• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Gerhard Schroeder says there's a deal to be had for peace in Ukraine...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
So Mexico claims it's going to embark on a special operation to protect its people here in america. You'll be on the side of beating that shit down, or cutting some kind of deal to give them some territory?
Look, what is happening to Ukraine is an outrageous tragedy, one I believe could have been avoided - but not without conceding some (disputed) territory along with security guarantees. There is no way short of US putting troops on the ground (and more importantly in the air) that this ends with a Ukrainian win. Dragging it out only prolongs the agony of millions of people forced to live in a war zone. In such a situation, rational people do what they have to do to stop the killing and then work diplomatically to resolve the issue of territorial rights.

Raoul_Luke

A poll prior to the war showed that over 70% of the people of Donbas did not want to be part of Russia. Speaking Russian is not the deciding factor.

If Russia wanted to have a referendum on the issue they'd have lost.
LOL! In a country run by people with a well deserved reputation for authoritarianism and corruption, I'm not surprised in the least that you would demand we accept a single poll they conducted as the definitive factor.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Look, what is happening to Ukraine is an outrageous tragedy, one I believe could have been avoided - but not without conceding some (disputed) territory along with security guarantees. There is no way short of US putting troops on the ground (and more importantly in the air) that this ends with a Ukrainian win. Dragging it out only prolongs the agony of millions of people forced to live in a war zone. In such a situation, rational people do what they have to do to stop the killing and then work diplomatically to resolve the issue of territorial rights.
Then...drag it out it shall be. There is no diplomatic resolution. The world is comprised of cowards. Putin knows this.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
LOL! In a country run by people with a well deserved reputation for authoritarianism and corruption, I'm not surprised in the least that you would demand we accept a single poll they conducted as the definitive factor.
And I'm not surprised you support Putin and his invasion.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So you support US troops on the ground in Ukraine?

Bugsy McGurk

President
That’s up to the Ukrainians. Not you.

Raoul_Luke

Let’s get on with WWIII?

You’re even crazier than your cult leader.
Maybe you don't give a shit about the millions of innocent Ukrainians who are in a living hell right now for months on end and no end in sight, but I have moral compunction about hanging innocents out to dry for our (assinine) foreign policy goals.