• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Fauci lets the mask slip, so to speak...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
As an aside, studies show the Trump lost the election, but then again that doesn't seem to stop gaslighting from the Karen's on that side of the aisle huh?
By supporting the (unproven) "masks work" bullsh*t, you tacitly support the leftist position that everyone be made to wear them out of collectivist concern for "others."

Just like supporting the "Joe won fair and square" narrative tacitly supports the left's efforts to control the political process through control of the electoral process.

Even if he garnered enough votes to win (and I have my doubts), the idea that is was a 'fair" election is ridiculous. After democrats hammering Trump for his entire time in office over completely (proven) false allegations of "Russian interference on his behalf in 2016," and two completely fabricated impeachment trials, and a media that almost uniformly pounded a false narrative of Trump as a corrupt "white supremiscist," they simultaneously protected Biden from any criticism, coddled him with softball questions to keep from exposing his cognitive decline, and even went so far as to (falsely) label Hunter's laptop revelations of corruption "Russian disinformation," the suggestion that Joe won "fair and square" is a grotesque distortion.

You keep supporting the lefty narratives and pretty soon you expose yourself as a lefty.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
By supporting the (unproven) "masks work" bullsh*t, you tacitly support the leftist position that everyone be made to wear them out of collectivist concern for "others."

Just like supporting the "Joe won fair and square" narrative tacitly supports the left's efforts to control the political process through control of the electoral process.

Even if he garnered enough votes to win (and I have my doubts), the idea that is was a 'fair" election is ridiculous. After democrats hammering Trump for his entire time in office over completely (proven) false allegations of "Russian interference on his behalf in 2016," and two completely fabricated impeachment trials, and a media that almost uniformly pounded a false narrative of Trump as a corrupt "white supremiscist," they simultaneously protected Biden from any criticism, coddled him with softball questions to keep from exposing his cognitive decline, and even went so far as to (falsely) label Hunter's laptop revelations of corruption "Russian disinformation," the suggestion that Joe won "fair and square" is a grotesque distortion.

You keep supporting the lefty narratives and pretty soon you expose yourself as a lefty.
No, you missed it earlier..I said I could care less what you do. I'll continue to wear a mask as necessary.

I agree that they overplayed the Trump thing..too much shrieking and hystrionics. It's absense now is jarring and reminds the voter what disingenuous nonsense we're dealing with

Bugsy McGurk

President

I like driving like a maniac while drunk as a skunk. 120 mph feels like crawling to me and it’s just not a challenge unless I’m hammered. I hate the speeding laws and DUI laws and their “collectivist concern for others.” Those laws should be repealed.

You with me?

Raoul_Luke

I like driving like a maniac while drunk as a skunk. 120 mph feels like crawling to me and it’s just not a challenge unless I’m hammered. I hate the speeding laws and DUI laws and their “collectivist concern for others.” Those laws should be repealed.

You with me?
I can guarantee you that I drive way better drunk as a skunk as you do sober. Maybe you should just stop driving altogether.

Raoul_Luke

No, you missed it earlier..I said I could care less what you do. I'll continue to wear a mask as necessary.

I agree that they overplayed the Trump thing..too much shrieking and hystrionics. It's absense now is jarring and reminds the voter what disingenuous nonsense we're dealing with
And you missed me saying that your positions on masks and the 2020 election are enabling the mask mandate, election meddling efforts of the left wing. What you "agree" with is irrelevant wrt that.

God of War

Governor

Sorry, I know this sucks, but on what basis do you say masks don't work.

God of War

Governor
@Raoul_Luke

This is an interesting article that really gets to the point on the amount of viral inoculum being determinative of the degree of disease experienced.
-------------------------------------------------
Not a new idea

The idea that viral dose, also known as viral inoculum, determines the degree of illness is not new, said Gandhi. Descriptions of a dose-mortality curve—how much of a virus is needed to cause death in an animal—were first published in 1938. And after all, the earliest vaccines, which were documented in 16th century China, involved exposing someone to a small amount of smallpox virus to induce mild illness and subsequent immunity.

A small number viral particles is more likely to be quelled by the immune system before they can proliferate, said Gandhi.

Researchers have studied dose dependency experimentally with other viral infections, like the flu. In a study with healthy volunteers, those who received a higher dose of the influenza A virus developed more severe symptoms.

