• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

For Texas women in need

Colorforms

Senator
Pal around with your taliban friends.

You and your ilk have a lot in common with them,
Awww someone's widdle feewings got hurt.

What a child you are. "If they don't do what we tell them to do then they're as bad as the Taliban"

I can just picture you stomping your feet and holding your breath.

write on

Senator

What a child you are. "If they don't do what we tell them to do then they're as bad as the Taliban"

When confronted, the right wing lash out.

That's alright. We're used to it.

write on

Senator

How about staying on topic?

write on

Senator

Are you able to see the absurdity of that TX law now?

write on

Senator
The right is not interested in women's health or life. They're interested in punishing women for having control over their own sexuality rather than leaving it in the hands of their father and then husband. Women dying from unsafe abortions is a feature, not a bug.
What boggles the mind is that they're moving along the same lines of Saudi Arabia.

Stone, or behead her!

We're an infant, in the scope of the age of countries.

But somehow, we think, after only 230 yrs compared to the 5k of Europe. that we dictate to the world that we know better.

bs doesn't fly

BobbyT

Governor
What boggles the mind is that they're moving along the same lines of Saudi Arabia.

Stone, or behead her!

We're an infant, in the scope of the age of countries.

But somehow, we think, after only 230 yrs compared to the 5k of Europe. that we dictate to the world that we know better.

bs doesn't fly
As long as there are religions, which are near universally patriarchal and have controlling women's sexuality as a key feature, societies will treat women as less than fully capable of self-determination and less than fully adult. In other words, women will always have this battle to fight. If there are periods of lull for some women in some societies, those periods will end sooner or later and women will start all over. But the fight will never end.

Because...

Controlling women's sexuality is programmed into men's genetic structure since during our evolution it was the only way for a man to ensure the children he supported were his. That genetic coding doesn't self delete just because we've invented paternity tests.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
So again, when a woman/ man president deems certain types of weapons illegal, all the righties should rejoice and follow suit as they LAID THE GROUNDWORK for lost liberty and freedom................just wait and watch the hypocrisy then.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
It wouldn't surprise me if the incestual rapists/ criminal rapists want those kids born - a sign of their power and manliness - you think - they sure has to be a reason why the GOP wants those kids born.

Colorforms

Senator
An unconstitutional law is not a law at all. A woman has a constitutional right to an abortion.
How is this unconstitutional? Even the supreme court didn't question it.

And, just to set the record straight, Texas didn't ban abortion. So I reject your implication that it did outright.

At least TRY to be honest for once.

EatTheRich

President
How is this unconstitutional? Even the supreme court didn't question it.

And, just to set the record straight, Texas didn't ban abortion. So I reject your implication that it did outright.

At least TRY to be honest for once.
Under Roe v. Wade, which the Supreme Court has not overturned, and which is based on the fundamental constitutional right to privacy established by case law, a woman has an unrestricted right to an abortion during the first trimester. Texas's law is also, of course, a blatant violation of the 14th Amendment Equal Protection clause.

Texas in effect banned abortion by prohibiting pretty much any abortions that would take place after a woman realized she was pregnant.