prolific driveler.
You don’t “obliterate” anybody by dodging and confirming how sociopathic you are. It is typical winger sociopathy - you think your own interests are the only interests in play when it comes to mask usage. The interests of others doesn’t even enter your mind.

Deplorable, needless to say.