• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Favorite Music

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
The 50s/60s radio station started playing this oldie. I couldn't figure out the percussion instrument. It wasn't a cowbell, triangle, or cymbal so I did some research.

It was a metal ashtray. How cool is that?

Wahbooz

Governor
These performances aren't old, but the songs have been around a long time. The first one was a classic from Les Miserables. Patti LaBelle and Michael McDowell are amazing in this rendition, Both performances were done on opposite coasts, but the flats were both set up with the same decor to cement the connection.

The next one also goes back a long ways. I remember when Sam Cooke sang this one. Brian Owens and his father's cover of a classic. Every time I hear it, the tears flow. Over 70+ years, and still remember what this life has been like. We never completely forget our roots. No matter how successful you become, people still look down their noses at you, and you're still waiting for that change.

Wahbooz

Governor
The 50s/60s radio station started playing this oldie. I couldn't figure out the percussion instrument. It wasn't a cowbell, triangle, or cymbal so I did some research.

It was a metal ashtray. How cool is that?
Hahaha, my buddy and I got detention for singing this in study hall. No sense of humor.