• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

FBI probe of Ames/NASA tech leaks stonewalled by US Government.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/22/nasa-missile-defense-tech-leaked-to-china-sources-say/?test=latestnews

Courtesy of Fox News via Drudgereport.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't normally do this, but I'll go ahead and post the article in it's entirety since it appears that elements within the Government have even gone so far as to "c-o-c-k block" the FBI. Yeh, you didn't know that was possible did ya???????

Got a problem? F(x)ing sue me!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this the benefit of the NWO? Communists in the US Government run amok? Sinophiles? Or is this just a case of industrial espionage at it's worst???? YOU MAKE THE CALL!!!!!

Just when you thought life couldn't get any worse someone is selling America's ass on the open market.

I report, you decide.

Cordially,

Wookiee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Jeremy A Kaplan and Judson Berger published February 22, 2013 Fox News
A four-year FBI investigation into the transfer of classified weapons technology to China and other countries from NASA’s Ames Research Center is being stonewalled by government officials, sources tell FoxNews.com.
Documents obtained by FoxNews.com, which summarize these and other allegations and were given to congressional sources last week by a whistle-blower, described how a “secret grand jury” was to be convened in February 2011 to hear testimony from informants in the case, including a senior NASA engineer. But federal prosecutor Gary Fry was removed from the case, which was then transferred from one office in the Northern District of California to another where, according to the documents, “this case now appears to be stalled.”
“The information is staggering,” the whistle-blower told FoxNews.com.
A Justice Department spokesman on Thursday told FoxNews.com it “does not comment on grand jury proceedings,” as a matter of longstanding policy. Fry, reached for comment late Thursday, also would not confirm or deny the claim.
'When I mentioned the tech that was compromised to the Armed Services Committee, their jaws just dropped.'​
- Congressional source

The claims originate with several past and current NASA employees concerned with the systemic leak of highly sensitive information relating to missile defense systems, as well as what they call a troubled investigation into the leak.
The documents claim the FBI has been working with other agencies since 2009 on an investigation into foreign nationals working at Ames. This follows allegations by two Republican lawmakers earlier this month that the U.S. attorney’s office in the Northern California district was ultimately denied by the Justice Department when it tried to proceed with indictments.
Melinda Haag, the U.S. attorney for the Northern District of California, denied claims her office was blocked in trying to proceed with the case.
“I am aware of allegations our office sought authority from DOJ in Washington, D.C. to bring charges in a particular matter and that our request was denied,” she said in a written statement. “Those allegations are untrue. No such request was made and no such denial was received.”
Yet two members of Congress, Reps. Frank Wolf, R-Va., and Lamar Smith, R-Texas, said in a statement to FoxNews.com that Haag’s denial “conflicts with information we have received from federal law enforcement sources,” and added “we hope that the DOJ Inspector General will take our request seriously.” The lawmakers had requested, via letter, an IG investigation.
Rob Storch, a spokesman for the DOJ inspector general’s office, confirmed to FoxNews.com the office received the letter from Wolf and Smith. “We’re evaluating (the letter),” he said.
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Ames Research Center has been a center of high tech innovation for more than 60 years. As the space agency’s mission has changed over the years since it was built, NASA has turned it into a commercial research facility, leasing out space to a number of companies including rocket firm SpaceX and tech giant Google, which leases 42 acres there through a holding company called Planetary Ventures.
The accusations stem from a reported violation of the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), which governs the export of defense weaponry. In 2006, Ames adapted specialized rocket engines -- originally developed for the Pentagon missile defense “Kinetic Kill Vehicle” program -- for a moon lander prototype that ultimately became NASA’s Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE). The robotic moon orbiter is set to launch on Aug. 12, 2013.
Information on guidance and terrain-mapping systems from the Tomahawk cruise missile and a radar from the F-35 were also shared, according to one report in Aviation Week.
"When I mentioned the tech that was compromised to the Armed Services Committee, their jaws just dropped," a congressional source told FoxNews.com.
The sources allege that Ames Center Director Simon P. “Pete” Worden and Will Marshall, a British citizen, shared that moon lander project - and the missile defense technology – with individuals from foreign countries including China, South Korea and Saudi Arabia.
“Will Marshall in particular had demonstrated far too great an interest in locating U.S. spy satellites, giving interviews to Chinese and American newspapers on curtailing U.S. space security,” reads a document that was purportedly given to the FBI. Marshall could not be reached for comment by FoxNews.com.
The document claims foreign nationals, under the direction of Worden, were since 2006 brought in to work on space flight projects, without the proper export control licenses. Further, the document claims they were planning to share technology with the Chinese and other countries through the International Space University.
The document also charges the Department of Homeland Security “intercepted” Marshall at the San Francisco airport, and “confiscated” his NASA-issued computer, suggesting it contained sensitive information.
“Foreign nationals had access to technology and even brought foreign visitors in to see it. Three left the country and talked about the technology,” congressional sources told FoxNews.com. “The case was referred to the U.S. attorney – it’s a clear violation of ITAR.”
A NASA engineer was subpoenaed to testify before a secret grand jury in February 2011 in San Jose, according to the documents. But the attorney assigned to the case – Gary Fry -- was removed at the last minute, before the case was transferred to another office within Haag’s district. Fry still works out of the San Jose office.
NASA headquarters deferred questions to the Department of Justice. The Justice Department headquarters also declined to comment to FoxNews.com.
But Worden told FoxNews.com the accusations are “rubbish.”
“I take very seriously our responsibility to safeguard sensitive information. I say this unambiguously — I have not, would not, and could not impede a law enforcement investigation. To the best of my knowledge I am not the subject of a current investigation,” he said in a statement.
On Feb. 8, Reps. Wolf and Smith sent letters to the Justice Department inspector general and the director of the FBI regarding the allegedly illegal movement of this crucial technology. Wolf chairs the House Appropriations Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies subcommittee. Smith heads the House Science, Space and Technology Committee.
The letters allege the FBI had uncovered the ITAR violations, and the U.S. attorney was prepared to issue indictments. But it says the case has been stalled for more than a year, agents in the case were reassigned, and the statute of limitations on the violations is already beginning to expire.
“It is our understanding that this illegal technology transfer may have involved classified Defense Department weapons system technology to foreign countries, including China, potentially with the tacit or direct approval of the center’s leadership,” the letters read.
Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, also wrote to NASA as early as April 2012 asking about allegations that Worden “allowed foreign nationals” to access Ames – along with “NASA secrets and cutting edge technology” in violation of ITAR.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/22/nasa-missile-defense-tech-leaked-to-china-sources-say/?test=latestnews#ixzz2LmOPH2k7

