• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Game on: North Korea is going down

Spamature

President
If I had to take a gander at what the US would actually do in a real war... they would assign different targets to different forces. The guided missile destroyers might be tasked with taking out missile silos, while conventional artillery and bombers and jet attackers and attack helicopters would all be concentrating on NK artillery. If we did any nuke warfare at all, it would be first strike tactical nukes on artillery positions so as to wipe them all out as fast as possible. It would be the goal of any first strike plan to save the city of Seoul. It would be the goal of any war strategy to save as many civilian lives on the Korean peninsula as possible. I don't think there's any value in using our nuclear subs in a real war; but if North Korea were able to hit a population center with one of their nukes; then it would be immediate retaliation in kind... that's deterrence, that's what our subs do.

The bitch about this situation isn't the nuclear threat, the nuclear threat can be contained, what would be very hard to stop is their chemical warfare. North Korea has pretty old conventional warfare, some of it is ancient, but they have around 4500 mlrs (multiple launch rocket system... the same as they were doing target practice with, yesterday) and they can fire their chemical weapons with their artillery... or their ballistic missiles. The artillery has about 25 miles range, the scud missiles about 40 miles range. So we know where they would all be... but we would want to wipe it all out before they could fire that into the streets of Seoul, so maybe a bunch of those MOAB bombs? or tactical nukes? or both? What ever gets missed in a preemptive strike will be immediately redressed by our artillery along the border, and our bombers and attack jets and attack helicopters.

The sooner we can take out their offensive capabilities, the less civilians die on both sides. I don't think South Korea will invade (they could)... I think China will do that, China would replace Kim with a different puppet and eliminate the Nuke program.

Hopefully, low civilian casualties. Lots of stuff goes wrong in war... you never know what to expect. What I don't expect is for Kim to hand over his WMD... the only way to eliminate those will be through force.
Or they could decide to negotiate an end to the Korean war. Which would mean accepting the regime as legitimate. Which in your opinion is the uglier decision ?

Days

Commentator
Or they could decide to negotiate an end to the Korean war. Which would mean accepting the regime as legitimate. Which in your opinion is the uglier decision ?
Great idea, now all you have to do is figure out how to get North Korea to come to the negotiating table. They won't even talk to China, let alone us.

Days

Commentator
Wow hard to argue with that.
If this comes to blows, it would be the first war in my lifetime that really was for Defense... everything else is special interest warfare.

The thing about this mess that perplexes me is the nature of the regime in NK, how are they ever going to move off of the corner they painted themselves into? I mean, on their own, how could anyone take over for Kim and say to that nation, "We were only kidding the past 3/4 century, America is actually good guys, South Korea too, no worries, it's all good, let's try trading with the world again and ditch the nukes"... I can't imagine it.

The divide is so great between North Korea and the USA... just look at the level of readiness for the two nations. North Korea is on high alert, the entire nation wakes up at 5AM every morning ready to fight a war with America. Meanwhile, our Pacific fleet is at defcon 1, it's lowest level of readiness. We are worlds apart, we are decades apart, they are still in the 1950s, try to remember a time before the Flintstones were created.

This guy keeps up with the zanni-ness...

China’s Threat to South Korean Missile Defense | China Uncensored

Last edited:

Spamature

President
If this comes to blows, it would be the first war in my lifetime that really was for Defense... everything else is special interest warfare.

The thing about this mess that perplexes me is the nature of the regime in NK, how are they ever going to move off of the corner they painted themselves into? I mean, on their own, how could anyone take over for Kim and say to that nation, "We were only kidding the past 3/4 century, America is actually good guys, South Korea too, no worries, it's all good, let's try trading with the world again and ditch the nukes"... I can't imagine it.

The divide is so great between North Korea and the USA... just look at the level of readiness for the two nations. North Korea is on high alert, the entire nation wakes up at 5AM every morning ready to fight a war with America. Meanwhile, our Pacific fleet is at defcon 1, it's lowest level of readiness. We are worlds apart, we are decades apart, they are still in the 1950s, try to remember a time before the Flintstones were created.
Between NK and the USA only one of the two is a credible threat to the other.

Days

Commentator
Between NK and the USA only one of the two is a credible threat to the other.
between NK military and USA military, it is no contest. But between NK military and civilians... once again, no contest. That's the deal with Kim, he keeps threatening to turn cities into ash heaps... and we are in no way capable of determining whether he would really do it.

The North Korean nuclear threat, explained
Published on Apr 26, 2017

North Korea Threatens US With Nuclear Attack
Published on Mar 7, 2013

Tillerson: We will know change from N. Korea when we see it

Published on Apr 27, 2017

Days

Commentator
Admiral Harris to Rep. Tulsi Gabbard: Kim Jong-un is in position to threaten Hawaii today
Published on Apr 26, 2017

How? What is he talking about? I thought Hawaii was out of range of all but their ICBMs which are not operational as yet. anybody? I guess the brass think Hawaii is in range of their medium range missiles...

BREAKING! Hawaii on High Alert for North Korea Nuclear Attack
Published on Apr 17, 2017

EatTheRich

President
We will strike North Korea, we will take out all their missile silos, all their Air Force, all their tanks, most of their artillery, we will kill their lone submarine, and China will rush in to "rescue" them and stabilize the government. Dear Leader will probably go the way of Gadafi. China will set up a puppet government.

