• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

GM - General Motors - "Gubmint Motors" - whatever....is #1 again!

OldGaffer

Governor
Both my Son and I have tried the 4 cylinder and they have as much power as the 6,Mary. I am looking at the Buick and they have a 4 too. MY DIL got a GMC with 4 cylinder.She loves it,but was hit in the back,pushed into the car in front.I think she has it back now.

I have an Olds Intrigue with 38,500 miles,just had it all cleaned and was ready to go to the dealer and backed out after I looked at it:eek:) My best friend has one just like it and neither of us can bear to part with them. Every time I do someone,unloading the head mechanic offer to buy it.They all have a Son,friends,etc who wants one just like it:eek:) Tires,a battery and light bulb replaced .
I always liked Olds, I must have leased hundreds of Cutlasses when I owned my Leasing Company back in the 70's.

jammer

Mayor
Not only that, but all of the Big Three were profitable last year! That damn Obama, saving all those jobs. he should taken Mitt's advice and just let them all go bankrupt.

jammer

Mayor
CB, Gm has paid back almost 100% of the money it received from the bailout so what you
in' about other than Obama did a good thing and it really pisses you off.

Lapcat

Governor
Sorry to burst your little bubble of unreality there....but I'm not going anywhere. You probably will though.....after this November. But don't worry. I understand it will be nicely padded and comfy....lol!

ai438.photobucket.com_albums_qq107_Caliper68_Emoticons_th_LooneyChimp.gif

Keep on keeping on.... The funny thing is that the Cons at Redstate.com were talking about where they would go if Obama wins.

And they suggested Australia or NZ.

Even though both have higher tax rates than the USA and have immigration requiremnts that most would not meet...

So where are you planning to move to?

jammer

Mayor
Let's see: The airlines, the auto unions, steel workers, miners, all of them took cuts in pay and yet the bosses get big bonuses and huge salary increases....hmmmm?

jammer

Mayor
You DO know he was Obama's point man on the UAW bailout, don't you? What else would you expect him to say?
What's the matter Lukey, hate having your own links thrown back at ya? Whine a little louder, Mitt can't hear you.

OldGaffer

Governor
Already posted it. You can find it in my "started threads" under ....

Government Motors in bed with the ChiComs.
No, the part where other American corps wont? Have you shopped at Wal Mart lately? Looked at any American corporation brands, checked where the product was made? Do you have an I-Phone?

fairsheet

Senator
Already posted it. You can find it in my "started threads" under ....

Government Motors in bed with the ChiComs.
I'm not sure where "in bed with the ChiComs" comes from, except to the extent that GM has done rather remarkable job of positioning itself to take advantage of the HUGE Chinese market. The Japanese (Suzuki) got the jump in India. Ford's big in Europe and South America. China was ripe for the taking. GM looks to be taking....even as that seems to upset Lapcat.

OldGaffer

Governor
I'm not sure where "in bed with the ChiComs" comes from, except to the extent that GM has done rather remarkable job of positioning itself to take advantage of the HUGE Chinese market. The Japanese (Suzuki) got the jump in India. Ford's big in Europe and South America. China was ripe for the taking. GM looks to be taking....even as that seems to upset Lapcat.
They are building and selling cars in China, whoop te doo.

MaryAnne

Governor
You DO know he was Obama's point man on the UAW bailout, don't you? What else would you expect him to say?
I also know Rattner was the SOB that would not allow GM to honor their IUE contract that cost many members to lose health care and the Delphi people lost their pensions. The IUE is now replacing those lost benefits and put IUE members in Medicare Advantage,which is better in some ways than the Union health care now. And,will be even better this year thanks to the Health care bill!

And they are fighting to replace the Delphi Pensions. I was not a part of that,but know many who were.

MaryAnne

Governor
I always liked Olds, I must have leased hundreds of Cutlasses when I owned my Leasing Company back in the 70's.
We had the big ones,but I went to Cutlass in the 80's.Neat for a woman to drive.I fell in love with my Intrigue the moment I saw it. Once I got behind the wheel I was gone:eek:)

D

Doc

GMs reliablility ratings are getting to the top in many categories, check out the LaCrosse and CTS ratings. Both have 4 year 50k mile bumper to bumper warranty plus the 100k 5 year power train warranty. Which car company has been plagued with recalls the last few years, not GM.
Indeed, in my life, I have seen MASSIVE changes in the American Auto Industry. We may never be able to get to the point where WE were the primary car builders in the world, as the market and industry have simply changed too much.

That said, America IS building some of the better vehicles these days.

And, basically, we have been for several years. The Japanese are our only true competition, and, the auto companies from BOTH nations, are largely international, now.

The BIG thing, is that the American Auto Companies get their ticket sales back up, as that industry supplies a LOT of Jobs.

Hopefully, we are headed in the right direction...........

MaryAnne

Governor
Buick LaCrosse is the hottest car in China.Tells you something!

MaryAnne

Governor
Not only that, but all of the Big Three were profitable last year! That damn Obama, saving all those jobs. he should taken Mitt's advice and just let them all go bankrupt.
They paid their workers half of their yearly salary in bonuses. Can you imagne those happy workers?

degsme

Council Member
Sorry to burst your little bubble of unreality there....but I'm not going anywhere. You probably will though.....after this November. But don't worry. I understand it will be nicely padded and comfy....lol!

ai438.photobucket.com_albums_qq107_Caliper68_Emoticons_th_LooneyChimp.gif
Gee I notice you didn't respond to the question....