"Keep digging agent Mulder" - from the X Files movie (1998) Fight The Future

:usa2:

Let's presume this is true for one moment. Are liberals in any hurry to uncover the latest spy ring?????????????

Federal prosecutor removed from the case????? Stonewalling the investigators. Statute of limitations approaching?

Hmmm, this all sounds very familiar, although in my case I was simply trying to bring to light a child molester that was connected to the all powerful Big MacFamily. Virtually all vested parties involved didn't want THAT to see the light of day.

I even got a phone call to my cell from a "Tom Hanks" last April (an inside joke relating to Bosom Buddies TV show/Billy Joel song/theme).

The voice mail that I thought I had saved, and was later wiped clean asked "What is it, and how much do you want?". He left a number, but at the time I didn't write it down, and was in no hurry to return that call under the circumstances.

You must recall the events of last spring. Read all about it. Some details of this event were discussed in the Homeland Security Forum on PJ.

True story. Let me tell ya, NOBODY, I mean NOBODY else could have gotten away with that. Quite frankly someone somewhere thought it was hilarious.

For whatever reason, the next Monday I got a fly over from a very interesting helocopter I had never seen before, and have not seen since. It was just a coincidence or divine providence I was standing right under them when they flew over.

Now in this case it is alleged that NASA employees were sharing very sensitive defense tech data with the Chinese and others, and now elements within the Government are doing their best to make this go away.

Who does the FBI work for????? Who keeps those people accountable????? Remember how the Attorney General was able to slither out of the Fast and Furious scandal while a few obscure agents were stuck with the blame, reassigned or dismissed outright???????

Again let us just wonder if there is any truth to these allegations, and that of a cover up.

Who amongst the Federal Law enforcement community would like to uncover the truth?????? If it leads all the way to the top, who amongst you would like to slap the cuffs on those folks???

Too scared?????

See if Delta and the Navy Seals would back you up.

Wouldn't that be the day????

