• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

GM - General Motors - "Gubmint Motors" - whatever....is #1 again!

fairsheet

Senator
IMHO....the coolest thing of all about the resurgence of GM and Chrysler, is that very few of us can honestly say that we were confident that it would work - even those of us who insisted we had to do it. I grew up a Ford man and probably still am one. BUT...man-o-man, the success of GM and Chrysler of late, couldn't please me as an American, more.

And as I've said before....it'd be the shits to be a GOP right now, and not be "allowed" to take some measure of pride and satisfaction in all this.

Rudedog

Council Member
And it only cost the taxpayers $250,000 for each Chevy Volt, not counting the ones that caught on fire.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1749220/pg1
"Many of the documents described by the Mackinac Center as 'studies' do not represent genuine social science research… few Mackinac Center studies are of high quality and very few would be accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed academic journal…"

"The work of the Mackinac Center may have caused more confusion than clarity in the public discussion of the issues that it has addressed by systematically ignoring evidence that does not agree with its proposed solutions."

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/mackinac-center-public-policy

Your source has been outed as a fabricater of LIES!!!!!
LIES!!!!
LIES!!!!

Quarter of a Million dollars? Come on!! Only a right wing psycho would believe such a blatant LIE. Should have used a lower figure, but like psychos who believe Obama is a Muslim it does not take much to brainwash the weak minded.

Yep. And I hope you are proud of the fact that you are subsidizing cars for the likes of:
Jeff Gordon
Stephen King
Jay Leno
Alyssa Milano
Baywatch's Alexandra Paul

And so many others that just couldn't afford one without help from the US Taxpayer. LOL.
Wudda Joke.

well it's easy to do, even you could do it.
Gubbmint Subsidy Of the Volt = $1.5Bil
6000 Volts sold.
That would be, let me see, somewhere right around $250,000.00 ea.
Not to mention that the US gubbmint bought 26% of the volts that were sold.
That would total approx 1500 @ $41K ea = $61,500,000.00

Because it's worth less than he paid for it? but I really don't care, What I care about is that y'all think bailing out GM was great, but the stock isn't worth what we paid for it.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Well I guess you did. You did say that you would stay and respect our POTUS right? Just as you do now...
WOW...where did you get your glasses? When I need to get some in the future, I want to go to the same place. Not ever going to happen. As I stated before, Obama could stand on his head and crap nails and those who hate him would say he should be crapping screws. But then I realize you were just being sarcastic. LOL

OldGaffer

Governor
well it's easy to do, even you could do it.
Gubbmint Subsidy Of the Volt = $1.5Bil
6000 Volts sold.
That would be, let me see, somewhere right around $250,000.00 ea.
Not to mention that the US gubbmint bought 26% of the volts that were sold.
That would total approx 1500 @ $41K ea = $61,500,000.00
Exxon gets more than that every year as a government subsidy.

Rudedog

Council Member
With GM rebounding with a vengence the wingnuts are in sooooo much denial!
Poor fellows having to live in their delusional world because they refuse reality.
Very pathetic.

fairsheet

Senator
With GM rebounding with a vengence the wingnuts are in sooooo much denial!
Poor fellows having to live in their delusional world because they refuse reality.
Very pathetic.
It's eatin' the poor bastards up inside - especially as MOST GOPs and/or "conservatives" were RAISED to respect and revere American auto manufacture.

Days

Commentator
I absolutely was adamant that this made sense. GM was #1 in China when the banks pulled the credit on HQ in Detroit. Obama made the right call. Idiots who lump this bailout together with the bank bailouts, are so blind, you can't save them.

Days

Commentator
Nissan car is probably manufactured in America. GM car is probably assembled in Canada.

MaryAnne

Governor
Small note here for those complaining.

Obama did not put the bailout in motion. George Bush did. Obama just followed through. How quick we do forget.

Instead of whines you should be giving Bush high fives,but I guess it us much easier to complain. Takes less thought,maybe.

OldGaffer

Governor
Small note here for those complaining.

Obama did not put the bailout in motion. George Bush did. Obama just followed through. How quick we do forget.

Instead of whines you should be giving Bush high fives,but I guess it us much easier to complain. Takes less thought,maybe.
MaryAnne, it takes no thought at all.