• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Finally - Republican senator casts Greatest Loser Trump as election loser destined to lose 2024 nomination

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Finally a crack in the dam, how many will follow. Sane people are winning !

Republican senator casts Trump as election loser destined to lose 2024 nomination

A Republican senator described former President Donald Trump as an election loser who is not guaranteed to win the GOP's presidential nomination in 2024 if he decides to run.

Sen. Bill Cassidy, one of seven Republicans in the Senate who voted to convict Trump in connection to the Capitol riot, cut in with a dismissive answer when Axios co-founder Mike Allen posited that if Trump runs again, he will have a winning ticket within the party.

"I don't know that," Cassidy intoned. "President Trump is the first president, on the Republican side at least, to lose the House, the Senate, and the presidency in four years. Elections are about winning."

The Louisiana Republican ventured further by saying he thinks Trump, who does poll well among Republicans looking ahead to 2024, might lose the GOP nomination contest.

“Well, if you want to win the presidency, and hopefully that's what voters are thinking about, I think he might," he said in the Axios on HBO interview.

Cassidy also said he would not vote for Trump in 2024.

Trump endorsed Louisiana's other U.S. senator, John Kennedy, for reelection in June. At the same time, he expressed contempt for Cassidy.

“Unlike Louisiana’s other senator, Bill Cassidy, who used my name in ads and all over the place in order to get re-elected, and then went ‘stupid,’ John Kennedy is the real deal — a brilliant and highly educated man who will never let you down,” Trump said.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER

Trump survived the Senate impeachment trial, the second one he faced, and has teased the idea of running for president again in 2024. However, he has not made any commitments.

Cassidy stressed that he was censured by his state's own Republican Party for voting to convict Trump on a charge of inciting an insurrection. "I slept very well that night," he quipped.

The senator said he voted to convict Trump because he swore “an oath to support and defend the Constitution. And when there was a pattern of behavior that culminated as it did on January the 6th, and we've had revelations since, that just led me to that decision.”

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Sen. Bill Cassidy, one of seven Republicans in the Senate who voted to convict Trump in connection to the Capitol riot...
Cassidy is one of 7 rational Republicans. I'm surprised Trump hasn't gone after them.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Finally a crack in the dam, how many will follow. Sane people are winning !

Republican senator casts Trump as election loser destined to lose 2024 nomination

A Republican senator described former President Donald Trump as an election loser who is not guaranteed to win the GOP's presidential nomination in 2024 if he decides to run.

Sen. Bill Cassidy, one of seven Republicans in the Senate who voted to convict Trump in connection to the Capitol riot, cut in with a dismissive answer when Axios co-founder Mike Allen posited that if Trump runs again, he will have a winning ticket within the party.

"I don't know that," Cassidy intoned. "President Trump is the first president, on the Republican side at least, to lose the House, the Senate, and the presidency in four years. Elections are about winning."

The Louisiana Republican ventured further by saying he thinks Trump, who does poll well among Republicans looking ahead to 2024, might lose the GOP nomination contest.

“Well, if you want to win the presidency, and hopefully that's what voters are thinking about, I think he might," he said in the Axios on HBO interview.

Cassidy also said he would not vote for Trump in 2024.

Trump endorsed Louisiana's other U.S. senator, John Kennedy, for reelection in June. At the same time, he expressed contempt for Cassidy.

“Unlike Louisiana’s other senator, Bill Cassidy, who used my name in ads and all over the place in order to get re-elected, and then went ‘stupid,’ John Kennedy is the real deal — a brilliant and highly educated man who will never let you down,” Trump said.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER

Trump survived the Senate impeachment trial, the second one he faced, and has teased the idea of running for president again in 2024. However, he has not made any commitments.

Cassidy stressed that he was censured by his state's own Republican Party for voting to convict Trump on a charge of inciting an insurrection. "I slept very well that night," he quipped.

The senator said he voted to convict Trump because he swore “an oath to support and defend the Constitution. And when there was a pattern of behavior that culminated as it did on January the 6th, and we've had revelations since, that just led me to that decision.”
Trump will threaten the guy now. We’ll see if he stands strong when Trump and his cultists go after him. He is setting a good example so far.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Kudos to that repub senator as well as the few others. It would be a blessing for the rest of his party to show as much courage being candid and truthful regarding Trump's push for ongoing dominance over them.
To hear Trump tell it though, he's their savior.

Trump asserts his dominance inside GOP, pushing Republicans to embrace his false claims of fraud

In a private speech at the retreat Thursday, Trump cast himself as the GOP’s savior, saying he had brought the party back from the brink of disaster and helped Republicans hold seats on Capitol Hill — failing to mention that the party lost the White House and control of both the House and Senate under his presidency.

“It was a dying party, I’ll be honest. Now we have a very lively party,” he said, to a room of senators, donors and lobbyists, according to a recording of the event obtained by The Washington Post, before boasting of all the endorsements and telephone town halls he had done in the 2020 cycle.