Because the new coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, is potentially lethal, experiments on masking and disease severity have been necessarily limited to animals. In a hamster study, a surgical mask partition between the cages of infected and uninfected hamsters significantly cut COVID-19 transmission. Fewer hamsters caught the virus and those that did showed milder symptoms.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
And you missed me saying that your positions on masks and the 2020 election are enabling the mask mandate, election meddling efforts of the left wing. What you "agree" with is irrelevant wrt that.
Well..maybe.. with the exception of the reality of biden's victory and no meddling

God of War

Governor
@Raoul_Luke

If you're relying on the Denmark study you have rather interesting counter point to what the study is alleged to have demonstrated.

What the study didn't find taking its results at face value alone. This is the highlight but the full article fleshes it out a little bit better.
--------------------------------
What it didn’t find
The study did not ask what happens if most people around you are wearing masks and you choose not to. (Mask wearing was uncommon in Denmark at the time.)

The study did not ask what happens if you go about your life, shopping and socializing, without a mask. (Denmark was in lockdown during most of the study.)

The study did not test a country-wide mask mandate (again, there was none).

The study did not test whether masks prevent you from spreading the coronavirus if you are sick. (It only looked at the infection risk for the wearer.)

The study did not test masks directly, only what happens when you advise people to wear them. (As Vinay Prasad wrote in MedPage Today, “A cake is both the batter and the temperature of the oven, and a public health recommendation is both the recommendation itself and whether people follow it.” This study did not separate the two.)

As the CDC recently clarified, we have other evidence that masks probably benefit the wearer. The Danish study adds to our knowledge by telling us not to expect masks to have a huge benefit for the wearer. It also serves to remind us that people don’t always follow recommendations; participants in the study had to report whether they wore the masks as recommended and only about half said that they had followed instructions exactly.

“It is not correct to say that masks failed, or are useless, based on this study,” Meyerowitz-Katz says. He points out that mask mandates might still have a “great benefit to society” even if the benefit to any individual is small. We kind of already knew that, didn’t we? Keep wearing your mask.

Raoul_Luke

@Raoul_Luke

If you're relying on the Denmark study you have rather interesting counter point to what the study is alleged to have demonstrated.

What the study didn't find taking its results at face value alone. This is the highlight but the full article fleshes it out a little bit better.
--------------------------------
What it didn’t find
The study did not ask what happens if most people around you are wearing masks and you choose not to. (Mask wearing was uncommon in Denmark at the time.)

The study did not ask what happens if you go about your life, shopping and socializing, without a mask. (Denmark was in lockdown during most of the study.)

The study did not test a country-wide mask mandate (again, there was none).

The study did not test whether masks prevent you from spreading the coronavirus if you are sick. (It only looked at the infection risk for the wearer.)

The study did not test masks directly, only what happens when you advise people to wear them. (As Vinay Prasad wrote in MedPage Today, “A cake is both the batter and the temperature of the oven, and a public health recommendation is both the recommendation itself and whether people follow it.” This study did not separate the two.)

As the CDC recently clarified, we have other evidence that masks probably benefit the wearer. The Danish study adds to our knowledge by telling us not to expect masks to have a huge benefit for the wearer. It also serves to remind us that people don’t always follow recommendations; participants in the study had to report whether they wore the masks as recommended and only about half said that they had followed instructions exactly.

“It is not correct to say that masks failed, or are useless, based on this study,” Meyerowitz-Katz says. He points out that mask mandates might still have a “great benefit to society” even if the benefit to any individual is small. We kind of already knew that, didn’t we? Keep wearing your mask.

I'm not - there's any number of studies that show masks have little, if any, effect on transmission of viruses. The simple fact is that the virus particles are way too small to be effectively caught in a cloth (or even a surgical) mask. Fauci himself (astutely) said that people should not be wearing masks, back in the early days, before it became a way for the left to exert permanent control over the population.

Raoul_Luke

Well..maybe.. with the exception of the reality of biden's victory and no meddling
So it wasn't "meddling" for the media to effectively turn the Hunter Biden laptop sleaze into "Russian disinformation" prior to the election?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
So it wasn't "meddling" for the media to effectively turn the Hunter Biden laptop sleaze into "Russian disinformation" prior to the election?
I guess the first question would be what does he have to do with anything election related? And wasn't everything Russian disinformation?

