• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Finally... A Light Exposed On The Cause of Inflation.

TBLee

Governor
It's the indolent boomers retiring prematurely. They are driving up wages which employers turn around around pass those higher costs on to consumers. Read the link.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aging-boomers-making-harder-tame-202545897.html
Meh…if someone has the means to retire, then good for them. Hard work pays off. If they retire and decide not to work “part time” (they actually are limited to the hours they can work without a penalty), then good for them. Careful planning pays off.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. Aging population and declining birth rate. The youngest Boomers turn 58 this year. I turned 64 and many of my classmates have retired, mostly workers in the energy industry and teachers. My brother was a municipal worker and he is already retired at 59. He didn't/doesn't have any kids.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

TBLee

Governor
Yep. Aging population and declining birth rate. The youngest Boomers turn 58 this year. I turned 64 and many of my classmates have retired, mostly workers in the energy industry and teachers. My brother was a municipal worker and he is already retired at 59. He didn't/doesn't have any kids.
If they can afford to retire, good for them.

Meh…if someone has the means to retire, then good for them. Hard work pays off. If they retire and decide not to work “part time” (they actually are limited to the hours they can work without a penalty), then good for them. Careful planning pays off.
They are causing inflation. There is a labor shortage, and they have able-bodies.
Put 'em back to work.

TBLee

Governor
They are causing inflation. There is a labor shortage, and they have able-bodies.
Put 'em back to work.
You do understand what retirement is, I assume. So, let me ask you this….do you plan to work for the rest of your life? No plans to ever retire. You are so silly…

pffft. tell them indolent wannabees pouring coffee pays max 15 bucks an hour... stop job hoppin. keep them jobs filled...
Job hopping has a net effect of zero on employment levels.
You need people that aren't working to start working to end wage inflation(i.e. prematurely retiring boomers)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Job hopping has a net effect of zero on employment levels.
You need people that aren't working to start working to end wage inflation(i.e. prematurely retiring boomers)
but they dont wanna work. you hopped away and now some indolent bum wants $100 k to pour coffee. you want the elderly to do it 'cause they are able bodied' but in reality they already paid their dues schlepping the proverbial coffee when they were young and not indolent... and now that they have cash and savings..they could give tow shits what anyone wants of them...

see?

Can't force them. Good luck with re-election to any politician that tries that.
Now is the time to cut social security to make sustainable. There are plenty of open jobs to make up for the lost welfare. It makes it sustainable for future generations, and it cuts government spending which will reduce inflation.