• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

From the "There is very little Biden could have done about it" Files: OPEC+ agrees deep oil production cuts

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Let's say that you are correct. Then it should have been obvious from the get-go that Biden wouldn't be able to convince the Saudis not to cut production. That's your argument.

OK - if this were the case then is was stupid as all f*ck to tell people that he was doing everything in his power to keep oil production levels up. BIDEN chose to make that public. BIDEN did think he could influence the Saudis. That's clear. He failed.... again.

Even assuming that all of your conjectures are right Biden comes out of this looking weaker.

But your comment to the other poster was spot on :)
Well…the stupid would think so. The alliance of the dishonest kooks appears to be solid indeed.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Zzzzz….you’re such a crashing bore.
I am sure it is disappointing indeed to have your every [nutcase lunatic bizarrely- deranged] crackpot conspiracy theory shot thru…but that’s what you get when you trot out such nonsense.

Bye.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I am sure it is disappointing indeed to have your every [nutcase lunatic bizarrely- deranged] crackpot conspiracy theory shot thru…but that’s what you get when you trot out such nonsense.

Bye.
You don’t even address what I said, much less do you “shoot it thru.” Again, you’re delusional and you should seek help.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I think Putin - as deranged evil player on the world stage - doesn’t give a darned which decrepit half-wit octogenarian moron Americans elect. No doubt about it.
No matter how delusional you are you can’t possibly believe that Putin would not prefer having Trump back in power. You’re just too dishonest for rational conversation.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
I see nothing wrong with trying to convince the Saudi depot to keep supplies up even though it was a longshot. Indeed, in the absence of the corrupt Trump crime family/Putin/Saudi alliance, my belief is that the overture to the Saudis would have been successful. But the corrupt alliance prevented that from happening for the reasons I stated. I just don’t think Biden should be blamed for that corrupt alliance and its consequences.
Call it a long shot. Biden made the bet and the bet crapped out. Certainly doesn't make him look anything other than a loser - right?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Call it a long shot. Biden made the bet and the bet crapped out. Certainly doesn't make him look anything other than a loser - right?
I don’t regard him as a “loser” because he was unable to overcome the consequences of the corrupt Trump crime family/Putin/Saudi alliance. I explained why above.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
No matter how delusional you are you can’t possibly believe that Putin would not prefer having Trump back in power. You’re just too dishonest for rational conversation.
Putin doesn’t care WHO is president in America…so long as he can have us at each others’ throats. The same can be said of China, BTW.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I don’t regard him as a “loser” because he was unable to overcome the consequences of the corrupt Trump crime family/Putin/Saudi alliance. I explained why above.
Yep. Now not only is Bugsy nuts…but PNW gets to own this stuff as well. Bedfellows.

PNWest

Sorry - I may have been too literal for you. I saw the situation as a win/lose for America. Prior to the OPEC+ meeting Biden made it clear that he wanted the Saudis to keep production levels up. He chose to do that in a public manner. That set up the contest.

If Biden had gotten the Saudis to keep production levels up that would have been a win in my book (and I probably would have posted a "THANK YOU PRESIDENT BIDEN" post about it). He failed to do so - so I consider it a loss and posted in my usual inimitable way.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry - I may have been too literal for you. I saw the situation as a win/lose for America. Prior to the OPEC+ meeting Biden made it clear that he wanted the Saudis to keep production levels up. He chose to do that in a public manner. That set up the contest.

If Biden had gotten the Saudis to keep production levels up that would have been a win in my book (and I probably would have posted a "THANK YOU PRESIDENT BIDEN" post about it). He failed to do so - so I consider it a loss and posted in my usual inimitable way.
well done.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Just imagine the carping from the wingers if he hadn’t even tried. He did try. But keeping production levels up just wasn’t consistent with the agendas of Putin and the Saudis.

The bottom line is that evil nations continue to be able to hold other nations hostage through fossil fuels. For decades, informed people have been urging more efforts to produce renewable energy, for a variety of solid reasons. But still, there is fierce resistance from craven, partisan people. The madness continues.

PNWest

Just imagine the carping from the wingers if he hadn’t even tried. He did try. But keeping production levels up just wasn’t consistent with the agendas of Putin and the Saudis.

The bottom line is that evil nations continue to be able to hold other nations hostage through fossil fuels. For decades, informed people have been urging more efforts to produce renewable energy, for a variety of solid reasons. But still, there is fierce resistance from craven, partisan people. The madness continues.
The wingers probably would carp no matter what. Biden made it public. He made it a win/lose. I guess they thought he'd get the win.

Certainly renewable energy is the way to go. Maybe I'll make a post about it to shut up the Biden apologists that don't like me telling the truth.

Bugsy McGurk

President
The wingers probably would carp no matter what. Biden made it public. He made it a win/lose. I guess they thought he'd get the win.

Certainly renewable energy is the way to go. Maybe I'll make a post about it to shut up the Biden apologists that don't like me telling the truth.

Of course they would carp no matter what. That goes without saying.

As to making it public, it’s hard to keep such things secret. Transparency is a good thing.