"Keep digging agent Mulder" - from the X Files movie (1998) Fight The Future

:usa2:
In case you missed the 90's and the X Files movie here is the trailer. Again, I don't know about this alien shit, but I keep an open mind. Yah, I've heard the stories, I don't get too much into that for fear of seeing the inside of the "Channard Institute" again.

The so called international "Syndicate" spearheaded by CGB Spender aka Cancer Man selling America out is however 115% real. Rumors of a "negotiated armageddon" are legion, and most suspect it will be a plague to end all plagues. A silent weapon for a quiet war. De-population.

Such blatant cases of industrial espionage are just the prelude.

Afterall, what is loyalty to one's country and protecting her secrets if at some point the globalist plan to kill the "useless eaters"? This is naked entreprenuership/avarice beyond which normal people are willing to acknowledge or accept is possible.

It's no longer about "fighting commies and g**ks" any more. Are there any good guys left out there????? Who knows? Nothing is black and white these days as far as "who the enemy" really is. Al Queda yes, but there is also an enemy within who are arguably far more dangerous because these people escape the scrutiny of those who are supposed to be protecting us. In some cases, the wolves are guarding the hen house, literally.

Actually they have been here all along undermining us and selling us out in the name of technological parity and what not all throughout the 20th century predating the Cold War and WW II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEPwMWA6Rtk

"Trust No One"

Hmmmm, no comments eh???? Aren't liberals that are proud of their country for the first time in their adult lives going to demand answers and get to the bottom of this???

Prove or disprove the accusations??????

Nothing to see here.

You make it sound like North Korea pioneered the space program, or the atom bomb.

And no, I don't believe in us sharing our classified technology with China, with or without our knowledge.

We should expose those who sell America's ass, try them, convict them, and string them up by the neck until they are a corpse.

Furthermore, during the Cold War we had communist sympathizers and globalists supposedly on our side feeding the Soviets all our classified technology.

From jet engines, to the atom bomb. They even gave them data and material on chemical and biological weapons.

Our people bragged that we created enough stock piles to kill off the entire world population, and the best part is the Soviets developed like 5 times that amount thanks to our "enemies within".

And I'm not even talking about the Rosenburgs, Alger Hiss, John Walker, or Robert Hanssen.

There were other's that went undetected, and it's still going on today.

EatTheRich

President
You make it sound like the U.S. pioneered the space program. You also make it sound like the USSR at one point had more nuclear weapons than the U.S. Neither of these things are true.

EatTheRich

President
You make it sound like North Korea pioneered the space program, or the atom bomb.

And no, I don't believe in us sharing our classified technology with China, with or without our knowledge.

We should expose those who sell America's ass, try them, convict them, and string them up by the neck until they are a corpse.
It's possible you misunderstood my post to imply some MORAL equivalency between China's alleged theft of U.S. secrets and the U.S.'s (made up/nonexistent) theft of N. Korea's secrets. Actually my point is that both cases are on their face equally improbable. The U.S. wouldn't steal N. Korea's rocketry secrets because N. Korea's rocketry program is decades behind the U.S.'s. Likewise, it doesn't seem likely that China, which has rocketry technology more advanced than the U.S. has, would have much interest in stealing American technology.

EatTheRich

President
Furthermore, during the Cold War we had communist sympathizers and globalists supposedly on our side feeding the Soviets all our classified technology.

From jet engines, to the atom bomb. They even gave them data and material on chemical and biological weapons.
Jet engines were a British invention. Japan led the world in biological weapons technology.

Yep, and somehow curiously those same Rolls Royce jet engines ended up in the hands of the Russians to be used in the Mig-17.

As for Japan we took over the lead in NBC warfare, and somehow the Soviet advancement in these areas was proportional to our own.

Sniff-sniff yep you guessed it, there was more than one rat in the house.

So like I was saying various forms of treason generally carry a life sentence or capital punishment.

Find these people, try em, convict em beyond a shadow of doubt, and give them what should happen to those who sell America's ass to their choice of foreign entity for politics or profit. It's all the same to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvMRitoPqW8

Call me what you will. Am I some great Patriot???

Don't care for the word, it's largely meaningless these days considering some people fancy importing 3rd world ballot box stuffers of questionable loyalty.

Do I consider myself some great American??? I'll just say this, I'm not your average a-s-s-hole.

EatTheRich

President
Again, you haven't addressed the question of WHAT China could possibly want with the U.S.'s rocket technology when China's is so much more advanced.

