• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Fined by Swiss court for 'liking' defamatory comments

EvMetro

Mayor
Pretty interesting article. Should this guy have been endorsing defamatory comments?

Man fined by Swiss court for 'liking' defamatory comments on Facebook

"The court said it did not matter that the comments had not originated from the defendant, whose name was not given. By clicking the like button, “the defendant clearly endorsed the unseemly content and made it his own,” the court statement said."

More in the link above.

EvMetro

Mayor
I think we have a like button on this site, right? If we hit that like button, that means we like that post, right? What better way to endorse a post than to hit the like button....

EvMetro

Mayor
If you think that endorsing a post with the like button sends a message that you do in fact like the post you endorsed, don't reply. If nobody replies, we will know the answer.

EvMetro

Mayor
So, based upon the replies to post 3, the community unanimously agrees that endorsing a post you like using the like button means that you do in fact like the post. This is probably the first time I've gotten unanimous support from both sides of the aisle!

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
So, based upon the replies to post 3, the community unanimously agrees that endorsing a post you like using the like button means that you do in fact like the post. This is probably the first time I've gotten unanimous support from both sides of the aisle!
Correct.

Neither side of the aisle cares. We're in agreement on that.