• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

GM - General Motors - "Gubmint Motors" - whatever....is #1 again!

I played in a golf tournament last Sunday with the head of sales for our local Chevy dealer. He said they are kicking butt. I told him that I was proud to support their company and that saving them was a great moment in history. He smiled and said "thank you".

D

Doc

Good news, actually, although, I still buy FORD, as my personal experiences have been far better with FORD vehicles.

Still, NISSAN creates some pretty nice vehicles, and, while centered in Japan, they have put a lot of resources in Tennessee, and hire lots of people.

I hope that GM can continue to grow their sales. Even MORE so with Chrysler, as it appears the American Taxpayer has to bail that company out, every two decades, regardless of economic factors.....

Minotaur

Governor
I put them over the top this year. Went GM. I'm really proud of the company and their goals and work ethic to come back from the brink of death so strongly. Bravo to a fine American tradition.

D

Doc

I put them over the top this year. Went GM. I'm really proud of the company and their goals and work ethic to come back from the brink of death so strongly. Bravo to a fine American tradition.
What did you buy?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
So, it took an earthquake in Japan, a drop of 23% in Toyota production AND an infusion of 49.9 BILLION to get them to sell 300,000 more cars/trucks (most of which sold in China?)

What is that? About 166,000 per car in tax payer 'subsidies'?

Hell, that's a bargain to the tax payers, isn't it?

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/08/gm-is-worlds-number-one-automaker.html

This has GOTTA be eatin' the Fox/GOP up inside. But..leaving aside the desperate, Obama/America-hatin' Fox/GOPs, what about the rest of us? How many of us seriously believed that Obama, GM, and the guvmint would actually pull this one off?

Great day, in the morning!
And your point being? Wow, GM once again overtook Toyota. Do you think that was more from Toyota reputation being soiled by the Prius recalls, and its parts fabrication plants being vertually wiped out by earthquake and tsunami? Given that such a large company fell to #3, the answer would be yes.

Lukey

Senator
I played in a golf tournament last Sunday with the head of sales for our local Chevy dealer. He said they are kicking butt. I told him that I was proud to support their company and that saving them was a great moment in history. He smiled and said "thank you".
You should have asked him what their plan was for dealing with their unfunded pension obligations:

https://www.politicaljack.com/forums/showthread.php?11372-UAW-Pension-Costs-killing-GM-share-prices.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
this of course is great news in the midwest.

and don't think we don't know who to credit.......it's not Willard "Let Detroit fail" Romney, that's for sure.

It is, as it's my money that did this, and I'll never see it again.
The stock holders at the time were cast aside and their money lost so that the Democrats could give this company away to the union thugs and pay for it with my money. Hope you're proud.

Minotaur

Governor
Did you get the 4 cylinder or the 6?
I was more into gas mileage so I suspect I got the lower mileage 4 cylinder. Believe it or not I will have to ask to know for sure. Howz that for girly? One Nit: The steering wheel seems a little too positive but I'm getting that checked. Someone said they are computer set and may not be fixable as one would expect, if at all, so we'll see on that. I really like the car so far. Lots of nice features.

fairsheet

Senator
As I imagined would be the case, this news has some folks down in the dumps. But then...what? we worry?

Anyway...according to "Consumer Reports", even Chrysler has made some pretty dramatic strides with their NEW models. Their older reskinned products aren't much to shout about but...Chrylser/Fiat have plans of replacing those as well.

Really? How much of your money did this involve? You likely pay so little in total taxes that the minute share you paid that went to GM was likely under a buck.

Lukey

Senator
uh...they did it several times.. UAW for instance. And in Europe, they do it as a matter of course. next.
Okay, we'll ignore the whole UAW got equity that rightfully belonged to the bond holders and go with your concept. If the UAW was being so "helpful" to GM in this reorganization, why didn't they include any concessions that would have prevented this problem from cropping up so bad so soon?