It's all good.
N. Korea is not the 98-pound weakling Libya was.

EatTheRich

President
I'm not sure who "you guys" is supposed to mean? Bernie Sanders voters? Jill Stein voters? Which one of us guys are you talking about?

I don't think the Trump admin wants the war, I hope not. But the problem right now is simple; North Korea isn't listening to China or Russia or anybody for that matter, they are absolutely unwilling to steer from their set course. Their stated goal is to nuke the largest cities in the USA and leave the entire continent as a heap of ashes... their words, not mine. Obama did nothing for 8 years, now they are capable of nuking South Korea and Japan; they are pressing hard to be capable of hitting the USA.

It is a big gamble, no matter what Trump does, but the biggest gamble would be to continue to do nothing... that would be like playing roulette with our entire existence. Obama could afford to do nothing because he rightly guessed that he would leave office before Kim achieved an ICBM. Now the clock is ticking down... blaming Trump for North Korea is utterly stupid; this was dumped in his lap by Obama.

If you want to actually learn a little bit about what is happening in North Korea, watch this video...

The Horrible Truth About North Korea | Michael Malice and Stefan Molyneux
N. Korea has many times offered to give up its nuclear weapons in exchange for U.S. military withdrawal from Korea.

EatTheRich

President
This one could end in about ten minutes, along with the entire northern half of the Korean peninsula. That's about how long it would take for the USS Michigan, all by itself, to remove North Korea from the map. When they say "all options are on the table" and then the USS Michigan shows up in port in South Korea... no words are necessary.

I agree with you, btw, this regime is all about self survival and zero about the survival of its people. On the ugly meter, this situation is a ten.
In the 1950s N. Korea became the 4th most heavily bombed country in history (after Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam) yet didn't give up. Their resiliency was underestimated then and may be now. Even if everyone in the country were physically killed, are you sure millions of Chinese wouldn't be fighting to carry on their legacy?

EatTheRich

President
If I had to take a gander at what the US would actually do in a real war... they would assign different targets to different forces. The guided missile destroyers might be tasked with taking out missile silos, while conventional artillery and bombers and jet attackers and attack helicopters would all be concentrating on NK artillery. If we did any nuke warfare at all, it would be first strike tactical nukes on artillery positions so as to wipe them all out as fast as possible. It would be the goal of any first strike plan to save the city of Seoul. It would be the goal of any war strategy to save as many civilian lives on the Korean peninsula as possible. I don't think there's any value in using our nuclear subs in a real war; but if North Korea were able to hit a population center with one of their nukes; then it would be immediate retaliation in kind... that's deterrence, that's what our subs do.

The bitch about this situation isn't the nuclear threat, the nuclear threat can be contained, what would be very hard to stop is their chemical warfare. North Korea has pretty old conventional warfare, some of it is ancient, but they have around 4500 mlrs (multiple launch rocket system... the same as they were doing target practice with, yesterday) and they can fire their chemical weapons with their artillery... or their ballistic missiles. The artillery has about 25 miles range, the scud missiles about 40 miles range. So we know where they would all be... but we would want to wipe it all out before they could fire that into the streets of Seoul, so maybe a bunch of those MOAB bombs? or tactical nukes? or both? What ever gets missed in a preemptive strike will be immediately redressed by our artillery along the border, and our bombers and attack jets and attack helicopters.

The sooner we can take out their offensive capabilities, the less civilians die on both sides. I don't think South Korea will invade (they could)... I think China will do that, China would replace Kim with a different puppet and eliminate the Nuke program.

Hopefully, low civilian casualties. Lots of stuff goes wrong in war... you never know what to expect. What I don't expect is for Kim to hand over his WMD... the only way to eliminate those will be through force.
N. Korea weakening under imperialist pressure has meant more civilians dying over the last 20 years.

EatTheRich

President
Great idea, now all you have to do is figure out how to get North Korea to come to the negotiating table. They won't even talk to China, let alone us.
They have suggested a starting point for negotiations several times. It's the U.S. that has refused to make meaningful concessions.

EatTheRich

President

This guy keeps up with the zanni-ness...

China’s Threat to South Korean Missile Defense | China Uncensored
Probably the U.S. would be required to give specific guarantees of good will starting with withdrawal of its troops and war reparations.

Days

Commentator
In the 1950s N. Korea became the 4th most heavily bombed country in history (after Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam) yet didn't give up. Their resiliency was underestimated then and may be now. Even if everyone in the country were physically killed, are you sure millions of Chinese wouldn't be fighting to carry on their legacy?
I was just pointing out what the presence of the USS Michigan represents. btw, these guys finally are getting close....

President Trump's Armada Sails To Korea Peninsula After Transiting Philippines Sea
Published on Apr 28, 2017

EatTheRich

President
wonder why we don't bite at that? How does South Korea feel about that?
Hard to know since S. Korea outlaws the expression of this POV and punishes it quite harshly .... nevertheless there have been a number of large demonstrations favoring withdrawal.

Days

Commentator
Hard to know since S. Korea outlaws the expression of this POV and punishes it quite harshly .... nevertheless there have been a number of large demonstrations favoring withdrawal.
What happened to South Vietnam when we withdrew?