• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Florida governor telling cruise lines how to run their business

Bugsy McGurk

President
Right wing National/ State/ Local control is allowed when they think it makes the Greatest loser happy, plain and simple - they will flip flop like a fish out of water to please their cult leader - now just think if California was to do this......................the crocodile tears will flood the room !
In Trumplandia, businesses cannot implement measures to prevent the further spread of the Trump virus. It must be allowed to spread freely because, don’t you know, it will just go away. Like a miracle.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
In Trumplandia, businesses cannot implement measures to prevent the further spread of the Trump virus. It must be allowed to spread freely because, don’t you know, it will just go away. Like a miracle.
Wasn't that supposed to happen last summer? When the sun came out, bleach IV'S at the ready ?

UPNYA2

Mayor
All part of the "Us vs Them" mentality of the republican party. Pretend they are the victims of anti-freedom democrats. Tell people that masks are some kind of mechanism to control people...that you should be free to infect others...

My wife and I will be carrying our vaccine cards everywhere we go and we still wear masks. As we learn more about how vaccines affect our immunity and ability to carry the disease...we'll continue to be careful for our own health and those around us. We have now told our employees that they are required to get vaccinated. If they refuse they'll be written up and then terminated...and we will contest any attempt to get unemployment.
I don't like the idea of him or any other government official dictating to any business what they can and cannot do in order to provide the public with their goods or services.

People can choose to accept the request or not go there.

Having agreed on that point I would also like to add that this may have more to do with the governor protecting the medical privacy of citizens than trying to let people infect others.

For example, I have seen and heard that sometimes cruise lines offer gay cruises for openly homosexual individuals to meet others like themselves in comfort, with no hassles from some like may occur wherever they are from. Would everyone on here be supporting, demanding, defending and even championing the ship lines if they required all who went to provide them with medical documentation that they were AIDS free or they would not be allowed to go?

Or do you believe that they all should be free to infect others...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I don't like the idea of him or any other government official dictating to any business what they can and cannot do in order to provide the public with their goods or services.

Having agreed on that point I would also like to add that this may have more to do with the governor protecting the medical privacy of citizens than trying to let people infect others.

For example, I have seen and heard that sometimes cruise lines offer gay cruises for openly homosexual individuals to meet others like themselves in comfort, with no hassles from some like may occur wherever they are from. Would everyone on here be supporting, demanding, defending and even championing the ship lines if they required all who went to provide them with medical documentation that they were AIDS free or they would not be allowed to go?

I believe that is up to the cruise lines...if they advertise that Aids tests are required and that encourages more passengers...good for them. None of my business.

I would tend to want to go on a cruise where all passengers and crew are immunized.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Nah, it’s not a privacy issue - people could just avoid cruises if they didn’t want anyone to know they’re not vaccinated. No one would know. Their choice.

And DeSantis couldn’t give a hoot about that. He knows that a very large percentage of Republicans view vaccinations as a political issue, so they refuse to get vaccinated. DeSantis happily goes to bat for them, as he wants to curry their favor and he doesn’t care about the people they might infect.