• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Fed takes rates up another three quarters. Quick, dissemblers pretending nothing's wrong to the fore

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Well, one thing is for certain, THIS IS GREAT NEWS for right wingers ! They are dancing in the streets, praising a much needed distraction from the greatest conman's mental breakdown. You know maybe the orange foolious thinks he is a character off star wars - he does kinda look like Jaba doesn't he :)

I think I won the Presidency; therefore I am President for life !

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Well, one thing is for certain, THIS IS GREAT NEWS for right wingers ! They are dancing in the streets, praising a much needed distraction from the greatest conman's mental breakdown. You know maybe the orange foolious thinks he is a character off star wars - he does kinda look like Jaba doesn't he :)

I think I won the Presidency; therefore I am President for life !
shoplifter.

wait...you put trump before the financial concerns of americans... no wonder..

Spamature

President
no, i was looking to the dissemblers to pretend for us that things were leveling off, and all that other sh*t from weeks past...

but..poof. they be gone.
I am the one who said the action from the Fed would be brutal and hurt people.
Taming inflation concentrates the pain into a recession.
Workers will lose their current advantage over employers.
Expect big companies to have waves of layoffs and downsizing.

Last edited:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
A/B is actually correct.

REF A) “Inflation is a worldwide international phenomenon, not attributable to any US policy or action”

Inflation is much higher globally than in the USA and it is mostly due to their own stupidity. The first reason inflation is higher in Europe/UK is not only because of their criminally insane fascist green policies. The 2nd reason is that the Federal Reserve has raised the Base Fed Rate from 0 to 3.5% in the last 6 months while EU/Japan have not raised rates as of yet. This is causing the Euro/Yen to collapse as money rushes into the USD which is making the dollar stronger.

The real bad news is the EU/Japan are F*KED. Any gueses what happens to the EU economy if they have to raise their rates from -0% to +5% just to put a stop to their currency collapse? And of course, if they do nothing lol? Ask a European if they still support Ukraine in January... LMAO!

REF B) Biden, Congress, and the Fed can act to reduce inflation via passage of laws and raising the American interest rates.

As explained above, raising interest rates strengthens the dollar and can lower inflation. However, if the CPI is running hot at 8.5% and interest rates rise to only 3.5%, you are STILL GOING TO HAVE INFLATION! As Paul Volker proved in 1980, you need real interest rates to be 5% above real inflation to stop it. Never going to happen. PASSAGE OF LAWS: Congress can pass a law tomorrow re-introducing wage and price controls. Inflation would collapse. Of course the shelves would be empty but hey, the inflation problem is solved.
That’s not what lefty is arguing. He is arguing that inflation was effectively imposed on Biden (when he helped usher it in) AND that Biden is rather helpless to fight inflation (because it’s a worldwide phenomenon).

Both ways is how lefty must have it…always.

Bugsy McGurk

President
That’s not what lefty is arguing. He is arguing that inflation was effectively imposed on Biden (when he helped usher it in) AND that Biden is rather helpless to fight inflation (because it’s a worldwide phenomenon).

Both ways is how lefty must have it…always.
FYI, sometimes more than one thing is true. For example, it’s true that Trump’s policies contributed to inflation, and it’s also true that inflation is global.

Can you grasp those two concepts despite your Trump cultism?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. Trouble for sure

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
That is absurd! This inflation is the result of supply disruption and government spending. We don't need a "recession" to cure that - we need less Brandon!

EatTheRich

President
Yeah, they’re running out of oil and virtually everywhere oil can be found is already being drilled intensively. Doesn’t change the fact that as measured by number of leases, not acreage, permits for oil drilling are at an all-time high. I can’t access your WaPo article which is behind a paywall but the fact remains that spending is down 15% and the deficit is down 68%.

EatTheRich

President
That is absurd! This inflation is the result of supply disruption and government spending. We don't need a "recession" to cure that - we need less Brandon!
The supply disruption is mostly attributable to Trump’s mishandling of Covid (along with Johnson’s, Bolsonaro’s, etc.). Spending meanwhile has been slashed by the largest percentage since Truman was president.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
FYI, sometimes more than one thing is true. For example, it’s true that Trump’s policies contributed to inflation, and it’s also true that inflation is global.

Can you grasp those two concepts despite your Trump cultism?
Whatever combination of conflated hooey is helpful to a given Democrat - and harmful to that Democrat’s opponent - is what Bugsy considers NECESSARILY “true”.

Biden is spotless on his profligate spending and money-printing. Inflation just “happened” and he did NOTHING to even SLIGHTLY increase it…but if he even passes gas, it is a profound GASH in the face of inflation. Bring on the band - can we get someone less granola than James Taylor next time?

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
The supply disruption is mostly attributable to Trump’s mishandling of Covid (along with Johnson’s, Bolsonaro’s, etc.). Spending meanwhile has been slashed by the largest percentage since Truman was president.
The f*ck it is! It was due to the democratic mayors and governors going ape sh*t crazy with authoritarian regulations. After $6 trillion in covid spending!!! sheesh - you have really turned into a world class liar anymore.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
The f*ck it is! It was due to the democratic mayors and governors going ape sh*t crazy with authoritarian regulations. After $6 trillion in covid spending!!! sheesh - you have really turned into a world class liar anymore.
Wasting your breath on the DNC automatons. To a man (and woman) they offer ZERO good faith thinking…just 24x7 servile propaganda across all issues.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Whatever combination of conflated hooey is helpful to a given Democrat - and harmful to that Democrat’s opponent - is what Bugsy considers NECESSARILY “true”.

Biden is spotless on his profligate spending and money-printing. Inflation just “happened” and he did NOTHING to even SLIGHTLY increase it…but if he even passes gas, it is a profound GASH in the face of inflation. Bring on the band - can we get someone less granola than James Taylor next time?
You’re babbling and lying about what I said rather than even trying to refute what I said

Your usual M.O.