• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Free College?

reason10

Governor
If you think college is free, you're stupid.

1634214458026.png

Here's an original idea for idiots. Get a edited job.
Don't go to college unless it's for a degree that employers want.
You aren't entitled to an instant six figure salary just because you have a Sociology or Lesbian Dance Theory degree.

And you have no edited right to demand the taxpayers pay your student loan. You ran the debt up yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

middleview

President
Supporting Member

View attachment 66336

You aren't entitled to an instant six figure salary just because you have a Sociology or Lesbian Dance Theory degree.

And you have no edited right to demand the taxpayers pay your student loan. You ran the debt up yourself.
The issue of paying student debt is a complex one. Might be better to suspend interest accrual and still require the student to pay the principal.

The issue of free college should be considered given that other countries do provide free college. That means we have to compete against a better educated work force...A number of people I've worked with from India or China did go to school for free...

reason10

Governor
The issue of paying student debt is a complex one. Might be better to suspend interest accrual and still require the student to pay the principal.

Students in college are WARNED about taking on too much debt. The registrars make them sign documents understanding that. And they accrue debt anyway, sometimes just cashing entire checks and partying. And then they imagine that their Lesbian Danced Theory degree will automatically get them a six figure job.

The issue of free college should be considered given that other countries do provide free college.

That is a LIE. There is not ONE institution in the entire world where the educators work for free. There is no such thing as free college.
What you're thinking is free college is college paid for by someone OTHER than the person getting the education. Kinda like if I stole your car. It wouldn't make it a free car. It would be stolen.

That means we have to compete against a better educated work force...A number of people I've worked with from India or China did go to school for free...

I understand a blue state's education establishment being inferior to India or China's government indoctrination centers. But NOBODY goes to college for free. Your welfare checks were not earned. So the things you buy with them are not free.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Students in college are WARNED about taking on too much debt. The registrars make them sign documents understanding that. And they accrue debt anyway, sometimes just cashing entire checks and partying. And then they imagine that their Lesbian Danced Theory degree will automatically get them a six figure job.

The issue of free college should be considered given that other countries do provide free college.

That is a LIE. There is not ONE institution in the entire world where the educators work for free. There is no such thing as free college.
What you're thinking is free college is college paid for by someone OTHER than the person getting the education. Kinda like if I stole your car. It wouldn't make it a free car. It would be stolen.

That means we have to compete against a better educated work force...A number of people I've worked with from India or China did go to school for free...

I understand a blue state's education establishment being inferior to India or China's government indoctrination centers. But NOBODY goes to college for free. Your welfare checks were not earned. So the things you buy with them are not free.
You are playing a silly game of semantics...grow up.

reason10

Governor
Fifty years ago I went to college and it was free.
Fifty years ago, college was not free. The dorms weren't free. The Professors didn't teach for free. You are lying.

If you didn't pay for it, someone else did. It wasn't free.

If I rob your houses, take a thousand dollars, whatever I buy with that money is not free.

Edited

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member

View attachment 66336

The only people that should get free college are Veterans, that should also include automatic upgrades to full citizenship on a successful completion of four years active service if they are aliens.

Fifty years ago, college was NOT free. The dorms weren't free. The Professors didn't teach for free. You are LYING.

If you didn't pay for it, SOMEONE ELSE DID. It wasn't free.

If I rob your houses, take a thousand dollars, whatever I buy with that money is NOT FREE.

(When you make stupid statements like that, everybody has to wonder if you ever made it out of the third grade.)
What do you expect from a group of people who follow an idiot that tells us his $3.5 trillion tax and spend plan will cost $Zero...

reason10

Governor
The only people that should get free college are Veterans, that should also include automatic upgrades to full citizenship on a successful completion of four years active service if they are aliens.
There is no such thing as free college. If professors taught for free, then it would be free.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

The issue of free college should be considered given that other countries do provide free college. That means we have to compete against a better educated work force...A number of people I've worked with from India or China did go to school for free...
Not complex...You bought it, you pay for it. You could go back to your Germany and get a free education. Remember you get what you pay for. There is always a reason why it's free.

Drumcollie

There is no such thing as free college. If professors taught for free, then it would be free.
What ever is free on the front end is paid for on the back end

• Brazil: Classes are taught in Portuguese..................................................27.5% income tax rate...Sales tax17-19% or 300%
  • Czech Republic: Classes taught in the Czech language are free...........45.7% (peaks for employee gross annual income of $90,000 or more) Sales tax 21% (standard rate)[78]
  • Finland...66.75% for the members of the Orthodox Church of Finland....Sales tax 24% (standard rate)
  • France:...... Free classes available to European Union citizens...49% (45% + 4% tax on high incomes, or incomes over €500,000)[90]...Sales Tax 20% (standard rate)
  • Germany........47.475% (45% income tax + 5.5% solidarity surcharge based on the total tax bill)...Sales tax 19% (standard rate)
  • Greece: Classes are taught in Greek....44% Tax...Sales tax 24%
  • Iceland Tax 46% sales tax 24%
  • Kenya: Free tuition available to high-scoring secondary school students...30% (for citizens)35% (for non-citizens) sales tax 16%
  • Luxembourg...45.78% (42%[129] + 3.78% unemployment fund...Sales tax 17%
  • Norway: Tuition is free, but living expenses come at a very high cost 46.4% Tax...Sale tax 25%
  • Panama 27% Tax...Sales tax 7%
  • Slovenia: Free education for EU citizens 50 percent tax...Sales tax 22 Percent.
  • Sweden: Free education for EU citizens...52% (32% average municipality income tax + 20% state income tax) Sales tax 25 %
Countries With Free College 2021 (worldpopulationreview.com)
List of countries by tax rates - Wikipedia

Settled Science

4/15

Mayor
Perhaps you dolts are envious of me. My classes were free and I paid for my books. I found that most who wanted me to fail were conservatives. So much for the kool aide.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Not complex...You bought it, you pay for it. You could go back to your Germany and get a free education. Remember you get what you pay for. There is always a reason why it's free.
My ancestors are Dutch and Irish. Not German...but that is only a minor error on your part...

India. In case you had missed it a large number of IT workers these days are from India...same with a very large contingent of doctors.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
What do you expect from a group of people who follow an idiot that tells us his $3.5 trillion tax and spend plan will cost $Zero...
More than I expect from people who follow an idiot who says windmills cause cancer or that he'll pay off the national debt in just 8 years....

Drumcollie

My ancestors are Dutch and Irish. Not German...but that is only a minor error on your part...

India. In case you had missed it a large number of IT workers these days are from India...same with a very large contingent of doctors.

Funny cuz you picked a German name and the Dutch speak a West German language.

As far as qualified people who emigrate here legally...Welcome. My mother did the same.