• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Finally... A Light Exposed On The Cause of Inflation.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
The invasion was telegraphed for months. Fuel prices went up when the market believed an invasion was imminent.
Markets are forward looking. Political pundits are always backwards. Seriously they have a big problem with pretending historical data is predictive. But I digress.

The inadequate infrastructure is a function of lack of labor.

The constraint on supply to meet that pent up demand is labor.

The labor shortage is the root of the inflation problem.
No, singular causation is not universally "labor". That is perhaps the laziest attempt at attribution I've seen in this forum - and we ALL know THAT is saying something...

Labor is a factor. One factor. But, I get it. Your ambition is to be forum gadfly and saddle burr. Enjoy - I have work to do. :)

write on

Senator
It's the indolent boomers retiring prematurely. They are driving up wages which employers turn around around pass those higher costs on to consumers. Read the link.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aging-boomers-making-harder-tame-202545897.html
Have you noticed that when I bring up what the real problem is, it is ignored- or not explained by those that disagree with me?

Plutocracy- greed and power

Last edited:

Zam-Zam

Senator
It's the indolent boomers retiring prematurely. They are driving up wages which employers turn around around pass those higher costs on to consumers. Read the link.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aging-boomers-making-harder-tame-202545897.html
So, you believe inflation's root cause is Grandma's refusal to work at Wendy's...Well, if that's the case, and if you're a patriot, you should volunteer to take her place at the deep fryer...Besides, you may need the extra income to pay off your student loans.

Meanwhile, Janet Yellen has her own theory on inflation's cause, and it's different than yours:

Janet Yellen blames Americans' 'splurging' for record-high inflation

Stephen Colbert notes Biden administration dismissed inflation as 'small risk' last year

Janet Yellen blames Americans' 'splurging' for record-high inflation | Fox News

One of you, at least, is wrong.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Have you noticed that when I bring up what the real problem is, it is ignored- or not explained by those that disagree with me?

Plutocracy- greed and power

Great read... main points for consideration IMO.

In sum, inflation isn’t driving most of these price increases. Corporate power is driving them.

Since the 1980s, when the US government all but abandoned antitrust enforcement, two-thirds of all American industries have become more concentrated.

So, you believe inflation's root cause is Grandma's refusal to work at Wendy's...Well, if that's the case, and if you're a patriot, you should volunteer to take her place at the deep fryer...Besides, you may need the extra income to pay off your student loans.

Meanwhile, Janet Yellen has her own theory on inflation's cause, and it's different than yours:

Janet Yellen blames Americans' 'splurging' for record-high inflation

Stephen Colbert notes Biden administration dismissed inflation as 'small risk' last year

Janet Yellen blames Americans' 'splurging' for record-high inflation | Fox News

One of you, at least, is wrong.
I already have a job. Retired people have able-bodies that do not have jobs. They need to quit being indolent and rejoin the workforce.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
I already have a job. Retired people have able-bodies that do not have jobs. They need to quit being indolent and rejoin the workforce.
Who are you to tell people what to do? Do I ask you to supersize my fries?

write on

Senator
Great read... main points for consideration IMO.

In sum, inflation isn’t driving most of these price increases. Corporate power is driving them.

Since the 1980s, when the US government all but abandoned antitrust enforcement, two-thirds of all American industries have become more concentrated.
Not trying to go off the main topic, but I think that what I've been posting for years here IS relevant.

How American started. We should be worried about #4 because it's on the way unless we stand up to it;

1. Democracy

2. Capitalism

3. Plutocracy

4. Fascism

Zam-Zam

Senator
So you're going to work until the day of your death?

Well, bully for you!

I retired at age 48. I still work, but it's volunteer work. And I'm loving it.

Oh, BTW, Janet Yellen still says you're wrong on inflation. Enjoy!

write on

Senator

Well, bully for you!

Zam-Zam, most Republicans think that everyone should be that way.

Do you see the problem?

Well, bully for you!

Oh, BTW, Janet Yellen still says you're wrong on inflation. Enjoy!

Either people retirees return to the workforce by choice which will slow inflation or inflation destroys the purchasing power of their fixed income and they are forced back into the labor force.

Either way. Their indolence is going to end and "retirees" will be rejoining the workforce.

write on

Senator
In your rash, incorrect generalizations?

Yes - I see that problem clearly. Do you?
Okay then. Explain to me being ignorant in how what I say are generalizations.

Edit;

While you're at it, explain the costs of goods rising while wages stay the same.

(and of course, explain it to me like I'm ignorant)