• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

FWIW - tidbits from the exit polls

Sodak

Council Member
This is a record turnout. {Numbers weren't given].

Romney's back-2-back wins is first since 1976.

From exit polling -

The majority of Indies voted for Romney or Paul.

Voters mainly concerned with 1) economy and 2) beating Obama

Majority of voters would be satisified if Romney is the nominee.

Majority of voters would not be satisfied if Gingrich, Paul or Santorum were the nominee.

Moving right along.............

Cicero

Mayor
Yeah, that's probably what most of us expected. Romney is the GOP leadership's selection and enough voters are okay with their endorsement to go along with it.

I honestly don't think it matters. The Right is -- as you say -- strongly focused on the economy and on ABO [Anybody But Obama]. Unless Barack can somehow fire up the Left like he managed in 2008 then he's probably in real trouble -- even with the mainstream press campaigning for him again.

Bo-4

Senator
Yeah, that's probably what most of us expected. Romney is the GOP leadership's selection and enough voters are okay with their endorsement to go along with it.

I honestly don't think it matters. The Right is -- as you say -- strongly focused on the economy and on ABO [Anybody But Obama]. Unless Barack can somehow fire up the Left like he managed in 2008 then he's probably in real trouble -- even with the mainstream press campaigning for him again.
So say the 30%-ers.. Good luck with that. :~)

Sodak

Council Member
No, he didn't.

There was no official announcement made. Only a lot of maybes and hearsay.

I'm not going to attempt to verify it but it was reported the next day that even if the vote were to change, the official winner would still be Romney. Since these caucuses are not legally binding elections, there is no overwhelming need to do any recounts. So because a potential error was discovered, probably by accident, it is meaningless unless you recount every vote. Remember FL???

Sodak

Council Member
What I see as relevant is not the Pubs and who they like. It's the fact that Romney is the favorite with the INDIES - those who will decide this election. If that group were really split, it could pose a problem.

And when you look at the majority of the voters, Pub and Indie, the majority do not have a problem with Romney - another plus.

I'm not inclined to listen to these f'ing acceptance speeches and was typing my post when Romney started speaking. I actually had to stop and pay attention to this supposedly bland and unexciting dude who tonite sounded more Obama than Obama AND all without a teleprompter - who'da thunk??

BTW, if you want a giggle, you might want to check out Jack Lew [our new Chief of Staff] and his "capitalistic" background. Bwah-hah-hah and all that :)

degsme

Council Member
This is a record turnout. {Numbers weren't given].

Romney's back-2-back wins is first since 1976.

From exit polling -

The majority of Indies voted for Romney or Paul.

Voters mainly concerned with 1) economy and 2) beating Obama

Majority of voters would be satisified if Romney is the nominee.

Majority of voters would not be satisfied if Gingrich, Paul or Santorum were the nominee.

Moving right along.............
remember, many Dems cross registered as Indies to get to vote

Cicero

Mayor
Yes, you are correct about the independents; the same people [in some respects anyway] that put Obama into office in 2008 and have since turned their backs on him.

As for Obama's new chief of staff; yes, LoL

degsme

Council Member
What I see as relevant is not the Pubs and who they like. It's the fact that Romney is the favorite with the INDIES - those who will decide this election. If that group were really split, it could pose a problem.
this is a myth if you look at demographics

First off many of the "indies" were Dems cross registering and thus bumping up Ron Paul to get Huntsman out of the race (hence the "record turnout")

Secondly the "indies aren't really Indies. All "indies" LEAN. And the Indie LEAN in NH has always been towards the GOP its not probitive WRT the rest of the nation