• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Food For Thought Update

Zam-Zam

Senator
Maybe what we thought we knew....We didn't? Consider:

Omicron spreads. The media say, “Governments must act!”

Many have, bringing back mask mandates and closing schools.

Do these rules work?

No.

My new video shows why Florida’s approach is better.

Gov. Ron DeSantis ended pandemic restrictions last spring and refuses to impose new ones. “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result,” he said. Lockdown states let “hysteria drive them to do really damaging things.”

The media hate him for saying things like that.

“Some governors are putting their own political gain ahead of children’s lives,” said CNN anchor Don Lemon.

If you watch most TV news, you’d think the rules, bans and shutdowns really save lives. Florida killed people because Florida didn’t impose tougher rules, we’re told.

“Florida leads the nation in new COVID cases,” says Action News in Tampa.

“Florida has the worst rate of coronavirus anywhere in the country!” rants “The Young Turks” host Cenk Uygur.

But it’s not true.

Florida has had fewer deaths than 16 other states.

Mississippi, Arizona, Alabama and New Jersey had the most deaths per capita. New York, where most TV anchors and I live, had the sixth most deaths.

Florida did better even though Florida has more high-risk old people.

What’s going on?

The media rarely just lie. Most simply cite Florida when deaths are high and ignore the state when deaths fall. They deceive by omission. Florida’s good numbers just don’t fit the reporters’ biases.

But even some pro-lockdown politicians know that less regulated Florida is no more dangerous than other states.

After Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez complained that “anti-shutdown people” are “spreading COVID all over the place,” she was filmed partying in Florida.

Two days after Rep. Eric Swalwell sneered that “Republican liars … prolonged” the pandemic … “your vacation cancelled,” he was photographed in Miami.

DeSantis laughs about this. “If I had a dollar for every lockdown politician who decided to escape to Florida over the last two years, I’d be a pretty doggone wealthy man.”

Fewer rules allow people to build better lives for themselves. Lack of shutdowns is one reason Florida’s unemployment rate is 4.5%, well below New York’s 6.6%.

Does this mean shutdowns and mask mandates are useless — and less regulated Florida has the answer?

No. We can’t say that. There’s no clear pattern.

Complete text: Evil Florida - Stossel TV (johnstossel.com)

Rather than react reflexively, perhaps think for a second, digest, and then consider that nothing we've done so far has really worked all that well?

Nah... Just condemn any new way of thinking. Carry on.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
And yet another post arguing that Covid containment policies don’t work after those policies have been sabotaged.

Downright weird.

It's a republican thing.... you wouldn't understand. Same with them guzzling sheep dip. How [Unwelcome language removed] nuts do you have to be to think that Florida has done a good job with the pandemic?

Zam-Zam

Senator
It's a republican thing.... you wouldn't understand. Same with them guzzling sheep dip. How [Unwelcome language removed] nuts do you have to be to think that Florida has done a good job with the pandemic?

It's food for thought.

I don't expect those who are not open to new ideas to even consider it.

In other words, it's not for you. Don't let it trouble you.

PNWest

That's the thing - post some opinion piece from a right wing curmudgeon and expect it to be taken seriously then get your panties all tied up when I post the real statistics that debunk it.

What should be taken more seriously an entertainment piece with a right wing shill cherry picking numbers or an organization collating COVID numbers from around the world every single day and telling you where they got those numbers?

Oh well ......

And I apparently do not have an open mind because I refuse to pay respect to a bullsh!t article and instead post facts.

Like I said - It's a republican thing.... you wouldn't understand.

Bugsy McGurk

President
That's the thing - post some opinion piece from a right wing curmudgeon and expect it to be taken seriously then get your panties all tied up when I post the real statistics that debunk it.

What should be taken more seriously an entertainment piece with a right wing shill cherry picking numbers or an organization collating COVID numbers from around the world every single day and telling you where they got those numbers?

Oh well ......

And I apparently do not have an open mind because I refuse to pay respect to a bullsh!t article and instead post facts.

Like I said - It's a republican thing.... you wouldn't understand.
The overall gist of all the dishonest winger hit pieces is the same - try to blame the Covid spread/deaths on Biden after the wingers do everything they can to sabotage Biden and advance the spread of Covid.

Deplorable!

PNWest

The fact that you are so opposed to this makes me feel better about it.

Thank you.
Why don't you cut out the junk food (and junk science). both ways you'll be healthier.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Why don't you cut out the junk food (and junk science). both ways you'll be healthier.

Fourth COVID vaccine still doesn't stop Omicron: Israeli study (nypost.com)

LOL! The CDC should be on your list of "kook" sies (along with CNN)...SNICKER...CHORTLE...

PNWest