• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Favorite Music

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Me too. Have you listened to Garfunkel’s solo stuff?
I believe that's the first time ever. The melody sounds somewhat like a nursery rhyme tune. JMO. :) It's a catchy and cute song, just the same.

Willie works as the garden man;
He plants trees, he burns leaves,
He makes money for himself.
Often I stop with his words on my mind.
Do spacemen pass dead souls on their way to the moon?

Wahbooz

Governor
I guess I can't help myself, just have to post this one.

There's also a book, for anyone interested, written by Lt Lewis B Puller Jr., son of Lt. Gen Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC. Just a bit of info on Lt Puller. Many died during the Vietnam War, but didn't succumb til years later. Lt. Puller took his own life in 1994.

Lewis Burwell Puller Jr. was the son of Lt. General Lewis "Chesty" Puller, the most decorated Marine in the history of the U.S. Marine Corps. He followed in his father's footsteps and became a Marine officer.

Puller graduated high school from Christchurch School in Christchurch, Virginia, in 1963 and from the College of William and Mary in 1967.[2] He received orders to South Vietnam in July 1968, where he served as an Infantry Platoon Commander for three months. On October 11, 1968, his rifle jammed during an engagement with North Vietnamese troops; Puller was wounded when he tripped a booby-trapped howitzer round, losing his right leg at the hip, his left leg above the knee, his left hand and most of his fingers on his right hand in the explosion.[2]

The shell riddled his body with shrapnel, and he lingered near death for days with his weight dropping to 55 pounds, but he survived. Puller later recalled the first time his father saw him in the hospital. He described how his father broke down weeping and that hurt him more than any of his physical injuries. Those who knew him say that it was primarily because of his iron will and his stubborn refusal to die that he survived. He was medically discharged from the Marine Corps. He was awarded the Silver Star Medal, the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, two Purple Heart Medals, and the Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross for his service in the Marine Corps.[3]