Your claim about "third world ballot box stuffers" I already exposed as fantasy on another thread. But just to recap: there is no evidence of unepisodic voting by foreigners in U.S. elections; deportation of aliens has increased under Obama; and Reagan was the last president to propose amnesty for undocumented immigrants.

Again, you haven't addressed the question of WHAT China could possibly want with the U.S.'s rocket technology when China's is so much more advanced​

As far as I know, they are not more advanced, but they are catching up rapidly due to mass theft of intellectual property and technology in numerous different categories.

China leads the world in cyber attacks, not just for stealing technology, but also inside corporate information, for example what other companies are willing to pay for oil contracts.

In this instance it is alleged they also looked at data on guidance and terrain mapping systems for the Tomahawk cruise missile and the radar on the F-35.

If the Chinese are so much more advanced in rocket, space exploration, and stealth technology why was it that the US had all this shit decades before the Russians or Chinese????????

Isn't it a little odd that the new Chinese stealth fighter very closely resembles the F-22?????

Your claim about "third world ballot box stuffers" I already exposed as fantasy on another thread. But just to recap: there is no evidence of unepisodic voting by foreigners in U.S. elections; deportation of aliens has increased under Obama; and Reagan was the last president to propose amnesty for undocumented immigrants.
You dismiss this so easily, yet there is mass unreported theft by "undocumented migrants" of social security numbers for the purpose of attaining jobs here in the US.

Is it also possible that they could vote if they can get jobs and other bennies with pirated social security numbers???

I once talked to a case worker that dealt with disability applications, and she flat out told me that illegal immigrants can get disability.

As for stuffing the ballot box, it starts with so called anchor babies, but extends to identity theft as well, just part of the reason Dimmicrats don't like the idea of voter ID laws. We wouldn't be so lucky if an American went into Mexico and tried to game their system.

They'd probably arrest you, and force your family to send money to pay for hospital bills. THAT is the way of the world.

As for Reagan, he didn't just propose an amnesty, they passed an amnesty. Only back then it involved 2 million undocumented migrants.

Now that number is much higher. Try 10-14 million.

You make excuses and look the other way for illegal border infiltrators who soak the system, and even worse, are sitting here telling me that the Chinese technologically are more advanced than the US, hence believe the Chinese shouldn't have any motivation to hijack our shit.

Pretty hilarious if it wasn't so downright scary and sad.​

EatTheRich

President
The U.S. WAS more advanced than China in the past. In the last 5 years or so, China has caught up to AND SURPASSED the U.S. in terms of many sorts of technology, propelled by rapid recent growth and strong investments in science education and research. Why would someone copy an F-22, which is notoriously expensive and unreliable?

Is it "possible" that undocumented Mexican immigrants could fraudulently register to vote? Yes. But this is hardly evidence that the Democratic Party--which is ultimately as elitist and racist as the Republican Party--is actively encouraging this fraud on a large scale. And of course, the increasing deportations and the efforts to pass the DREAM Act--which would mandate registration of undocumented aliens--would undermine these efforts, if they existed, and therefore suggest that they do not. Now by "anchor babies" I assume you are referring to people born in the United States and therefore constitutionally entitled to be United States citizens whose right to vote cannot be denied on the basis of their race or color. So what you call "stuffing the ballot box" I call "U.S. citizens exercising their right to vote" (even if they're the wrong ethnicity and tend to vote for the wrong party from your point of view).

Again the issue is NASA scientists sharing data with Chinese officials, the investigation, the reassignment of the agents involved, and stonewallng of the government to run the clock out on the statute of limitations.

Where is the outrage??? There isn't any from the left evidently. I guess you guys are showing your true colors.

Red and Yellow.

As for ballot box stuffers. Discount reality all you want, but you do the math on anchor babies. All they have to do is squirt one out on America soil and they are as good as in.

Then when those kids grow up you have people of questionable loyalty, scruples, education voting for the communist party USA.

You don't see the problem with people fleeing a POS, then coming here to participate in our politics, and in the process run our country down to their own level.

Take a look at Obama's chicago. Take a look at California with all it's advantages they still can't make ends meet, not to mention all the environmental and agricultural problems the liberals have created over the past 40 years now coming home to roost. Businesses either go under or flee the state for greener pastures. The Golden State not so Golden after all.

Of course the realities on the ground don't matter to the ruling elite, same as in Mexico cause the establishment lives high on the hog regardless while the middle class either suffers or flees to Arizona or other places.