It is kind of odd how Russian disinformation dropped off the face of the earth once the election completed.

Raoul_Luke

@Raoul_Luke

This is an interesting article that really gets to the point on the amount of viral inoculum being determinative of the degree of disease experienced.
-------------------------------------------------
Not a new idea

The idea that viral dose, also known as viral inoculum, determines the degree of illness is not new, said Gandhi. Descriptions of a dose-mortality curve—how much of a virus is needed to cause death in an animal—were first published in 1938. And after all, the earliest vaccines, which were documented in 16th century China, involved exposing someone to a small amount of smallpox virus to induce mild illness and subsequent immunity.

A small number viral particles is more likely to be quelled by the immune system before they can proliferate, said Gandhi.

Researchers have studied dose dependency experimentally with other viral infections, like the flu. In a study with healthy volunteers, those who received a higher dose of the influenza A virus developed more severe symptoms.

Because the new coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, is potentially lethal, experiments on masking and disease severity have been necessarily limited to animals. In a hamster study, a surgical mask partition between the cages of infected and uninfected hamsters significantly cut COVID-19 transmission. Fewer hamsters caught the virus and those that did showed milder symptoms.

Wait, what? They have determined that the plexiglass partitions that went up everywhere did nothing at best, and possibly made things worse:

Does Plexiglass Prevent Covid Spread? - Bloomberg

Why Anti-Covid Plastic Barriers May Make Things Worse - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Plexiglass can be 'counterproductive' to proper COVID-19 ventilation, experts say | CBC News

And you expect me to believe a "surgical mask" did for hamsters what solid plastic could not do for, you know, actual people?

God of War

Governor
I'm not - there's any number of studies that show masks have little, if any, effect on transmission of viruses.
So an N95 mask does not affect transmission of viruses at all?

The simple fact is that the virus particles are way too small to be effectively caught in a cloth (or even a surgical) mask.
How many virus particles does it take to get infected? Do you get infected by single particles dryly traveling in the air? How well does a virus survive singly and in a dry state floating in the air? Or does an infecting dose of virus innoculum float in a unit of moisture much bigger than the virus?

Fauci himself (astutely) said that people should not be wearing masks, back in the early days, before it became a way for the left to exert permanent control over the population.
I don't think people are complaining against the mask out of a not wanting to be controlled thing. I think it is a discomfort issue. Telling them they don't work validates their desire not to wear them.

HOW EFFECTIVELY YOU WEAR A MASK DETERMINES IF THEY WORK OR NOT.

Mask's don't work for low IQ people and they do for high IQ people. That's the boil down.

God of War

Governor
Wait, what? They have determined that the plexiglass partitions that went up everywhere did nothing at best, and possibly made things worse:

Does Plexiglass Prevent Covid Spread? - Bloomberg

Why Anti-Covid Plastic Barriers May Make Things Worse - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Plexiglass can be 'counterproductive' to proper COVID-19 ventilation, experts say | CBC News

And you expect me to believe a "surgical mask" did for hamsters what solid plastic could not do for, you know, actual people?
It's a valid experimental result. You should ask if the hamster experiment used a plexiglass partition as a control. But...

Raoul_Luke

So an N95 mask does not affect transmission of viruses at all?

How many virus particles does it take to get infected? Do you get infected by single particles dryly traveling in the air? How well does a virus survive singly and in a dry state floating in the air? Or does an infecting dose of virus innoculum float in a unit of moisture much bigger than the virus?

I don't think people are complaining against the mask out of a not wanting to be controlled thing. I think it is a discomfort issue. Telling them they don't work validates their desire not to wear them.

HOW EFFECTIVELY YOU WEAR A MASK DETERMINES IF THEY WORK OR NOT.

Mask's don't work for low IQ people and they do for High IQ people. That's the boil down.
Not exactly:

Masks DO NOT Protect Anyone – Even In Operating Rooms! – Weekly Geo-Political News and Analysis (benjaminfulford.net)

Surgeon Destroys Myth: ‘If Masks Don’t Work, Why Do Surgeons Wear Them?’ | CNSNews

Unmasking the surgeons: the evidence base behind the use of facemasks in surgery (nih.gov)

I would assume medical personnel would be the ones who a) know how to properly wear masks and b) have the most to lose from not doing so properly.

Yet even in a hospital setting the "science" behind masking a sketchy.